Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Considering taking a shot to get Ray Rice *rep*

Dobber Sports Ace

Just wanted to add that it is a sad roster to takeover as there are no starters at WR or RB two of the most crucial positions where you start multiple players.

Not sure how you draft next year, but picking rookies may be only way to rebuild.

Out of your offensive players only Romo, Palmer, and Janikowski are decent next year.

If everyone team keeps all their players this will take years to rebuild. Better just to have an expansion draft.
    Semi-retired

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb View Post
    Just wanted to add that it is a sad roster to takeover as there are no starters at WR or RB two of the most crucial positions where you start multiple players.

Not sure how you draft next year, but picking rookies may be only way to rebuild.

Out of your offensive players only Romo, Palmer, and Janikowski are decent next year.

If everyone team keeps all their players this will take years to rebuild. Better just to have an expansion draft.
    Ya, for my first keeper league (I have done years of 1 year leauges on Yahoo) this will be a challenge. Not a lot of bargaining chips to work with for trades. I am good with that. From what I can see, we draft rookies so I will try and build my team through the draft.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Deity

Well, I managed to get myself a starting RB after all. Deal just completed this morning.

I acquired McFadden, Mario Williams and his 2013 1st round pick (should be somewhere around 10th overall I figure but thats just a guess. Its a 16 team league and this GM is mid pack right now)

I gave up: JJ Watt, Hillis and my 1st round pick in 2013.

Good chance my pick that I gave up will be 1st overall (I dont think i will win many weeks) but I am happy to get back a 1st rounder in return. I knew I would have to give to get a quality RB and I think I made out pretty good. I am also banking on Mario Williams turning his season around.

My first step to turning this franchise around.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Well, I managed to get myself a starting RB after all. Deal just completed this morning.

I acquired McFadden, Mario Williams and his 2013 1st round pick (should be somewhere around 10th overall I figure but thats just a guess. Its a 16 team league and this GM is mid pack right now)

I gave up: JJ Watt, Hillis and my 1st round pick in 2013.

Good chance my pick that I gave up will be 1st overall (I dont think i will win many weeks) but I am happy to get back a 1st rounder in return. I knew I would have to give to get a quality RB and I think I made out pretty good. I am also banking on Mario Williams turning his season around.

My first step to turning this franchise around.

I think this is a nice haul to start your rebuild. Well done

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    I think this is a nice haul to start your rebuild. Well done
    Thanks mate. I was happy with the deal. Took a bit of back and forth but thats what dealings all about.