Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TSN

Dobber Sports Expert

Default TSN

Anonymous wrote:
    They air it because thats what TSN does, it airs Toronto games to the Toronto area. If you lived in Calgary, it would probably do the same to you there. They do it for ratings and viewers. I personally wouldn\'t be bothered to flick on one of the other games.
    no, it\'s not just to the toronto area, it\'s to the entire east, so here in Montreal, I have to watch toronto games as well. which sucks.

oh and I totally agree about mcguire, one of the worst commentators in hockey.

Dobber Sports Master

Default TSN

repenttokyo wrote:
    Anonymous wrote:
    They air it because thats what TSN does, it airs Toronto games to the Toronto area. If you lived in Calgary, it would probably do the same to you there. They do it for ratings and viewers. I personally wouldn\'t be bothered to flick on one of the other games.
    no, it\'s not just to the toronto area, it\'s to the entire east, so here in Montreal, I have to watch toronto games as well. which sucks.

I see how both of you dislike McGuire but for some reason he\'s my fav.

The majority of the Canadian population is in Toronto and its all about money. TSN will never change. Also TSN = Toronto Sports Network. Maybe Calgary, Montreal, Vancouver, ect should start their own sports network. Oh wait that\'s what sportsnet is for.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

I...am your father.

Default TSN

frost wrote:
    But the leafs are battling for a playoff spot! Well to people in toronto they are.
    To people in toronto, they already have a spot sewn up!
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Master

Default TSN

Dobber wrote:
    frost wrote:
    But the leafs are battling for a playoff spot! Well to people in toronto they are.
    To people in toronto, they already have a spot sewn up!
    Today at work all my fellow co-workers gave me a break down of how the leafs can make the playoffs mathematically. I then broke it down and showed them that if Philly goes 5-6 down the stretch and the leafs go 8-3 (very unlikely but had to do the math) that they still had to compete with Buffalo, Washington and Florida who might go on a run aswell. Then I also factored in the chance that games may go into overtime (very likely in my eyes but not theirs) making the 8-3 down the stretch not being enough. They still have hope. I just wish the leafs could lose and get a good draft pick and have a chance to make the playoffs in a few years so I don\'t have to hear this stupid talk anymore.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Expert

Default TSN

Crazynuck wrote:
    repenttokyo wrote:
    Anonymous wrote:

The majority of the Canadian population is in Toronto and its all about money. TSN will never change. Also TSN = Toronto Sports Network. Maybe Calgary, Montreal, Vancouver, ect should start their own sports network. Oh wait that\'s what sportsnet is for.
    montreal does have it\'s own sports network, it\'s call RDS.

Dobber Sports Guru

Default TSN

i can\'t decide if i want the leafs to tank and get stamkos or if i prefer this annual mad dash for 9th place.

worded another way, what flavour of bs would i like to hear from my leaf-fan friends? deluded optimistic vanilla or cocky arrogant neopolitan? haha, j/k. kinda.

mcguire can be obnoxious, and i used to hate him for his delivery style, but then i saw the light. i\'m not sure how to explain it otherwise. it\'s like an atheist converting to religion, i guess.

Dobber Sports Master

Default TSN

repenttokyo wrote:
    Crazynuck wrote:
    repenttokyo wrote:
    Anonymous wrote:

This was more in the context that ppl complain that TSN only shows Leafs games. No one complains that RDS only shows Habs games.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Master

Default TSN

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    i can\'t decide if i want the leafs to tank and get stamkos or if i prefer this annual mad dash for 9th place.

worded another way, what flavour of bs would i like to hear from my leaf-fan friends? deluded optimistic vanilla or cocky arrogant neopolitan? haha, j/k. kinda.

mcguire can be obnoxious, and i used to hate him for his delivery style, but then i saw the light. i\'m not sure how to explain it otherwise. it\'s like an atheist converting to religion, i guess.

atheist cvonverting to religion well put.
    McGuire is the man.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Expert

Default TSN

Crazynuck wrote:
    repenttokyo wrote:
    Crazynuck wrote:
    repenttokyo wrote:
    Anonymous wrote:

This was more in the context that ppl complain that TSN only shows Leafs games. No one complains that RDS only shows Habs games.
    hehe oh no? remember the thread last month where people were complaining about the low quality broadcasts from RDS? A lot of people are tired of the network.

Dobber Sports Master

Default TSN

must have missed the thread.
    TSN shows the occasional non-leaf game.
    Does RDS show games other than the Habs?
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Torture

Default TSN

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    I\'d rather that they continue the dash for 9th, that way they don\'t get better, and I\'ll be perfectly happy with that.

Dobber Sports Master

Default TSN

Torture wrote:
    ultrawhiteness wrote:
    I\'d rather that they continue the dash for 9th, that way they don\'t get better, and I\'ll be perfectly happy with that.
    I feel the same way but I would like to experience playoff hockey in TO since i\'m stuck here.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty