Thread: Trying to acquire Brees

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Trying to acquire Brees

12 team, 1 PPR

No negatives, 0.25 per completion, all TD's are 6, and 10 point bonus at 100 yards receiving or 300 yards passing.

My team:
    QB - Roethlisberger
    WR - Cruz
    WR - Marshall
    WR - Brown (PIT)
    RB - McCoy
    RB - McFadden
    TE - Pettigrew
    Flex - Forte
    K - Hartley
    DEF - Ravens
    D - Lewis
    D - Ayers
    D - Weatherspoon
    D - need to fill on sunday

BN - LeShoure
    BN - Decker
    BN - Britt
    BN - Rivers
    BN - Daniels (Need to fill in this week for Pettigrew)

So far this year my weakest point has been QB. Rivers has been awful, and the 1 awesome week Big Ben had I had him on the bench lol. someone like Brees is a lock for 30+ points every week in this league, and always has been, given Big Bens potenital for injury and Rivers general crappiness and that I have depth, I'd like to make a pitch for Brees, who is on hte block.

The guy needs RB's.... BAD (His best is BJGE who is awful in this format)

I was thinking:

Big Ben, Brown, Forte

for

Brees, Fitzgerald.

Fair or do I need to add more? I feel like this gives him a moderate dowgrade at QB, a significant upgrade at RB and a slight downgrade in WR. Thoughts? Rep distributed as per usual
    12 Team H2H Yahoo Keeper (Year 6)
    Champion 2008-09, 2009-10 & 2010-11, Runner-up 2010-11
    Keep 5 (4 Skaters, 1 Goalie)

G | A | PTS | PPP | +/- | SOG | HIT | W | SV | SV% | GAA | SO

C - Stamkos, Malkin,
    LW - Ovechkin
    RW - Perry
    D -
    Util -
    G - Lundqvist

Dobber Sports Initiate

not really sure that you have the depth to trade away a RB? I'm guessing your plan is to plug in Decker, Britt or Leshoure as your flex but wouldnt that be just as much of a downgrade from Forte as Brees+Fitz is an upgrade?

Dont trade just to trade...offer him Ben+LeShoure+Brown (or Decker if he prefers) for Brees and keep those other pieces out of it.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    not really sure that you have the depth to trade away a RB? I'm guessing your plan is to plug in Decker, Britt or Leshoure as your flex but wouldnt that be just as much of a downgrade from Forte as Brees+Fitz is an upgrade?

Dont trade just to trade...offer him Ben+LeShoure+Brown (or Decker if he prefers) for Brees and keep those other pieces out of it.

I prefer the option in the original post. I disagree that the downgrade from Forte--Decker is the same as the upgrade of Ben+Brown---Brees+Fitz. That is a HUGE upgrade. Huge. I'd like to keep Forte on my team if possible (insane value on a flex play), but you're sitting pretty with McFadden and McCoy. That's 2 top 10 RBs in a 12 team league, which probably makes you the strongest in the league at RB. Taking into account that you have Forte as well, I feel like you are in a prime position to trade a running back.
    Like you said, he needs RBs, so he won't trade Brees if the only running back he gets is Leshoure. Ben has had his best games of the season. Anyone that thinks he'll perform like that all season is crazy. Brees could easily be the #1 QB this season, and #2 at worst. I like Decker in a ppr so he is a good flex play. I think you should offer the trade, but I doubt it gets accepted.
    Last edited by rtstr; October 3, 2012 at 11:21 PM.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Trahey View Post
    12 team, 1 PPR

No negatives, 0.25 per completion, all TD's are 6, and 10 point bonus at 100 yards receiving or 300 yards passing.

My team:
    QB - Roethlisberger
    WR - Cruz
    WR - Marshall
    WR - Brown (PIT)
    RB - McCoy
    RB - McFadden
    TE - Pettigrew
    Flex - Forte
    K - Hartley
    DEF - Ravens
    D - Lewis
    D - Ayers
    D - Weatherspoon
    D - need to fill on sunday

BN - LeShoure
    BN - Decker
    BN - Britt
    BN - Rivers
    BN - Daniels (Need to fill in this week for Pettigrew)

So far this year my weakest point has been QB. Rivers has been awful, and the 1 awesome week Big Ben had I had him on the bench lol. someone like Brees is a lock for 30+ points every week in this league, and always has been, given Big Bens potenital for injury and Rivers general crappiness and that I have depth, I'd like to make a pitch for Brees, who is on hte block.

The guy needs RB's.... BAD (His best is BJGE who is awful in this format)

I was thinking:

Big Ben, Brown, Forte

for

Brees, Fitzgerald.

Fair or do I need to add more? I feel like this gives him a moderate dowgrade at QB, a significant upgrade at RB and a slight downgrade in WR. Thoughts? Rep distributed as per usual

How on earth did you manage to get this team in a 12teamer!?! I have never seen anything like this.......I think you'd be giving up too much to acquire Brees. Maybe it's just me but I really like Ben as a top 10 qb this year. I would stay put and enjoy your championship run.....unless someone has rice, foster and Calvin on their team

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by rtstr View Post
    I prefer the option in the original post. I disagree that the downgrade from Forte--Decker is the same as the upgrade of Ben+Brown---Brees+Fitz. That is a HUGE upgrade. Huge. I'd like to keep Forte on my team if possible (insane value on a flex play), but you're sitting pretty with McFadden and McCoy. That's 2 top 10 RBs in a 12 team league, which probably makes you the strongest in the league at RB. Taking into account that you have Forte as well, I feel like you are in a prime position to trade a running back.
    Like you said, he needs RBs, so he won't trade Brees if the only running back he gets is Leshoure. Ben has had his best games of the season. Anyone that thinks he'll perform like that all season is crazy. Brees could easily be the #1 QB this season, and #2 at worst. I like Decker in a ppr so he is a good flex play. I think you should offer the trade, but I doubt it gets accepted.
    how on earth can you prefer

Big Ben, Brown, Forte for Brees, Fitzgerald.

over
    Big Ben, Brown, Leshoure for Brees? Are you the guy he is trading with?

To be a bit more serious that second trade lets him use Decker/Britt in the spot Brown had before (no loss there) and lets him keep Forte. THAT is how you trade. Use your depth and strengthen your starting lineup.

If the other guy wont take that trade this team is still more than good enough anyways. Look for a trade with someone else. KEEP FORTE!
    14 Team Dynasty League

Scoring

IR:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks for the input fellas, so how about we take Forte/Fitz out of the equation:

Do you think this could fly?

Ben, Brown/Decker and Leshoure for Brees?

I'm still a believer in Leshoure, especially in PPR leagues
    12 Team H2H Yahoo Keeper (Year 6)
    Champion 2008-09, 2009-10 & 2010-11, Runner-up 2010-11
    Keep 5 (4 Skaters, 1 Goalie)

G | A | PTS | PPP | +/- | SOG | HIT | W | SV | SV% | GAA | SO

C - Stamkos, Malkin,
    LW - Ovechkin
    RW - Perry
    D -
    Util -
    G - Lundqvist

Dobber Sports Initiate

Jahvid Best is most likely just around the corner and he's a better receiver than Leshoure. Your team is good the way it is, so dont weaken your starting lineup when you've got valuables on the bench that you can trade.

Ben+Brown/Decker+Leshoure should definitely be enough for Brees. He's the one that is need of a RB...
    Last edited by ynotzz; October 4, 2012 at 9:53 AM.
    14 Team Dynasty League

Scoring

IR:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    how on earth can you prefer

Big Ben, Brown, Forte for Brees, Fitzgerald.

over
    Big Ben, Brown, Leshoure for Brees? Are you the guy he is trading with?

To be a bit more serious that second trade lets him use Decker/Britt in the spot Brown had before (no loss there) and lets him keep Forte. THAT is how you trade. Use your depth and strengthen your starting lineup.

If the other guy wont take that trade this team is still more than good enough anyways. Look for a trade with someone else. KEEP FORTE!
    I think you are missing something that rtstr took into account that you didn't: the scoring categories.

Starting Roster after trade from original post:

Brees
    Fitz
    Cruz
    Marshall
    McFadden
    McCoy
    Pettigrew
    Decker

Starting Roster after ynotzz's proposal:

Brees
    Cruz
    Marshall
    Decker
    McFadden
    McCoy
    Pettigrew
    Forte

SO, unless I'm seeing this incorrectly, the difference between those 2 trades is basically a minor trade of: Forte for Fitzgerald.

Taking into account the fact that WRs get a 10 POINT BONUS (that's HUGE) for 100 yard games, I DEFINITELY want the trade in the original post. Forte is already having injury problems. Obviously as an RB he won't ever get that 10 pt bonus.
    All Fitz has to do is get 100 yards 3 times in the remaining 12 games (he will do that with ease) and it equates to another 5 TDs on the year. If he does it 6 times (easily could), then for Forte to have that same boost, you would have to add TEN touchdowns to what he puts up.

I agree with rtstr. The original option is the best, by a significant margin.

Scoring cats are everything in fantasy football, folks. THAT'S how you trade.

Trahey-- I think it would be very very silly to take Fitz out of the equation. If you have a QB who is guaranteed to throw for 300 yards each game, 2 of the best backs in the league, and 3 WRs who will regularly eclipse 100yds, I have to think your team is impossible to beat.

Do the trade in your original post.

Dobber Sports Initiate

totally missed the 100 yards receiving only. Figured it was for both receiving and rushing.
    14 Team Dynasty League

Scoring

IR:

Dobber Sports Pro

bingo Aldo. All about scoring categories. Like I said, I like the trade in the original post, it improves your team immensely, but I doubt it gets accepted.