Thread: Dobber football feedback

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Dobber football feedback

First, I love this site and that you are trying to convert what works really good for hockey to football...but...of course there is a but here: Football and hockey is not the same. What works really well for a hockey site, might not be the best solution for football. Please look at this as well intended feedback to make the site even better.

1. Daily ramblings: On the hockey site these really are mostly daily ramblings. There are a bunch of matches almost every night and lots of news to discuss. Here at the football part of the network the ramblings seem to be mostly weekly articles. The worst part of this is that these "articles" end up getting buried as daily ramblings.

2. The NFL season is SHORT and the starting lineups are much smaller than in hockey. It is much more clear cut who has value in the nfl than nhl. Where the nhl is a looong season with time for statistics to even out, the nfl season is brutally short and an injury to a rb can turn a noboby into a superstar over night.

So, what am I trying to say here...I am under the impression that alot of articles are written early in the week but are being "saved" to use as ramblings on a specific day later that week. Information is key and time is everything....I would much rather have these released as articles straight away than as ramblings two days after I needed them.

I understand that you want people to return daily, but I would check in more often knowing that an article that helps me could pop up at any given time. Now I already know that on a friday the "only" thing I'm gonna find are ramblings about keeper league tactics etc. I would much rather have four good articles that helps me on a tuesday (before we make our waiver wire picks), than a steady stream throughout the week.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Pro

I agree 100%. Huge fan of dobberhockey.com because of the help if offers-- this site hasn't really shown me much content that's relevant to helping me WIN. That's not to say I don't like it-- I love it, I peruse the boards every day-- but there clearly is not much traffic here, and I haven't learned anything I didn't already know from watching the games.

Getting an edge on your opponents is the main purpose of reading about fantasy, when it comes down to it. Most of the content here is outdated/irrelevant to those who are truly experienced in fantasy football. Most of it is common-knowledge.

Maybe it would be a good idea to get more writers on the site-- people who are able to give information that is a little more privileged, sneaky, and thought-provoking... sometimes the articles here seem a bit too bloggish and it's like they are written just for the sake of writing something.

After all, fantasy football is a big industry; there's a lot of very very valuable content on the web, and in order to generate more traffic to this site, the content needs to be able to compete with the other fantasy sites out there. It's getting a little stale seeing the same 10-15 posters in the forum every time.

Dobber Sports Initiate

the fact that todays ramblings (or any other part of the site) doesnt even mention last nights game shows exactly what I think is wrong.
    14 Team Dynasty League

Scoring

IR:

Dobber Sports Veteran

DH has had several years to perfect the formula but this is DF's first year. It takes time to develop a community. There aren't as many writers to write up articles right now as there may be in 3 years. I do agree that the ramblings shouldn't include articles but over time the site should evolve and become better. I think the ramblings should focus on daily news and updates in football as well as analysis of recent player performances. The best thing you can do to help guide the growth of the dobberfootball community by being active on the boards to help attract more people.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Initiate

yeah I agree, and that's why I made this post. I really like the writers they have brought in and enjoy most of the content, but the ramblings are not what (I think) they are suppose to be, and there is not enough focus on the fact that fantasy football uses a weekly waiver period.
    14 Team Dynasty League

Scoring

IR: