Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TSN

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default TSN

It\'s a good thing TSN pirates Versus and NBC otherwise they\'d never have a good game on. Given a choice between CGYvWSH / BUFvPIT / TORvPHI TSN chooses to show the game with the 2 worst teams and the fewest marquee playes.

It\'s always nice to be reminded why I hate Canadian sports broadcasters and the Leafs.

Dobber Sports Master

Default TSN

Get the rogers NHL package and you will get a chance to see the PIT and Caps games. But I would rather watch the leafs than watch the Ovech Kam.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Ace

Default TSN

I\'d rather watch a playoff battle between two bottom teams than either of the other two.

Dobber Sports Master

Default TSN

The leafs game vs the Flyers was unreal last night. Best game I have seen in a while.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default TSN

Toronto v Philly is not a playoff battle. Philly\'s barely a playoff team let alone Toronto. If the stars all align correctly and the Leafs win the rest of their games they\'ll be lucky to come away with 9th.

Calgary\'s involved in a battle for the NW div lead with 3 other teams in the best div in hockey. Washington\'s chasing Carolina in the worst div in hockey. This is more of a playoff battle than PHIvTOR. Plus in CGYvWSH you get to watch Iggy and Ovy, or on comcast just Ovy. In terms of the BUFvPIT game there\'s Malkin and BUF\'s got a better shot at the playoffs than the Leafs do, especially if their D return promptly.

But I can understand how Leaf fans after years of watching so much bad hockey would rather continue watching bad hockey than realize what they\'ve been missing. Ignornce is bliss after all.

Crazynuck: I would but I\'m still a poor student.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default TSN

But the leafs are battling for a playoff spot! Well to people in toronto they are.

Dobber Sports Master

Default TSN

big_dl wrote:

Crazynuck: I would but I\'m still a poor student.
    I\'m poor aswell but instead of paying $30 for channels 29 and up I use the money for the rest of the hockey games. I don\'t get TSN but I would rather have mutiple games instead of one.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default TSN

I wouldn\'t know about any of that as I\'m watching the Pens dominate the Sabres on RIS. TSN? Don\'t care for their T.O.-centric appoach to the game...

Dobber Sports Ace

Default TSN

They air it because thats what TSN does, it airs Toronto games to the Toronto area. If you lived in Calgary, it would probably do the same to you there. They do it for ratings and viewers. I personally wouldn\'t be bothered to flick on one of the other games.

Stickign with TSn though, how frekaing bad is Pierre McGuire to listen to? hes a freaking trainwreck, I cannot beleive they dont have anyone better to do these games. He almost makes these games unenjoyable. If the radio wasn\'t 4 or 5 seconds ahead of the picture, problem would be solved.
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne

Dobber Sports Master

Default TSN

Anonymous wrote:
    They air it because thats what TSN does, it airs Toronto games to the Toronto area. If you lived in Calgary, it would probably do the same to you there. They do it for ratings and viewers. I personally wouldn\'t be bothered to flick on one of the other games.

Stickign with TSn though, how frekaing bad is Pierre McGuire to listen to? hes a freaking trainwreck, I cannot beleive they dont have anyone better to do these games. He almost makes these games unenjoyable. If the radio wasn\'t 4 or 5 seconds ahead of the picture, problem would be solved.
    For more McGuire check out the Mcguire fan club in the \"Other\" section.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Guru

Default TSN

i must do my job and protest the mcguire hating... i know its a matter of opinion but i think he\'s the best color guy in broadcast right now

and the reason tsn didn\'t air the flames game dl is that it was PPV... so you can blame the flames or whoever runs those crappy broadcasts

Dobber Sports Master

Default TSN

I was doing my job. McGuire rules!!!
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default TSN

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    and the reason tsn didn\'t air the flames game dl is that it was PPV... so you can blame the flames or whoever runs those crappy broadcasts
    OK so they get a pass on this occasion for not airing the Flames game. There was still another game which would have been a better air rather than the opportunity to watch another Leaf game. But this is not a singular occasion, it happens all the time. TSN would rather air a Leaf game than a good game. I know the 2 are not mutually exclusive but they\'re certainly don\'t occur together on many occasions.

TSN has akways done this and I understand the business reasons for it but it\'s a joke. I remember going to school in Calgary in 1987 and TSN showed a meaningless Leafs game everywhere in the country instead of the Flames v Kings game (the opponent may be incorrect but the premise is dead on)which had playoff ramifications. Now I would understand not showing the game everywhere if they wanted to show a Leaf game but to cancel it in Calgary as well (it wasnt blacked out)?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default TSN

i think the only thing we will all agree on for what tsn airs is when the have the world juniors.

tsn is going after viewers... not the better hockey game. i admit, watching AO or malkin would have been better than the leafs, but thats just the way it is..
    10 Team Yahoo Roto League - H2H, weekly changes - $100 WW budget - 75 remaining
    G,A,+/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, Sv%, SOot

C - Getzlaf, E.Staal
    LW - Parise (RW), Benn
    RW - Giroux (C), Radulov
    D - Striet, Pietrangelo
    Util - Backes, Riberio, Malone
    G - Halak (Elliot), Rinne, Bryz
    Bench - M.Koivu, Kane (C)

Dobber Sports Ace

Default TSN

I just don\'t see why anyone would possibly stick up for mcguire. Are you scared of losing pride? no one will think less of you if you just bow down. He is incredibly over analytical, will repeat everything and beat it down like a dead horse, and despite all of this nothing he says is remotely funny or insightful. I actually cannot bare to listen to all that filth. just for instance tonight he decided he would pick on Tlusty all game, and wouldn\'t let it rest. He blamed the first goal on him alone, he completely thrashed him for a weak hooking call, wouldn\'t let up in insisting he should have expected a 5 on 3 to come if he took a penalty int he offensive zone, and then said Maurice should stop playing him in the third period as if his ice time was due to charity. Its not just that I don\'t agree with him, but its the fact that he owns the hockey universe and makes damn well sure his every opinion is not only known, but is driven home so much that it becomes fact.

Im sorry, but I just cant get it out of my head how people can actually respect his work and anything he says, it is getting under my skin so much that I just can\'t see what anyone sees in him. I can\'t describe how much this bothers me, its like watching someone pay $1000 for the exact same car, when the other is at a dealership directly next to it. I can\'t fathom why this occurs in the least.
    12 team roto with 6 keepers, G A P +/- PIM PPP SOG, W SV% SHO
    C-Crosby Spezza Connolly
    L-Smyth Rolston Malone Sullivan
    R-Hemsky Ryan Ryder Backes Fleischmann Cleary
    D-Phaneuf Rafalski Whitney Pitkanen
    G-Lundqvist Bryzgalov Theodore Rinne