View Poll Results: Who wins the Cage Match Goalie Tournament?

Voters
96. This poll is closed
  • Ryan Miller

45 46.88%
  • Carey Price

51 53.13%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [Cage Match Tournament] THE FINAL - #1 Ryan Miller vs. #2 Carey Price

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    Price! Also for all the haters you think Price doesn't deserve to be in the finals..he got here. That says something. Accept that the majority likes Price and remember that one opinion isn't better than another.
    A simple majority - in both sense of the word simple.
    @SmittysRant

Banned

Where is Lundqvist? I don't want to vote for an average goalie like Miller, so give me Price.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Where is Lundqvist? I don't want to vote for an average goalie like Miller, so give me Price.
    According to the criteria, Lundqvist/Quick/Rinne are out of the brackets because they are above the rest. The tournament is for #4.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    This is the only part of your post that got my attention, and it is exactly where we see the world differently.
    Well looking at totals from the 10-11 season, Price has already proved he can put up better numbers in a bad situation than Fleury can in a god one... And even in last season, it was a 2-2 split...

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    It's the final matchup everyone so your votes determine the champion of the inaugural Cage Match Goalie Tournament. Remember to vote based on a one-year league with Wins, Goals Against Average, Save Percentage and Shutouts as scoring categories.
    I've just noticed that you haven't specified whether this is a H2H or Roto league? Given the randomness of shutouts it may not have as much of an effect on our choice, but shutouts themselves are valued quite differently depending on which type of league.

In H2H - they have little value as most weeks that category will likely end up as a tie. Occasionally there will be a winner but it's few and far between.

In Roto - they are far more important as each shutout has a significant effect on the standings given their infrequency.

Assuming I were to consider shutouts as part of my evaluation, if this was a H2H league then I would pretty much ignore it and focus on W, GAA and SV%. If it were a roto league, I would consider all four. If my decision is close between them and a roto league, I might consider shutouts as the deciding factor, which could sway my vote based on my own forecast.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I've just noticed that you haven't specified whether this is a H2H or Roto league? Given the randomness of shutouts it may not have as much of an effect on our choice, but shutouts themselves are valued quite differently depending on which type of league.

In H2H - they have little value as most weeks that category will likely end up as a tie. Occasionally there will be a winner but it's few and far between.

In Roto - they are far more important as each shutout has a significant effect on the standings given their infrequency.

Assuming I were to consider shutouts as part of my evaluation, if this was a H2H league then I would pretty much ignore it and focus on W, GAA and SV%. If it were a roto league, I would consider all four. If my decision is close between them and a roto league, I might consider shutouts as the deciding factor, which could sway my vote based on my own forecast.
    You might distinguish between the two for making your choice but most don't so it was intentionally kept vague. Whatever you decide is your prerogative.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post

Doesn't matter anyway. Poll closed the other day. Miller won.
    @SmittysRant

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Doesn't matter anyway. Poll closed the other day. Miller won.
    Wishful thinking?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Wishful thinking?
    More like denial.
    @SmittysRant