Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pricer's Picks - week 5

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Pricer's Picks - week 5

Some things didn't work out for us in week 4; most notably the call on Christian Ponder. However his stat line was more a product of the gamescript than him playing poorly. The Lions special teams might be worse than their secondary. For the second week in a row they gave up two (1 kickoff, 1 punt) return touchdowns. Because of this, plus Adrian Peterson's effectiveness running the ball, Ponder was not asked to do much. While that could continue against the Titans next week, I would still err on the side of playing him if you don't have an otherwise great option at QB as we enter the week 5 bye.

Some other controversy arose in the comments section of the column about recommending buying low on Dez Bryant and Kenny Britt. I still think these are good investments if you can get them cheaply. Both have the talent to put up fantasy WR1 (top 12) performances in any given week. They haven't been able to put it together yet, but I still have confidence in their abilities. Their heads just need to catch up with their talent and opportunity.

Let's get into those week 5 issues.

Dobber Sports Icon

I have offered up Spiller/McGahee/Decker to acquire:

- Wallace + Matthews
    - Cruz + Doug Martin
    - Jones + Doug Martin

The Wallace manager may back but may agree to give me Bowe or Brown instead of Wallace, would you pull the trigger for either or both?

Just as fyi, I already have A Johnson / Decker / Garcon / Britt / Simpson as my WR corps (not super high end but ok enough to win health permitting) and Peterson / Lynch / Spiller / McGahee / MBush as my RB corps (high end talent and major depth). This trade would allow me to add a very high end WR and trade two RBs for a possible RB upgrade, and opens up room to add a waiver wire guy (I am trying to pick up Stevan Ridley who is on waivers).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Wish I would have started Ridley over Martin..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

I stuck with Freeman over Ponder, but you did have me convinced on Martin over Ridley.. I should have started NE over SEA aswell, those two blunders by me cost me my matchup in week 4..

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    I have offered up Spiller/McGahee/Decker to acquire:

- Wallace + Matthews
    - Cruz + Doug Martin
    - Jones + Doug Martin

The Wallace manager may back but may agree to give me Bowe or Brown instead of Wallace, would you pull the trigger for either or both?

Just as fyi, I already have A Johnson / Decker / Garcon / Britt / Simpson as my WR corps (not super high end but ok enough to win health permitting) and Peterson / Lynch / Spiller / McGahee / MBush as my RB corps (high end talent and major depth). This trade would allow me to add a very high end WR and trade two RBs for a possible RB upgrade, and opens up room to add a waiver wire guy (I am trying to pick up Stevan Ridley who is on waivers).
    Going to discuss this one in the article for sure, but here's your quick answer. I would definitely do it for Wallace and Mathews or Brown and Mathews. Probably even for Bowe and Mathews.

I wouldn't do it for either Martin combo at this point.
    Last edited by Matt Price; October 2, 2012 at 7:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    I stuck with Freeman over Ponder, but you did have me convinced on Martin over Ridley.. I should have started NE over SEA aswell, those two blunders by me cost me my matchup in week 4..
    Yea that New England backfield is just going to be a headache every week. I recommended Martin over Ridley because at that point we knew Martin was the feature back and Ridley had less carries than Danny freakin' Woodhead the previous week. What actually happened we all know... I personally won't feel comfortable starting Ridley as anything more than a flex play every week because I don't think we can predict who will get the most carries there each week.

Martin lost a goal line carry to Blount that could have saved his fantasy day. After the game Schiano talked about mixing in Blount more so we aren't as confident about Martin's role any longer either.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Adding my league info again.

14 team league and we start QB, 2x RB, 3x WR, Flex, TE, D and 6 Bench spots
    Scoring:
    Pass 1/25, TD=4, INT= -2
    Rush/Receiving 1/10, TD=6,
    100+ Rush: 4 points
    100+ Receiving: 2 points

Roster :
    QB: Rivers, Freeman
    RB: McCoy, SJax, R Williams, J Best, D Richardson
    WR: AJ Green, Hakeem Nicks, Torrey Smith, Stevie Johnson, LaFell
    TE: Pitta, O Daniels
    D: Bengals (playing the matchups)
    K: Walsh (playing the matchups)

I will probably play Stevie as my flex ahead of SJax/Williams some weeks.

My question:

How much should I be willing to pay for McFadden? We are talking about a 2 vs 1 trade where he gets a running back and a wide receiver. I think I almost had him at SJax + Stevie, but I'm not sure he's worth SJax+Torrey.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Padawan

In a 12 team ppr we start two wr's....I'm going with Lloyd as my one but am trying to decide between Stevie, Cobb and Hawkins as my number two. I hate Stevie against the 9 ers, Cobb or Hawkins could be in line for big days as I think both teams will score a ton...... And yes, I'm winless.

Dobber Sports Immortal

A couple of questions here, mostly revolving around Jackie Battle...

RB2 slot: Brown vs GB or Tate @ NYJ

Different league...Im assuming Mathews is a go over Battle in this league? And Im also guessing I don't want to be starting both if I have Maclin and Nicks to fill out my flex spots. Now if Nicks misses again, my options are Battle, Ingram, Cook or even a sleeper like K. Hunter.

Different league again...if S-Jax is unable to go tomorrow night do I give Battle or Ingram my RB2 spot?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Oh and what are your thoughts on Flacco @ KC or Rivers @ NO? Both hit or miss QBs with great matchups

One more time: Ridley(NE) or Brown(IND) ??

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Oh and what are your thoughts on Flacco @ KC or Rivers @ NO? Both hit or miss QBs with great matchups
    I am curious on this one too I have Rivers and Dalton (vs MIA).

Rivers should be a strong play against that Saints D. No?

1 point 50 yds 6pnts TD.
    12 team Keeper Head to Head: (10 Keepers)
    G,A,P,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,W,SV%,GAA,SO

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    Adding my league info again.

14 team league and we start QB, 2x RB, 3x WR, Flex, TE, D and 6 Bench spots
    Scoring:
    Pass 1/25, TD=4, INT= -2
    Rush/Receiving 1/10, TD=6,
    100+ Rush: 4 points
    100+ Receiving: 2 points

Roster :
    QB: Rivers, Freeman
    RB: McCoy, SJax, R Williams, J Best, D Richardson
    WR: AJ Green, Hakeem Nicks, Torrey Smith, Stevie Johnson, LaFell
    TE: Pitta, O Daniels
    D: Bengals (playing the matchups)
    K: Walsh (playing the matchups)

I will probably play Stevie as my flex ahead of SJax/Williams some weeks.

My question:

How much should I be willing to pay for McFadden? We are talking about a 2 vs 1 trade where he gets a running back and a wide receiver. I think I almost had him at SJax + Stevie, but I'm not sure he's worth SJax+Torrey.
    No luck on trading for a QB?

I would deal SJax and Stevie for McFadden. I would not deal SJax and Torrey Smith for him. I think you are right on target here. I still would prefer a QB upgrade over anything else, but yea if you can get McFadden go for it. I would wait until after this Sunday though so you can play Torrey Smith this week

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    In a 12 team ppr we start two wr's....I'm going with Lloyd as my one but am trying to decide between Stevie, Cobb and Hawkins as my number two. I hate Stevie against the 9 ers, Cobb or Hawkins could be in line for big days as I think both teams will score a ton...... And yes, I'm winless.
    I like Cobb over Hawkins by just a hair. Coin flip really. I do have Johnson just a hair above those two, but I certainly understand the hesitation and don't fault you for benching him this week.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    A couple of questions here, mostly revolving around Jackie Battle...

RB2 slot: Brown vs GB or Tate @ NYJ

Different league...Im assuming Mathews is a go over Battle in this league? And Im also guessing I don't want to be starting both if I have Maclin and Nicks to fill out my flex spots. Now if Nicks misses again, my options are Battle, Ingram, Cook or even a sleeper like K. Hunter.

Different league again...if S-Jax is unable to go tomorrow night do I give Battle or Ingram my RB2 spot?
    RB2 slot: ugh. My head says Brown. At least he is getting guaranteed carries. I do think this is going to be more of a shootout and Brown could be rendered useless because of that. Tate though could certainly get a lot of carries once the Texans are up big. It's also on Monday night and I love having players on Monday.

Going with my gut over my head though on this one. If it was my team I'd go with Ben Tate.

I can't recommend starting (or even owning) Battle. I don't know what Norv Turner is doing here, but Mathews is clearly the more talented back. Against the Saints both could have decent games, but I'm going Mathews and trading Battle while he has value. Maybe he gains a little more after this week.

Nicks is officially out. I like plugging in Kendall Hunter over all of those other flex options.

3rd league. SJax looks like a go so plug him in. Battle and Ingram are both droppable in my opinion.