Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Thread: "Official" NHL13 Game Thread

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Finally gave in and picked it up on Friday....still sitting in my car waiting to be opened and played but Im starting tonight for sure.

Thinking a franchise with either Buffalo, Carolina or Long Island....thoughts?
    I hate Buffalo (not really as a team, just don't like any of their players), but I seriously contemplated going with Carolina or Long Island.

My issues with Carolina - E Staal @ $8.7M, J Staal @ $6M, and Semin at $7M... and none of them are rated that good (I think E staal is an 86, J Staal 84, Semin 84). Just not worth the caphits. And beyond that all that's really left is Ward, Skinner, and McBain (who gets really good in this game).

My issues with NYI - Tavares is like the only good player. The next best is like Okposo who's an 82? And none of their prospects turn out great except for Reinhart.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Well with that expert knowledge who did you go with? Edmonton?

Well with that expert knowledge who did you go with? Edmonton?
    I went with Edmonton, but I'm an Oil fan.

I almost went with the Kings but it pissed me off that Richards was rated higher than Kopitar and that Gagne was an 85 (equivalent to Kopitar). It bugged me enough that I realized I'd have to trade away all those players for me to do that team haha.

Two other teams I considered were Blues and Hawks.

Pittsburgh is a sick team, but I didn't want a team that was that good out of the gates... just so stacked (same goes with the Rangers and Vancouver).

If/when I start another BAGM, I'll probably go Jets or Blues (or do a fantasy draft).

Dobber Sports Immortal

I always try to pick a team with some young talent and up and coming players. Last year was Edmonton....the year before was Tampa...then St.Louis etc etc.

This actually might the year where I finally go with the Wings and rebuild a dynasty. Hmmmmmm

I always try to pick a team with some young talent and up and coming players. Last year was Edmonton....the year before was Tampa...then St.Louis etc etc.

This actually might the year where I finally go with the Wings and rebuild a dynasty. Hmmmmmm
    Thing is so many of the prospect/player ratings are so messed. Like MIN has one of best prospect pools in the league... Granlund, Coyle, Brodin, etc... none of them become anything better than depth NHLers at best. Same goes for Florida... aside from Huberdeau, don't think any of them become significant.

Hell, even with the Oil, Yakupov takes until mid-late 20's to hit 80+ (I edited him and a few other players such as Mackinnon, otherwise he wouldn't even crack my roster).

And to top it off, players you can get at the top end of the draft turn out better than any existing players/prospects.

Baertschi and Huberdeau are pretty much the best prospects in the game (as for existing prospects).

Dobber Sports Immortal

I basically just neveer like going with stacked teams because if Im going to do multiple seasons....I usually get pretty damn good. I like competition.

Which makes me wonder why the frig I rarely play online.....

I basically just neveer like going with stacked teams because if Im going to do multiple seasons....I usually get pretty damn good. I like competition.

Which makes me wonder why the frig I rarely play online.....
    Yea, that's why I never go with Pittsburgh, etc.

Start up a GM Connected! Are you on PS3?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post

Negative.....

Dobber Sports Giant

this game is way too easy to score goals in. the goalies make bigger saves but let too many far out wristers in.doesnt matter the skill level set. the team gets harder to play against but the goalies are terrible. shooting percentages are through the roof.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    this game is way too easy to score goals in. the goalies make bigger saves but let too many far out wristers in.doesnt matter the skill level set. the team gets harder to play against but the goalies are terrible. shooting percentages are through the roof.
    Yep my first game last night saw me score with two far wristers....but then I got robbed by the lightning quick cross crease move multiple times.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Did anyone find a way to have the good player when you removed the goaler with the XBox 360 version? I play BAGM with Colorado and my extra player is Landeskog/Duchesne but when I removed my goaler it send a 4th line player instead... Everytime I said WTF.... You remove the goaler to put your best player not a 4th line player.

Also I found another issue with the line change. I set it to be manual but sometime the line change automatically during the gameplay..... Not necesarelly in the offensive zone so it can create 3 on 1 situation.

Dobber Sports Expert

The computer is a cheater
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

Dobber Sports Pro

Finally gave in and picked it up on Friday....still sitting in my car waiting to be opened and played but Im starting tonight for sure.

Thinking a franchise with either Buffalo, Carolina or Long Island....thoughts?
    St Louis would be a fun one too with the great farm system they have to go along with an incredibly young and talented core already.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    Did anyone find a way to have the good player when you removed the goaler with the XBox 360 version? I play BAGM with Colorado and my extra player is Landeskog/Duchesne but when I removed my goaler it send a 4th line player instead... Everytime I said WTF.... You remove the goaler to put your best player not a 4th line player.

Also I found another issue with the line change. I set it to be manual but sometime the line change automatically during the gameplay..... Not necesarelly in the offensive zone so it can create 3 on 1 situation.
    In the "edit lines" section, make sure "extra attacker" isn't duchene or landeskog (since they're probably already on the ice if you're having this problem) set it to Stastny, or Downie, etc and you should be good to go.

Keepers

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Yea, that's why I never go with Pittsburgh, etc.

I am ("robmyatt" is the handle), and I really think we should set up a Dobber GM Connected League for PS3. I would be more than happy to set it up tonight and send out invites if people submit their usernames.
    Last edited by robmyatt; October 10, 2012 at 10:01 AM. Reason: bad grammar lol

Keepers