Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: "Official" NHL13 Game Thread

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Also, the sim engine drives me a bit crazy...

First season, I wasn't trying to compete but started 26-10-6 and finished 22nd.

Second season, I made some big moves to become more competitive and had a monstrous start (something like 28-10-2) and finished 17th overall (which again, is BS as I previously stated).

Just started my 3rd season last night, going in with the following roster:

Hall (88) - RNH (88) - Yakupov (84)
    Bartschi (85) - Staal (85) - Eberle (85)
    MPS (80) - Dubinsky (84) - Callahan (83)
    Eager (74) - Lander (76) - Aliu (78)

Petry (87) - Whitney (86)
    Leddy (84) - Schultz (84)
    Morissey (83) - Plante (78)

Bernier (83)
    Bunz (81)

Guess what my record so far this season is?

5-4-1... so a worse start than prior years despite improving in goal (Dubnyk -> Bernier) and my young guys receiving a bump in their OV's.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post

Second season, I made some big moves to become more competitive and had a monstrous start (something like 28-10-2) and finished 17th overall (which again, is BS as I previously stated).

Bernier (83)
    Bunz (81)

5-4-1... so a worse start than prior years despite improving in goal (Dubnyk -> Bernier) and my young guys receiving a bump in their OV's.
    Its all those Oilers, they dont know how to win, even in video games.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Bernier (83)
    Bunz (81)

wonder if an improved goalie affects the game results more than a better scoring lineup. The settings your team rolls with also affects results.

Quote Originally Posted by dmvincent View Post
    For faceoffs, I use the strength technique usually. Unless you have a player that is really good at faceoffs, you just wait until the referee moves his arm and get ready to win the draw.

I'm serious when I say this, I think Craig Anderson is the hardest goalie to score on in the game.

The goalies are unreal, but I love it. It makes the game much more interesting and challenging as well.
    I think i'll try that... hopefully I improve. It reallllly changes the game when you dominate the play...
    Last edited by icevenom; October 9, 2012 at 3:39 PM.
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

Quote Originally Posted by DerekReese View Post
    Its all those Oilers, they dont know how to win, even in video games.
    Well that ex-Flame Bartschi certainly isn't helping

Quote Originally Posted by icevenom View Post
    wonder if an improved goalie affects the game results more than a better scoring lineup. The settings your team rolls with also affects results.

I think i'll try that... hopefully I improve. It reallllly changes the game when you dominate the play...
    I did improve my goalie though - Dubnyk was an 80, Bernier is an 83. My offense improved slightly as well, and the only place I downgraded was at D - last year I had 87, 86, 85, 84, 84, 80 and this year I have 87, 86, 84, 84, 82, 78. So over the D-corps I dropped a total of 5 and improved in goal by a total of 3 (5 if you count the backup).

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I figured it out, made by be a pro and started playing in the memorial cup. I'm going to be drafted right after.

I'm in between Sven Baertschi and Ty Rattie with Portland, my guy is built like Claude Giroux.
    "Be yourself; everyone else is already taken."

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

do you guys actually sim the be a gm mode? i find that takes all the fun away. i think in nhl 12 i made it to season 4 playing every single game (excluding ahl games). it sucks that i never get to see my young guys reach their potential, but i find its worth it at the end of the season when you can see all the results that you did, instead of randomly generated by simming.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by praba View Post
    do you guys actually sim the be a gm mode? i find that takes all the fun away. i think in nhl 12 i made it to season 4 playing every single game (excluding ahl games). it sucks that i never get to see my young guys reach their potential, but i find its worth it at the end of the season when you can see all the results that you did, instead of randomly generated by simming.
    Agreed. I never sim.
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Thing is, I want to actually Be a GM - you don't get to see the fruits of your work as a GM if you don't progress through the years.

I usually play most home games against my division rival (Calgary in this case) and then most/if not all of the playoffs.

Dobber Sports Pro

Thing is, I want to actually Be a GM - you don't get to see the fruits of your work as a GM if you don't progress through the years.

I usually play most home games against my division rival (Calgary in this case) and then most/if not all of the playoffs.
    when you're a GM, do you play as all the players too?
    http://twitter.com/robsintheshed

12 Team - H2H Keeper League - 25 Players - 13 Keepers
    (G, A, P, +/-, Hits, PPP, SOG, W, GAA, SV%)
    Keepers
    C: Tavares, Benn,
    LW: Galchenyuk, Landeskog, .
    RW: Pominville, Little, Oshie, Yakupov
    D: Subban, Vatanen, Fowler
    G: Price, Bishop

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Well that ex-Flame Bartschi certainly isn't helping

I did improve my goalie though - Dubnyk was an 80, Bernier is an 83. My offense improved slightly as well, and the only place I downgraded was at D - last year I had 87, 86, 85, 84, 84, 80 and this year I have 87, 86, 84, 84, 82, 78. So over the D-corps I dropped a total of 5 and improved in goal by a total of 3 (5 if you count the backup).
    I hear ya, but I mean like 90~ range goalie. I noticed on older games if a goalie was ranked under 85 they were that much easier to score on (head to head). Not sure what the game uses to calculate sim'd.

I think the game also distributes minutes to your top 4 D more than bottom 6 guys... is that the case? can you see TOI?

Try fiddling w/ your coaching strategies to match the player types. I.e. PWF lines crash the net... SNP overload... etc.
    Keep4+rookie under 150gp (14 teams): G,A,+/-,PIM,SHP,PPP,GWG,SOG,FW, W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO [Keepers: E Staal, Parise, Backes, Malkin, (R) Desharnais]

- Some people are like slinkies, they don't seem to have a purpose but bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs... -

Quote Originally Posted by robmyatt View Post
    when you're a GM, do you play as all the players too?
    Not sure what you're asking - I play a few games during the season and all the playoffs and it functions the same way as a regular game against the CPU (ie: switch players, not player lock).

Quote Originally Posted by icevenom View Post
    I hear ya, but I mean like 90~ range goalie. I noticed on older games if a goalie was ranked under 85 they were that much easier to score on (head to head). Not sure what the game uses to calculate sim'd.

I think the game also distributes minutes to your top 4 D more than bottom 6 guys... is that the case? can you see TOI?

Try fiddling w/ your coaching strategies to match the player types. I.e. PWF lines crash the net... SNP overload... etc.
    Yea, I've fiddled with the coaching strategies and stuff.

As far as ~90 range goalie, I tried soooo hard to get one. Pretty much destroyed my GM rep trying to get Price or Lundy.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

i was playing HUT until now, i just started be a gm mode. i had markstrom as my starter, and barely won 4-3 in my first game of the season. i got pissed off because i never let in more than 1/2 goals max against the cpu, so i went and traded for fleury.

i gave up faksa + 2nd 2013 to land him...wtf? please tell me the trading isnt that terrible in this game.

i was playing HUT until now, i just started be a gm mode. i had markstrom as my starter, and barely won 4-3 in my first game of the season. i got pissed off because i never let in more than 1/2 goals max against the cpu, so i went and traded for fleury.

i gave up faksa + 2nd 2013 to land him...wtf? please tell me the trading isnt that terrible in this game.
    Fleury isn't rated that high in 13 - he's only like an 85 and with little/no potential to get better.

On the other hand I offered Dubnyk + Klefbom + Green + 2nd for Price and got declined.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Finally gave in and picked it up on Friday....still sitting in my car waiting to be opened and played but Im starting tonight for sure.

Thinking a franchise with either Buffalo, Carolina or Long Island....thoughts?