Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pricer's Picks - week 5

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy View Post
    I've got a (good) problem each week trying to figure out who my RB starters will be. This week I've got:

McCoy @ PIT
    MJD vs CHI
    Forte @ JAC

Also have McGahee and Mendenhall on the bench. Trying to figure out which 2 to start from the above list and leaning McCoy and Forte, as I just don't like MJD against the Chicago defense this week. What do you think?

Another question mark is Antonio Brown vs PHI or Malcolm Floyd @ NO? Thanks in advance.
    Definitely Forte against Jax, then after that I'd have to say McCoy, so I agree with your assessment.

Brown vs Floyd is Brown for me hands down. You never know on a week-to-week basis who Rivers is gonna throw to, whereas you know Brown is a staple in that Big Ben offense.

PS. My first instinct when I saw your post then viewed your team in your sig is you gotta trade one of those 3 backs for a QB upgrade as Romo/Cutler are a little weak
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm with you on that instinct, Pocket Rocket. I have been working on a RB for QB trade over the last week or two but the offers I've been getting have been silly. And one guy is hoarding 5 QB's on his team! 5 QB's (Cam, Eli, Luck, Dalton, Fitz) in a start-1 QB league. Same guy also picked a kicker in the 3rd round.

I could probably get Dalton/Luck for McGahee, which isn't too bad but also exploring something for Brees or Stafford.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    Going to discuss this one in the article for sure, but here's your quick answer. I would definitely do it for Wallace and Mathews or Brown and Mathews. Probably even for Bowe and Mathews.

I wouldn't do it for either Martin combo at this point.

So, thanks for this response and for putting it in the article. The guy who I offered this package for Jones/Martin clicked accept before I could retract, but I'm still happy with the trade. I hear you the trade for Matthews would have been better, but it was academic because the GM didn't want to part with Matthews and offered me BJGE/Brown for Spiller/Decker instead.

As for Martin, he's clearly the X factor in my trade, the upgrade from Decker to Jones is huge, but it's going to hurt my RB depth big time if Martin has a bad year, given that I gave up two No1 RBs (potentially, depending on how things shake up for Spiller in Buffalo). I agree with your take that between Mathews and Martin, Mathews is clearly the safer bet right now (despite all the naysayers), but my feeling is Martin will end up having a good enough season to more than justify this trade.

I personally think they will get Martin going soon enough, they have no choice in my mind, the TB game plan is to focus on the power running game to open up the passing game, and Blount is just not as tailor-made for this role as compared to Martin. Add in the fact that Martin is clearly an every-down guy, he can do it all, receiving, pass-blocking, etc.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Freeman is learning yet another new offensive scheme this year, and it's taking time (as everyone can see from his QB rating thus far). But once they get it nailed down, and Freeman starts to complete lots more passes, this has to open things up for Martin to start making some of those patented electrifying runs he's known for from his college days. I think Martin gets to 1100 or so total yards and 6TDs, which makes him a perfect RB3 for me behind Lynch and Peterson, and if he falters then I have Michael Bush as a reasonable RB4 backfill.

But, I agree, it's a risk to give up the great depth I had at RB, I just couldn't pass it up when it came to acquiring Jones. With Andre Johnson as my main guy and then Decker/Garcon as basically high end WR3, and with Johnson's injury concerns, I needed to bolster my WR corps big time. Jones is a huge add in this respect. And now a guy just dropped Jennings due to his groin issues, and I've got no 1 waiver priority so he's mine, so all set at WR and could even potentially deal there to get more depth at RB.

Sorry for the long response, and thanks as always for the sage advice!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Quote Originally Posted by egstud19 View Post
    Also who should I play Cobb or Stewart this week for flex
    ppr - Cobb

non-ppr - Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by PocketRockets05 View Post
    Hey Pricer,

I own Nicks, and Hixon somehow is still available as a FA in my league so I'm thinking of adding him before someone else does, but I kind of like the upside on my bench players, so I'm not sure if any of these guys are worth dropping for him.

Here are my bench WR's:
    WR - Malcom Floyd
    WR - Randall Cobb
    WR - Brian Hartline
    WR - Andre Roberts

Do you guys think I should drop any of those guys up above for Hixon, or should I just hold tight and stick to what I have? In this league you can start 3 WR's, and my other 2 usual starters (along with Nicks) are Marshall+Torrey Smith.

Thanks!!
    If it was my team I'd cut Andre Roberts for Hixon purely based on the the QB play.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy View Post
    I've got a (good) problem each week trying to figure out who my RB starters will be. This week I've got:

McCoy @ PIT
    MJD vs CHI
    Forte @ JAC

Also have McGahee and Mendenhall on the bench. Trying to figure out which 2 to start from the above list and leaning McCoy and Forte, as I just don't like MJD against the Chicago defense this week. What do you think?

Another question mark is Antonio Brown vs PHI or Malcolm Floyd @ NO? Thanks in advance.
    McCoy and MJD are matchup proof in my opinion. Don't get cute with this just start those 2. I have McCoy as my 5th overall RB and MJD as my 6th overall RB this week. Jacksonville run D is no slouch, and I want to see it from Forte again before I start plugging him in every week as a RB1. I have him as my 15th overall RB this week.

ppr- Antonio Brown

non-ppr - Malcom Floyd
    Last edited by Matt Price; October 6, 2012 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Pitta or Celek this week?? What to do?? Are they both going to be used as pass blockers most of the time?? Who has the better chance at getting me a score?? Anybody HELP!!
    the true definition of a coin flip. both are top 10 options this week, but I'd roll with Pitta due to the cakewalk matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    So, thanks for this response and for putting it in the article. The guy who I offered this package for Jones/Martin clicked accept before I could retract, but I'm still happy with the trade. I hear you the trade for Matthews would have been better, but it was academic because the GM didn't want to part with Matthews and offered me BJGE/Brown for Spiller/Decker instead.

As for Martin, he's clearly the X factor in my trade, the upgrade from Decker to Jones is huge, but it's going to hurt my RB depth big time if Martin has a bad year, given that I gave up two No1 RBs (potentially, depending on how things shake up for Spiller in Buffalo). I agree with your take that between Mathews and Martin, Mathews is clearly the safer bet right now (despite all the naysayers), but my feeling is Martin will end up having a good enough season to more than justify this trade.

I personally think they will get Martin going soon enough, they have no choice in my mind, the TB game plan is to focus on the power running game to open up the passing game, and Blount is just not as tailor-made for this role as compared to Martin. Add in the fact that Martin is clearly an every-down guy, he can do it all, receiving, pass-blocking, etc.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Freeman is learning yet another new offensive scheme this year, and it's taking time (as everyone can see from his QB rating thus far). But once they get it nailed down, and Freeman starts to complete lots more passes, this has to open things up for Martin to start making some of those patented electrifying runs he's known for from his college days. I think Martin gets to 1100 or so total yards and 6TDs, which makes him a perfect RB3 for me behind Lynch and Peterson, and if he falters then I have Michael Bush as a reasonable RB4 backfill.

But, I agree, it's a risk to give up the great depth I had at RB, I just couldn't pass it up when it came to acquiring Jones. With Andre Johnson as my main guy and then Decker/Garcon as basically high end WR3, and with Johnson's injury concerns, I needed to bolster my WR corps big time. Jones is a huge add in this respect. And now a guy just dropped Jennings due to his groin issues, and I've got no 1 waiver priority so he's mine, so all set at WR and could even potentially deal there to get more depth at RB.

Sorry for the long response, and thanks as always for the sage advice!
    Never need to apologize for a long response! Discussion is what it's all about. I do agree that Julio Jones is an upgrade from Decker, but I don't think it's quite as big an upgrade as you might think. In PPR leagues Decker actually has scored more fantasy points than Julio Jones through week 4.

I agree with you though, when all three are healthy a WR core of AJ, JJ, and Jennings is pretty impressive.

Martin is on my hold list, but like I said, we need to see it. If he consistently loses the goal line carries to Blount then he loses a ton of value because Martin doesn't really possess that long speed that can get him a touchdown outside the redzone. He reminds me of Ray Rice without the speed.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Big trade offer

Thanks Pricer for the help on the Hixon post, I actually got one more question that just came up. I am currently 4-0 in my non-PPR pool. 10-team league, 3 keepers each. I have listed my team down below.

I have been offered the following trade...

I receive:
    QB - My choice of Brady or RGIII
    RB - Lynch

I give up:
    QB - Vick
    RB - Foster

So, the choice here breaks down to: Is the upgrade at QB from Vick to Brady/RGIII worth the downgrade of Foster (who I selected #1 overall) to Lynch?

Pricer (or anyone else ) - please let me know if you would do this deal or not, AND if you would do this deal let me know which QB you'd prefer. Thanks! Your insight as always is appreciated

Current team:
    QB - Vick
    RB - Foster
    RB - Gore
    WR - Marshall
    WR - Nicks
    WR - T.Smith
    TE - Graham
    ----
    QB BN - Romo
    RB BN - Martin, Green-Ellis
    WR BN - Hartline, Roberts, Floyd, Cobb
    Last edited by PocketRockets05; October 6, 2012 at 2:08 PM.
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    the true definition of a coin flip. both are top 10 options this week, but I'd roll with Pitta due to the cakewalk matchup.
    Ok good, we agree!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Hey Matt!
    I have a question for you; which one of these you DON'T start this week?
    - Sproles vs SD
    - Benson vs IND
    - Hixon vs CLE
    - T.Smith vs KC

10 yards = 1pt
    1 TD = 6pts

Thanks!!
    14teams. 25players
    (14F:8D:3G)Points only
    Goal/Pass= F:1/1 D:2/1
    Wins/SO= 2/2
    12-14 keepers
    F: Draisaitl,Barkov,Matthews,Crosby,Voracek
    D:Carlson,Josi,Theodore,Chabot,Hronek
    G:Vasilevsky,Demko

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

I would personally sit Benson!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by PocketRockets05 View Post
    Thanks Pricer for the help on the Hixon post, I actually got one more question that just came up. I am currently 4-0 in my non-PPR pool. 10-team league, 3 keepers each. I have listed my team down below.

I have been offered the following trade...

I receive:
    QB - My choice of Brady or RGIII
    RB - Lynch

I give up:
    QB - Vick
    RB - Foster

So, the choice here breaks down to: Is the upgrade at QB from Vick to Brady/RGIII worth the downgrade of Foster (who I selected #1 overall) to Lynch?

Pricer (or anyone else ) - please let me know if you would do this deal or not, AND if you would do this deal let me know which QB you'd prefer. Thanks! Your insight as always is appreciated

Current team:
    QB - Vick
    RB - Foster
    RB - Gore
    WR - Marshall
    WR - Nicks
    WR - T.Smith
    TE - Graham
    ----
    QB BN - Romo
    RB BN - Martin, Green-Ellis
    WR BN - Hartline, Roberts, Floyd, Cobb
    I wouldn't do it. Foster is th best RB on the best team in the league. Vick / Romo is fine and you are stacked everywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Hey Matt!
    I have a question for you; which one of these you DON'T start this week?
    - Sproles vs SD
    - Benson vs IND
    - Hixon vs CLE
    - T.Smith vs KC

10 yards = 1pt
    1 TD = 6pts

Thanks!!

I'd sit Hixon in non-ppr.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for your advice!
    14teams. 25players
    (14F:8D:3G)Points only