Thread: 10 Fitness Tips for November

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default 10 Fitness Tips for November

My latest:

http://www.anguscertified.com/10-fit...-for-november/

Hope you enjoy! And yes, I realize the irony of posting this right above the beer thread...
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by angus View Post
    My latest:

http://www.anguscertified.com/10-fit...-for-november/

Hope you enjoy! And yes, I realize the irony of posting this right above the beer thread...
    There's no irony, if ever there was a group who could use fitness advice it would be us in the beer thread.

Of course I do regular 16oz curls albeit with only my right arm.
    Your beer mug isn't half-empty, your just half-way to the next refill.....

Dobber Sports Pro

Thanks Jeff!
    Always look forward to this post!
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Angus, thanks brother. I have always exercised to varying degrees, mostly weights. But since I signed up for the Tough Mudder, to be held in the WNY area July, 2013, I have really stepped up my lower body and a cardio workouts.

Also, while I still do some traditional free weight workouts, i have moved to incorporating kettlebell and clubbell workouts. I do far more cross-training within my workouts, and have added a 40lb weight vest to my regimine. Ropes, slam balls, sledge hammer routines help as well.

Since I added the weight vest to my cardio workouts, I have experiencedsignificant weight loss.

As far as diet - beer aside - I don't. My caloric intake mon-fri is composed of 5-6 very small meals throughout the day, composed of primarily fruits, veggies, yogurt and nuts. Protein I get on the weekend, but even that is in moderation.

January, I will prob cut out all alcohol, going into the final stretch of my Mudder prep.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thumbs up Giddy Up!

Bomm, good luck with that Tough Mudder thing, it sounds very tough!

Edit: Oh man, I just watched the video. That is awesome!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Angus, thanks brother. I have always exercised to varying degrees, mostly weights. But since I signed up for the Tough Mudder, to be held in the WNY area July, 2013, I have really stepped up my lower body and a cardio workouts.

Also, while I still do some traditional free weight workouts, i have moved to incorporating kettlebell and clubbell workouts. I do far more cross-training within my workouts, and have added a 40lb weight vest to my regimine. Ropes, slam balls, sledge hammer routines help as well.

Since I added the weight vest to my cardio workouts, I have experiencedsignificant weight loss.

As far as diet - beer aside - I don't. My caloric intake mon-fri is composed of 5-6 very small meals throughout the day, composed of primarily fruits, veggies, yogurt and nuts. Protein I get on the weekend, but even that is in moderation.

January, I will prob cut out all alcohol, going into the final stretch of my Mudder prep.
    You don't need to train that hard for the mudder, my friend. I mean, it definitely doesn go to waste but its much easier than it looks. Complete and utter blast, though!
    10tm Dynasty Lg - $96M CAP
    G A PTS +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV% SO

C: Barkov, Eichel, McDavid
    RW: P. Kane, Okposo
    LW: E. Kane, Couture
    D: Subban, Byfuglien, Faulk, Vatanen, Morgan Reilly
    G: Schneider, Gibson/Andersen
    UTIL: Kuznetsov, Kadri, Little, Stone

Farm
    D: J. Schultz, Sekera, Hanifin, Hamonic
    F: Spooner, Silfverberg, Konecny, Roussell
    G: F. Andersen/Gibson, Mason, Ward, Anderson

Prospect:
    F - D Strome, Burakovsky, Raantanen, Bjorkstrand
    D - Ryan Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by ridinryan44 View Post
    You don't need to train that hard for the mudder, my friend. I mean, it definitely doesn go to waste but its much easier than it looks. Complete and utter blast, though!
    Are you 44 yrs old?

But seriously.....I'm worried more about the endurance aspect of the race. Ten-to-twelve miles is a lot for this cat. I don't want to win it, but nor do I want to be last.

Besides, it's a great excuse to get my ass in better shape. The clubbell and kettlebell exercise have really helped tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Bomm, good luck with that Tough Mudder thing, it sounds very tough!

Edit: Oh man, I just watched the video. That is awesome!
    Thanks, Comish, just my masochistic self rearing it's ugly head.
    Nothing like kicking myself in the teeth from time-to-time....good for the soul.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Pro

I am pretty sure that half of us at least, have a work out routine that is the exact opposite.

Well done Bomm! Good luck!

" You said you don't give a f*ck about hockey. I've never heard anyone say that before."

Dobber Sports Stud

Are you 44 yrs old?

But seriously.....I'm worried more about the endurance aspect of the race. Ten-to-twelve miles is a lot for this cat. I don't want to win it, but nor do I want to be last.

Besides, it's a great excuse to get my ass in better shape. The clubbell and kettlebell exercise have really helped tremendously.
    Thanks for the inspiration, Bomm! I've been trying to get myself to pull the trigger on a mud race down here (though it's only 5K), but have been balking (just turned 43 so you may sympathize with that a bit).
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Hey_Robbie View Post
    Thanks for the inspiration, Bomm! I've been trying to get myself to pull the trigger on a mud race down here (though it's only 5K), but have been balking (just turned 43 so you may sympathize with that a bit).
    I was hesitant at first too, but after thinking about it I was like "WTF...why not?!?"

I'm too old to care about my ego, should I fall flat on my face. And I've been looking for an excuse to beat myself up so.....at least this is constructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross The Boss Palmer View Post
    I am pretty sure that half of us at least, have a work out routine that is the exact opposite.

Well done Bomm! Good luck!
    Thanks, RTBP! I'll need it.
    @SmittysRant