Page 101 of 105 FirstFirst ... 51 91 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1570

Thread: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Rate the last 5 movies you've watched

I watched Across The Spider-verse over the weekend and to me it's not as good as the first one, but it's still really good. Worth the watch.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Icon

broke down and watched The Whale..its not bad for a movie that really has no other location that the dudes house. The movie set must have been cost effective that way.

i started watching teh movie with a bowl of standard issue popcorn, but about 10mins in i couldn't eat nothing, just made me feel full all of the sudden lol.
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Deity

Watched Meg 2 this afternoon. If you liked the original Meg, you'll like this because it's a similar type of movie. It was a tad too much like Jurassic Park as they introduced land creatures coming out of the depths this time too.

I'll give it a 7/10 only for the action aspect but other than that, it was just ok
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

I started Scouts Honor last night (I started at 8:30pm). It's about the sex scandal of the Boy Scouts of America. I paid attention for about 30minutes of the 1hr30m doc, then fell asleep. It was the same thing repeated over and over and over. I'll watch the rest today at some point, but man...it was so dull considering the topic.

Due to the topic, and the people effected, it's a very non-excitement piece (so far). There's just a lot of of interviews with people who are very calculated in what they are saying, so there's not a whole lot of high energy emotion that would keep you engaged like a drug documentary. It's also doing the bouncing around in years, which I never find helpful when trying to understand an issue like this.

I think the message would come across much better if the topic was discussed in a movie like Spotlight with the Catholic Church. But I'm also only 30min into it, maybe it turns around.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Watched Meg 2 this afternoon. If you liked the original Meg, you'll like this because it's a similar type of movie. It was a tad too much like Jurassic Park as they introduced land creatures coming out of the depths this time too.

I'll give it a 7/10 only for the action aspect but other than that, it was just ok
    Watched it yesterday. Wanted something where I left my brain behind. Didn't disappoint. 6/10
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Deity

Forgot to mention that I finally caught the latest Indiana Jones flick, Dial of Destiny.

While it was probably the worst of the series, it was still entertaining at times and a good ending to one of my favorite movie series. I wont lie, I was hoping to see Short Round make an appearance in there somewhere, but it wasn't meant to be (sorry if that is a spoiler for you).

7.5/10

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Forgot to mention that I finally caught the latest Indiana Jones flick, Dial of Destiny.

While it was probably the worst of the series, it was still entertaining at times and a good ending to one of my favorite movie series. I wont lie, I was hoping to see Short Round make an appearance in there somewhere, but it wasn't meant to be (sorry if that is a spoiler for you).

7.5/10
    It's worse than Crystal Skulls?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It's worse than Crystal Skulls?
    Meh, I didnt mind that one that much, kind of like I didnt mind this one either. I wont say this one is any better or worse. The first part of this movie was outstanding, it just kind of fell after that. I guess, at 80-some years old, Ford only has so much energy to give LOL!.

Dobber Sports Titan

Meh, I didnt mind that one that much, kind of like I didnt mind this one either. I wont say this one is any better or worse. The first part of this movie was outstanding, it just kind of fell after that. I guess, at 80-some years old, Ford only has so much energy to give LOL!.
    And it's not like Ford ever looked like he gave 100% in a lot of roles he didn't enjoy lol.

Harrison Ford is probably one of my favourite actors too. I was going to avoid this movie but I'll check it out for my next watch.

The Great One

1) Banshees of Inisherin: 0/10 - absolutely terrible. One of the worst movies I’ve ever seen. Waste of time.

2) Top Gun 2 Maverick: 8/10 - fun. Very little wasted screen time. Nothing serious and lots of action.

3) Caddyshack: 8/10 - absolute classic. Needed to re-hack this currency. Ted Knight at his finest. So funny.

4) Monty Python Live (mostly): 10/10 - nostalgic and perfect. Compilation of live performances from their last stint at the O2 in London. Last time Terry Jones performed before his death. Must see for Python fans.

5) A River Runs Through It: 10/10 - I watch this one every so often. One of the most caring and perfect screen adaptations of what is an almost perfect novel.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

7.5/10
    I'm a big (was?) Indiana Jones fan but have had difficulty getting excited for this one. I WILL watch it but I'm in no rush yet.

Dobber Sports Titan

The Banshees of Inisherin I actually enjoyed. It's a very Irish humour movie. Reminded me of the same humour of Waking Ned. Which if that's not your humour it's awful.

I loved Waking Ned (background is Irish), and showed it to my fiance through COVID (her background is Italian) and she didn't find it funny at all.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The Banshees of Inisherin I actually enjoyed. It's a very Irish humour movie. Reminded me of the same humour of Waking Ned. Which if that's not your humour it's awful.

I loved Waking Ned (background is Irish), and showed it to my fiance through COVID (her background is Italian) and she didn't find it funny at all.
    Waking Ned Devine was funny. Banshees was not. I found it tiresome and stupid. No character does anything remotely human in it.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    I'm a big (was?) Indiana Jones fan but have had difficulty getting excited for this one. I WILL watch it but I'm in no rush yet.
    I am also a big Indiana Jones fan so while I wasnt sure what to expect, I was going to watch it one way or the other. As I say, I've seen a lot worse movies in general, but comparing it to the Indiana Jones movies, it's near the bottom but when you're at #5 in the series, it's hard to live up to the hype.

The Great One

Indiana Jones is tough because Raiders was an almost perfect film. I was 10 when it came out and it occupies an important place in my psyche. I saw it in the theater and it was just amazing. My friends and I played out scenes from it over and over. Karen Allen was perfect. No film in a franchise would have been able to match it. None of the rest came even remotely close.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR: