Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: 2012/13 DobberHockey Entry Adams Division League Chat

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Damn hf, that's a BIG lead.
    Can't believe you could pull this off with an auto-drafted team!!! Im-pressive!
    I'm the king of autodrafts.

Seriously, I've been quite fortunate on some of the players that fell to me, have produced and are still healthy for now. Kunitz going apeshit, likely the best foursome at centre who are really producing (Tavares, Staal, Getzlaf, Bergeron), a few strategic trades to improve balance (acquiring Burrows, Hartnell and Callahan in separate trades) and half decent needs-based depth pickups especially for my crappy D have kept me in relative control.

But...the season is long from over. A few slumps and an injury or two could change things quite quickly.

The Wolverine

Just a quick update to mention that the gap between myself and RikkiTikki has now shrunk to 6 points (118-112), thanks to a 7 point swing last night. Should be an interesting final few weeks.

The Wolverine

Standings after 10 weeks [Last update on Mar 14 POS & Pts] (with top 6 rounds of draft picks):

1-119pts [1-121pts] Nosferatootoo (Tavares, Bryzgalov, E.Staal, Iginla, Marleau, Getzlaf)
    2-107pts [2-104pts] RikkiTikki (Ovechkin, Price, Niemi, Lucic, Toews, Gaborik)
    3-104.5pts [3-98.5pts] HOSERS (Neal, Fleury, Lindback, Seguin, Hossa, Datsyuk)
    4-92.0pts [5-91.0pts] The Flying Elbows (Crosby, Hiller, H.Sedin, P.Kane, Crawford, Keith)
    5-90.0pts [4-94.5pts] PsykoPucKiller (Stamkos, Smith, Luongo, Brown, Subban, Boyle)
    6-88.0pts [7-81.0pts] Nordiques (Rask, Howard, Byfuglien, Benn, J.Staal, Lupul)
    7-79.0pts [10-74.0pts] Vozzy81 (D.Sedin, Parise, Kessel, Nash, B.Richards, Skinner)
    8-78.0pts [9-76.5pts] Prkal8r (Miller, Schneider, Weber, Backstrom-Wsh, Couture, Doughty)
    9-74.0pts [6-84.0pts] Cyber Tuna (Lundqvist, Holtby, Chara, Eberle, Hall, Carter)
    10-73.5pts [8-80.0pts] Pad My Stats (Perry, Ward, Varlamov, Backes, E.Kane, Green)
    11-71.5pts [12-70.5pts] Roll Of The Dice (Rinne, Kovalchuk, Kopitar, Brodeur, St.Louis, Thornton)
    12-68.0pts [11-72.5pts] Great Whites (Malkin, Kiprusoff, Anderson, Sharp, Phaneuf, Callahan)
    13-67.5pts [13-68.5pts] Miami Blades (Giroux, Lehtonen, Letang, Zetterberg, Pietrangelo, Eriksson)
    14-60.0pts [14-50.5pts] The Spezzaghetis (Quick, Backstrom-Min, Spezza, Landeskog, Edler, Suter)
    15-28.0pts [15-33.5pts] Maters Taters (Karlsson, Halak, Hartnell, Ryan, Dubnyk, M.Richards)

The Wolverine

Brief update of the top five because I'm lazy:

Nosferatootoo 125.5
    RikkiTikki 108.5
    HOSERS 99
    The Flying Elbows 98.5
    PsykoPucKiller 92.5

The Wolverine

It's a two horse race:

Nosferatootoo 121.5
    RikkiTikki 112.5

I still have a small buffer looking at the categories but need my core to remain steady as I can't afford big slumps now. Getzlaf - I need you back asap.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    It's a two horse race:

Nosferatootoo 121.5
    RikkiTikki 112.5

I still have a small buffer looking at the categories but need my core to remain steady as I can't afford big slumps now. Getzlaf - I need you back asap.
    That's incredible that you have two teams that far above 100pts.
    The Smythe has one team above 100pts.
    I think the only time this year we had two teams above 100pts, they had maybe 104 & 102pts.

You guys dominated the rest of the league!

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    That's incredible that you have two teams that far above 100pts.
    The Smythe has one team above 100pts.
    I think the only time this year we had two teams above 100pts, they had maybe 104 & 102pts.

You guys dominated the rest of the league!
    Yeah there are a few solid teams below us but there are some who are really struggling, and I think for the most part mailed it in weeks ago. So, there's quite a spread from top to bottom.

The lead is still the same as yesterday (same score).

I made four pickups:

Matthias (insurance with Bergeron down, though thankfully Getzlaf is back so may not need him since I have a couple C/L players and winger depth)
    Brennan (hopefully gives me a small offensive boost given my peripheral heavy D, which is more important now - A/PPP is tight amongst a few)
    Galiardi (solid lately across the board - 4 games so in the lineup next week)
    Giguere (as my #3 for the final weekend mainly due to B2B, and glad I got him now given Varlamov's injury)

Small moves that might give me small gains, but any boost would be helpful at this stage.

The Wolverine

Just noticed something interesting (for me at least) with my lineup for next week.

Out of my 8 wingers that will start, only 2 were on my team from the start of the season

L: Hartnell (trade), Burrows (trade), Anisimov (FA), Galiardi (FA)
    R: Iginla (own from start), Callahan (trade), Vrbata (own from start), Havlat (FA)

Others owned/previously owned:

Marleau is in my C slot (owned him from start), Kunitz (first time benching), Moulson (traded), Ryder (traded), and Horton (traded).

The Wolverine

Just under two weeks to go, and I've increased my lead slightly. Still not relaxed given some close categories so pushing on until the end.

Nosferatootoo 125
    RikkiTikki 112

Shame Anisimov is hurt but hopefully Bergeron returns this week so I can start him for the final full week.

The Wolverine

I just want to thank Hartnell for showing up last night, finally. Your production (3 0 1 2 2 3 1) is very much appreciated.

The Wolverine

With one week to go, not too much has changed, which is good news for me:

Nosferatootoo 126
    RikkiTikki 111.5

3rd-7th 98-87

Not much activity - of the four waiver pickups, three were by me: McGinn, Clitsome and Backlund. The other was Rosehill.

I'm in a strong position when digging into the categories as well, especially after a couple strong nights this week. I can still lose a bit of ground but I think a lot has to go right for RikkiTikki and other managers passing me in a few cats to make it close. Fingers crossed what I've done will be enough.

The Wolverine

Pretty much confirmed now:

Nosferatootoo 124.5
    RikkiTikki 106.5

As it's been quiet lately I guess nobody was bothered about a certain D on the wire, so I managed to claim him.

Welcome, Karlsson. Hope you get to play over the weekend.
    Last edited by horrorfan; April 25, 2013 at 3:26 AM.

The Wolverine

It's official - I'll be up to the Pros next season.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    It's official - I'll be up to the Pros next season.
    Congrats! Nosferatootoo and 2toRuutu2toTootooToo both advance to the pros, that's way to much success for the Inuktitut-based humor teams.
    20-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 3D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 2 on farm

F: Kucherov, Scheifele, Eichel, Tarasenko, Rakell, Schwartz, Dadonov
    D: Doughty, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Keith
    G: Hellebuyck
    Farm: Tolvanen, Kaprizov

16-Team Keeper League
    PTS: G=1, A=1, W=2, SO=3
    Starting roster: 6F, 4D, 1G, *Keep 12 + 4 on farm
    F: P Kane, Kessel, Pastrnak, Keller, Marchessault, B Schenn, Fiala, Kase,
    D: Weber, Karlsson, Pietrangelo, Parayko
    G: Rask
    Farm: Kravtsov, A Boqvist, Necas, I Samsonov

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by ccsitdown View Post
    Congrats! Nosferatootoo and 2toRuutu2toTootooToo both advance to the pros, that's way to much success for the Inuktitut-based humor teams.
    Thanks. Would be hilarious if we ended up using the same player again next season.