Thread: 2 offers being considered...

Dobber Sports Guru

Default 2 offers being considered...

We used an auction ($200) to start. Those values are then connected to players for life (or until released). Next year, we'll get to keep 8 (any positions) at their value, then auction to fill squads with remaining $ (so if I keep 8 and they total 180, I only get $20 next year at the auction to get 8 more players).

We dress 1QB, 2WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1DEF, 1K, 1Flex (RB, WR, TE)

Here are two offers I'm thinking 'bout:
    Brady ($57)+Nicks ($26)
    for
    Stafford ($61)+ Kendall Wright ($1)

Rationale for considering: Nicks is overpriced, and Brady is older than Stafford

or

Brady+Nicks+Barden ($5)
    for
    Vick ($30)+Crabtree($7)+Torrey Smith($8)

Rationale: Brady might be better than Vick, but those two WRs are great value.

Thoughts?
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Dobber Sports Guru

Nobody? Thoughts?

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Dobber Sports Initiate

1. Have you given up on winning this year?

2. Need to see your full roster etc.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Guru

Haven't given up on winning -- I'm not sure either deal costs me the season.
    I don't know that I'm a favorite either though.

14 team league

Brady
    Gabbert

Nicks
    Nelson
    Barden
    Bess
    TY Hilton

Foster
    Morris
    Benson
    Best
    D. Thomas
    D. Richardson

J. Cook

Henery

Philly

Dobber Sports Initiate

you're definitely in trouble with your WRs, but I dont think those trades will help you much. It is definitely selling low on Nicks...Brady+Barden should be enough to land you Vick+Crabtree, but I'm not sure I would do it.

I would much rather work the waiver wire here and find a WR with better potential there. Is Vincent Brown available? Not saying he's a stud, but the San Diego WR's have dissapointed so far, so he might be given responsibility when he returns. Brandon Stokley? Travis Benjamin?

See if you can sell high on Morris and get a decent RB + a WR? Morris + Barden could fetch you a decent rb and wr.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Off the bat I'll say that I think you lose both of those deals and I wouldn't do them at all. I would not want Vick as my QB in a keeper league. Too much uncertainty. It'll be tough to get Torrey Smith, but if you can get him without giving up any studs that would be great. If you can sell high on Barden, do it for sure. He's not very valuable, and as we saw last game, Hixon is the appropriate handcuff for Nicks.

Brady>Stafford, Nicks>>Wright. That's not even close, and for it to make sense you'd need to have someone real solid to use that money on. We will get to that next.

Need to know a few things to properly analyze this.

Most notably-- what kind of players are going to be available in the auction next year?

If each team keeps 8, then that means they are (most likely) going to keep 1 QB, 3RB, 3WR and 1TE. I'm sure some people will end up keeping younger guys over their current starting WR3 or RB3. In this pass-heavy era, I could also see some people keeping 4WRs and 2RBs if they don't have good RB depth. Taking that into account, at least the top 40 WRs will be unavailable in your auction draft next year-- most likely more. The RB pool will be particularly scarce as well. Seems to me that you won't be able to get anyone that can step in as a solid starter. If you move Nicks, you need a top guy in return.

So even by shedding some money by moving Nicks, the people you can use that money on won't even compare to him. I don't think it's worth it at all, especially since the players you get back are significantly worse. Your WRs are pretty weak so it's tough to trade your top one just to save money.

The only way I would move Nicks is to a team that's stacked at RB. I would be doing everything I can to pry T. Richardson from his owner before he emerges as a star-- he looks like he's going to be a top 5 back for sure. Hopefully that guy is weak at WR. I would try and trade him Nicks+Morris for T Rich and some throw-in. If he's smart he won't trade Richardson, but I sure as heck would try.

Brady might be getting older but he is still a top 3 QB and will be for a few more seasons. I wouldn't trade him for Stafford, regardless of the age difference.

EDIT: btw your best trading piece is Morris. I would be selling real high on him. Benson, too.
    Last edited by AldoWeldon; October 3, 2012 at 10:24 AM.

Dobber Sports Guru

Problem with Benson and Morris are that I got them for $1 each. They're worth dealing, but they're worth MUCH more as keepers -- assuming they finish with any strength. Anybody that would replace them, I'd be stuck dropping because they'd probably cost too much.

Richardson won't be touched. The owner knows his value.

You're right, the auction won't offer a lot, but I'll have the chance to nab the new rookie class and anybody dropped. Fact is, I just overpayed for Nicks. I also feel I overpayed for Brady. Keeping those two + Foster is going to be $146. Add Nelson, and I'm over $170. That leaves me $30 to get another 12 players:
    $1 for Benson and Morris
    $1 for Cook (I think, maybe $2).

Doesn't leave a lot. And I don't know that this is a team I can win with longterm.
    I'm just hoping for a bit of flexibility.

I don't love Vick either. I'll keep shopping around.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If you keep Brady, Nicks, Nelson, Hilton, Foster, Morris, Benson, and Cook, how much money will you have left?

I would really want to address my RB2 if I were you... just not real sold on Morris as a keeper. I like Hilton a lot-- Wayne won't be around forever, and it's nice when a young QB/WR come up together.

If you trade Brady, I would do it for a borderline QB, not one that would replace him as your main guy. Then you can use your extra money on a guy like Matt Barkley or Geno Smith; both of them could be studs.

If you don't think you have a team that can win, then maybe you should think about a rebuild. If you rebuild, everyone on your team is expendable except Foster. Build around him.

I think you have a team that can win though. You have a top 3 RB and a top 3 QB and 2 top 20 WRs. It's very hard to get a team like that in a 14 team league.

Dobber Sports Guru

Thanks. Maybe I'm disheartened by Nicks' two week absence (going on three this weekend probably).

I'm not always one to jump the gun, but this league is a new one, and folks are still figuring things out.

If I kept the guys listed above, I'd have $14 at auction (to fill the remaining 8 spots). Not ideal.

That's why I'm looking to be a bit proactive before others in the league start wising up to how things'll shape up for them next auction.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Brady+Nicks+Barden ($5)
    for
    Vick ($30)+Crabtree($7)+Torrey Smith($8)

I like this deal for you.
    Vick is boom or bust... but regardless of how the season goes, Crabtree & Torrey Smith are fantastic keepers at that price.

If you feel like you need to shake things up, I'd consider this deal.

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    I like this deal for you.
    Vick is boom or bust... but regardless of how the season goes, Crabtree & Torrey Smith are fantastic keepers at that price.

If you feel like you need to shake things up, I'd consider this deal.
    Thanks Pengwin -- if I could give you rep, I would (but it seems I've hit you recently already).

I offered it. He's hesitant. He sees the value in those two youngsters too.
    We'll see what happens.