Thread: Brett Ritchie

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Brett Ritchie

Ritchie seems thread-worthy at this point...13 goals and 19 points in six November games, including a four goal, six point game followed by a five goal game. Sweet jesus.

By-product of Strome or emerging power forward?

Couple of perspectives here:

http://thehockeywriters.com/dallas-p...-elite-scorer/
    http://www.torontosun.com/2012/11/13...s-conversation

I just added him to my two keeper farm teams.
    10 team roto, Keep 17 + 50 farmers (Farm GP limits 246 F, 328 D and 200 G). Dress 9F 5D 1Ut 2G (G, A, D-pts, +/-, PPP, PIM, SOG, Hits, Blks, W, SV%, GAA)

F- Tavares Bergeron Simmonds Kucherov Radulov Skinner JVR Brown R. Smith Perron Kesler
    D- Doughty Josi Giordano Suter Muzzin Boroweicki
    G- Dubnyk Murray Smith
    Farm highlights: Abramov, Chlapik, Cirelli, Kunin, Mantha, McCarron, Perlini, Johnsson, Zykov, Ritchie, Honka, Kylington, Sorokin, C. Point, Dansk

Banned

It's hard to say. I saw him the other day in-person and he was pretty good, scored a goal, but you always gotta be weary of guys who have huge breakouts in their final year of junior. He's now bigger and older than the majority of players so it's easier for him to score. I wouldn't consider him a power forward since he isn't that physical. Having Strome and Hamilton definitely help a ton and he gets a lot of space to work with because of them. Doesn't strike me as having a great future but doesn't hurt to give him a shot on your squad.

Administrator

The fact that his insane numbers are a bi-product of the OHL's leading scorer are not a concern to me. It shows what he can do with talent around him. He is not producing alone so he is unlikely to become a top scorer in the future but I don't think anyone had hopes of that anyway. Better for him to have 38 points in 24 games than not. His size is more of a concern to me because big forwards tend to take longer to develop.

You can never be sure about a prospect outside of the obvious ones but in Ritchie's case he is certainly good enough to be on a farm team in a keeper league.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust