Thread: Massive 3 for 3 REP!!!!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Massive 3 for 3 REP!!!!

Clearly today was a busy day at work if Im posting ANOTHER trade for this league......3rd one in my sig.

My Rivers, Julio and CJ for Brees, Dez, Greene

I know Im giving up a lot at WR and RB....but I mean Brees >>>>>> Rivers.

EDIT: Will the magic "R Word" do the trick?
    Last edited by hockeyrobot; October 24, 2012 at 11:42 PM.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Clearly today was a busy day at work if Im posting ANOTHER trade for this league......3rd one in my sig.

Seems you cant trust Julio to be consistent this year, so I would do this one. Brees is a HUGE upgrade. I own Rivers myself but went another way and picked up Freeman+Weeden. All three of them have pretty nice schedules, and Weeden faces the Chiefs in week 14 + Redskins in week 15.

Hopefully three QBs can get it done for me
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Genius

I would go and make this trade. The upgrade you are getting from Brees more than makes up for Julio and CJ going the other way. Ther might be some weeks where Brees will have more fantasy points than all 3 guys combined.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post

I wouldn't make this trade. Your running backs are weak and swapping out CJ for Greene would make them even worse. Julio and Dez at this point are close but the edge still goes to julio as he has greater potential for a massive game.

Brees is an absolute upgrade over Rivers. But not enough to downgrade your rb's and wr's.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Ahhhhh this last one makes me worried. I'd be trading with the 1st place guy so that worries me as well!

Dobber Sports Initiate

I probably wouldn't do this deal.

Greene is just terrible, so is CJ but he will at least put up a few weeks like last week when he faces D like the bills.

It's RB that usually wins championships and I'm not comfortable with having Sjax and Greene as my weekly starts.

EDIT: If you can get a better option then Greene I'd possibly do this. I admit Brees upgrades your QB's a lot and Dez isn't a huge drop off from Julio(if Dez can stay healthy). See if he'll do Sjax instead of CJ...it seems like STL is easing Sjax out of a workhorse role since he snap % is down

"Backup Daryl Richardson saw 24 snaps. Over the last four games, Jackson is averaging 16.0 touches compared to 10.2 for Richardson. It's a timeshare that isn't going away as the Rams ease the 29-year-old S-Jax out of a workhorse role. "It's been working and we'll continue it," Fisher said of his committee."
    Last edited by jlucas09; October 25, 2012 at 3:48 PM.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yeah he won't take SJax...I already tried that. His other backs are Demarco and Felix so I don't even know who Id want out of the two.

The thing for me is I have the 3rd least amount of points. Brees has literally almost doubled Rivers in my league. And yes Greene is bad but do I sacrifice that because Im getting a guy who will AT LEAST get two TDs a game.
    Last edited by hockeyrobot; October 25, 2012 at 7:29 PM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

This is a close one.

I think that Brees only gets better as the bountygate thing is in the rearview now. It's PPR so Dez might actually be better than Julio for you, since he can't run a pattern correctly past a few yards, he's been getting some shorter stuff across the middle, Austin has been their deep threat the last game I saw.

Shonn Greene blows chunks, but it's not like CJ2K is some sort of fantasy cupcake. If it was 4 weeks ago people would be screaming for you to make this trade. Worth noting that Marmalard will get Vincent Brown back sometime in the next month or so, but I don't think that makes him much more valuable.

What does this other owner have for TE's? The two you own are maddeningly inconsistent and you might be able to polish that turd Finley up in the deal by pointing out the injuries to Jennings and Nelson (ie his targets HAVE to go up!) while knowing stone hands will probably still let you down.

I'd feel really good about Brees over Rivers, your WR corps is a bit shaky, I don't think there's a massive change from CJ2k/SJax/McGahee and Mcgahee/SJax/Greene

Don't forget there's a vulture who emerged in Tenn to steal GL carries from CJ as well. And McGahee has a brilliant schedule the rest of the way so you'll see a spike in his production. His schedule is so good I would handcuff him with HIllman if you can.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft