Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: There goes Farrell...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default There goes Farrell...

Last edited by dmvincent; October 21, 2012 at 1:15 AM.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

More details to come later today.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The biggest loss will be if Butterfield leaves.

**** this team is a mess

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by eyemissgilmour View Post
    I don't understaind the love affair with Farrell. I mean, he's a solid baseball guy, but I just think he needs to prove himself as a manager before he's given this kind of attention. Twitter seems to think it's Lind + Farrell for Avila.
    That's a steal in my mind... just to get rid of Lind's contract.
    I don't get it either, but I do agree with you dumping that salary on Boston is a great move (if true).

Lind hasn't been the same player for a few years now.
    Last edited by dmvincent; October 21, 2012 at 3:42 AM.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bondon View Post
    The biggest loss will be if Butterfield leaves.

**** this team is a mess
    Why would he? He's been there for as long as I can remember.

All of the coaching staff are on one-year deals, could go anywhere. Still, would be surprising to see Butter go.
    Last edited by dmvincent; October 21, 2012 at 2:03 AM.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'm not seeing the logic that AA is trying to use here. He's made a crap load of moves over the past 2 years and the team just isn't any better, they're actually worse! If we could dump Lind and ship Farrell then they'll still just do something like buy an old Wiley veteran when they should go after some studs! We have none and that's what you need to win. Prospects are great but so many come along every year that you can't base your team soley on the hopes that in 5 years all these young guys will become Ryan brauns. You need to buy a Ryan Braun when the chance presents itself!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I mean I paid $90 for home opener tickets, $20 for parking, $11.5 x 6 for beer, $9 for a hotdog! Where the **** is my money going? I got to watch the bluejays bullpen blow up! C'mon man ill love ya til the day I die but you're frustrating the hell outa me!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    Why would he? He's been there for as long as I can remember.

All of the coaching staff are on one-year deals, could go anywhere. Still, would be surprising to see Butter go.
    I dunno, but the article seems to think that is a legitimate possibility

There are suggestions that first base coach Torey Lovullo, third base coach Brian Butterfield and extra coach Luis Rivera may now follow Farrell to Boston. Whether they do or not, the move throws the stability Anthopoulos sought into major flux, as it's reasonable to think the new manager will be given some input on the makeup of his staff.
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Immortal

So is it just Aviles? Or did Lind go too?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    So is it just Aviles? Or did Lind go too?
    Hearing that Lind is going to the Red Sox and Aviles is coming back...though I don't think anything is confirmed just yet. Also hearing that it's very very likely that Lovullo follows Farrell to Boston.

I'm not too hung up on losing Adam Lind...but I would prefer it that he doesn't get dealt to a division rival for gosh sakes in case he does find his swing again.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Hearing that Lind is going to the Red Sox and Aviles is coming back...though I don't think anything is confirmed just yet. Also hearing that it's very very likely that Lovullo follows Farrell to Boston.

I'm not too hung up on losing Adam Lind...but I would prefer it that he doesn't get dealt to a division rival for gosh sakes in case he does find his swing again.
    Speaking of which.. I know this was always mentioned but doesn't Ferrell kind of have the inside scoop on.. You know... The entire Jays roster? I know in this day in age with all of the scouting, other teams probably aren't too far behind... But he definitely msut have an extra edge

Dobber Sports Ninja

Speaking of which.. I know this was always mentioned but doesn't Ferrell kind of have the inside scoop on.. You know... The entire Jays roster? I know in this day in age with all of the scouting, other teams probably aren't too far behind... But he definitely msut have an extra edge
    That's kind of what has me so upset about this. I'm not so concerned about seeing Farrell go, as I questioned his methods repeatedly. However, to have a guy who has spent two years with this club as the manager, as well as a first base coach who has spent this long partially controlling the running game from first base...seems really fishy to me.

If it was to some other team in the league like in the NL or even in another division it would be whatever...but to a division rival?

Dobber Sports Immortal

That's kind of what has me so upset about this. I'm not so concerned about seeing Farrell go, as I questioned his methods repeatedly. However, to have a guy who has spent two years with this club as the manager, as well as a first base coach who has spent this long partially controlling the running game from first base...seems really fishy to me.

If it was to some other team in the league like in the NL or even in another division it would be whatever...but to a division rival?
    Exactly what I've been thinking. And it's more frustrating because I believe the Toronto media has merely touched on that as a topic... But not really delved into it like they should

Dobber Sports Ninja

Exactly what I've been thinking. And it's more frustrating because I believe the Toronto media has merely touched on that as a topic... But not really delved into it like they should
    Well, i'm very interested in what AA has to say about this. From my understanding this is the first time that he has said something and had it completely go 180 on him.

Apparently the club had drafted a rule that we wouldn't allow management personnel to leave for lateral moves (i.e. Manager leave to go manage elsewhere)...so much for that.

Get an extension on Butterfield asap.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Well, i'm very interested in what AA has to say about this. From my understanding this is the first time that he has said something and had it completely go 180 on him.

Apparently the club had drafted a rule that we wouldn't allow management personnel to leave for lateral moves (i.e. Manager leave to go manage elsewhere)...so much for that.

Get an extension on Butterfield asap.
    Yep they made that rule very public last year when using it as their reasoning to not let him go. I wonder if they would have gotten more for him last year? Probably not....