Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Harding and Markstrom

Dobber Sports Prodigy

This is the first year. Maybe he really enjoys the rebuilding process. Some guys really like to have a team that's young enough to compete in the World Juniors. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    That's crazy - is the guy doing a major rebuild or something?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by scimo View Post
    This is the first year. Maybe he really enjoys the rebuilding process. Some guys really like to have a team that's young enough to compete in the World Juniors. :-)
    Yea some guys just want to build there teams around prospects and have a supposed super team in like 10 years... half the time it doesn't work, 49% of the owner quits before they see the rebuild through, and the other 1% of the time it works

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I still like Markstrom and feel he is going to be a pure STUD.. The NHL needs to end this damn lockout so we can see our players shine..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    That's crazy - is the guy doing a major rebuild or something?
    If he's not in a rebuild right now he will be soon.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by scimo View Post
    Scimo is right; this was the strangest draft I have ever seen. In a 16team $$ Keeper league with goalies making up 10% of the roster spots competing for 33% of the stats the draft went anything except as planned. Typically all starting goalies are gone by mid-late 2nd round and goalies hung around forever! I am also in that pool and took B2B goalies to start the draft. With the depth of forwards being depleted so quickly i had to continue taking starting goalies with my picks to avoid teams being loaded with high end forwards stealing guys like Luongo and Kipper in the 7th or 8th round.
    (16)Ryan Miller(Buf - G)
    (17)Carey Price(Mon - G)
    (48)Ryan Getzlaf(Anh - F)
    (49)Roberto Luongo(Van - G)
    (80)Miikka Kiprusoff(Cgy - G)
    To be honest if it was almost impossible not taking Hiller/Anderson/Varlamov when they were all still there in the 6th round. There are several teams that dont even have 1 legitimate starting goalie.... and yes Markstrom went before all 3 of these guys.
    Last edited by Johner; October 16, 2012 at 8:15 PM.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by Johner View Post
    Scimo is right; this was the strangest draft I have ever seen. In a 16team $$ Keeper league with goalies making up 10% of the roster spots competing for 33% of the stats the draft went anything except as planned. Typically all starting goalies are gone by mid-late 2nd round and goalies hung around forever! I am also in that pool and took B2B goalies to start the draft. With the depth of forwards being depleted so quickly i had to continue taking starting goalies with my picks to avoid teams being loaded with high end forwards stealing guys like Luongo and Kipper in the 7th or 8th round.
    (16)Ryan Miller(Buf - G)
    (17)Carey Price(Mon - G)
    (48)Ryan Getzlaf(Anh - F)
    (49)Roberto Luongo(Van - G)
    (80)Miikka Kiprusoff(Cgy - G)
    To be honest if it was almost impossible not taking Hiller/Anderson/Varlamov when they were all still there in the 6th round. There are several teams that dont even have 1 legitimate starting goalie.... and yes Markstrom went before all 3 of these guys.
    I think your strategy will pay off Johner. I don't blame you drafting all these goalies at your spot that you are drafting. Sooner or later guys will realize they need at least a decent goalie to compete LOL! It's not like the rest of your team is completely shot either, you do have very decent players, just not the absolute impact type guys. I couldn't believe my eyes when I drafted Varly, I wanted to pick a D at that spot but I couldn't resist to click on his name instead.

Dobber Sports Recruit

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I still like Markstrom and feel he is going to be a pure STUD.. The NHL needs to end this damn lockout so we can see our players shine..
    Could not agree more, would like to see more durability then shown because I think he has opportunity here,as for Harding,I think he is decent but gut tells me that Hackett is the guy.