Thread: Mikel Leshoure

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Mikel Leshoure

Should Leshoure owners be worried? Lots of touches and production from Bell today....

Dobber Sports Veteran

Bell only had 1 carry for 2 yards. His yardage came from the 6 receptions he had for 72 yards. LeShoure still had by far the most carries with 13 for 26 yards. 2 ypc isn't good but he was also facing a tough Minesota defense that has allowed the 2nd least fantasy points to RBs in his second game in the NFL after being limited in practice the entire week with a groin injury. I'm hoping that's all this was. He has a bye week to get back to full health but by that point Best could be back and that could add another interesting element to this backfield. Still, the best course is to wait this out and see how it pans out.

I kind of wish I had seen what kind of interest there was in him after last week.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Listen I own Leshoure in one league and his YPC are not impressive thus far.

I am not selling...yet.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Big 1st game for leshoure and then what

not the first time we saw that happen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I have him in multiple leagues as well, I'm not sold on him, but that being said I think he's going to be just fine.

Looked pretty good in his 1st game, but terrible in 2nd game.

Detroit have been terrible, and although I don't expect them to be a playoff team, I still think they are a 7-9 or 8-8 type team. Its a very high yield offense, and LeShoure has great hands, and should have goalline. His YPC may not be fantastic, and he may not hit 100 yards a whole lot, but in a PPR league he should get catches and he is the goalline back

I think we'll see a guy who averages around 60-70 rush yards a game, 3-5 catches for 30ish yards a game, and 7-8 total TD's here on out.
    12 Team H2H Yahoo Keeper (Year 6)
    Champion 2008-09, 2009-10 & 2010-11, Runner-up 2010-11
    Keep 5 (4 Skaters, 1 Goalie)

G | A | PTS | PPP | +/- | SOG | HIT | W | SV | SV% | GAA | SO

C - Stamkos, Malkin,
    LW - Ovechkin
    RW - Perry
    D -
    Util -
    G - Lundqvist

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Trahey View Post

I think we'll see a guy who averages around 60-70 rush yards a game, 3-5 catches for 30ish yards a game, and 7-8 total TD's here on out.
    It is not fair to expect 7-8 total TD's here on out. If I was doing pre-season projections and felt sure about Leshoure being the starter all year long I would put him down for about 8, but we're a quarter into the season now. One Td every second game seems fair and they have 11 games to go. Put him down for 5-6 IF Jahvid Best doesnt return and steal playing time.

And that is the problem. Best is a better receiver and would defintely be stealing the 3rd downs straight away. If he can produce and stay healty this will be a timeshare before week 9.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    It is not fair to expect 7-8 total TD's here on out. If I was doing pre-season projections and felt sure about Leshoure being the starter all year long I would put him down for about 8, but we're a quarter into the season now. One Td every second game seems fair and they have 11 games to go. Put him down for 5-6 IF Jahvid Best doesnt return and steal playing time.

And that is the problem. Best is a better receiver and would defintely be stealing the 3rd downs straight away. If he can produce and stay healty this will be a timeshare before week 9.

Is Best supposed to be returning sometime soon? I haven't heard anything in regards to his progress.

Leshoure is still the back to own in Detroit. Kevin Smith has been decent (for a detroit rb) but was immediately benched and hasn't received a touch upon leshoures arrival. Since he has the pass catching ability, he will come in handy as a flex or rb2 on some weeks.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Best can return in week 7 if he is cleared. He has said that he expects to be cleared, but who knows. I'm just saying that I'm not trusting Leshoure to be a top RB until we see what happens with Best in week 7.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore