Thread: Statistic Providers?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Statistic Providers?

Hi All,

Been a member for a few seasons now and have always marvelled at some of the tools and stats that all the different members of the forum throw out. Being kind of a "geek" I've always wondered and thought about what it would take to kind of create some tools, visualizations, graphs (maybe following in Frozen pool or Hockey pool Geek's foot steps) for myself, to learn a few things (technologically) while on a subject I love!

That being the case, I know I have some of the skills/tools to build some apps or tools but what I'm missing is the "data" I'm curious what Dobbersports (and all the great tools you guys provide) and/or other members in the community use for their databases?

Is it a live feed online database? Is it a periodic dump of data? What is the typical cost associated with this sort of information? How do you receive it? Some sort of feed that you need to pull from? or can it be pushed out to whatever platform/application you have developed? Are there multiple venders for this information? Is it free for public consumption? What does Yahoo/ESPN/CBSSports use?

If any of you guys would be able to chime in, it'd be greatly appreciated! It's an exciting little thought/project I had been kicking around!
    14 team H2H Partial Keeper 23/24 - Season 14
    Keep: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 2D, 1G and 1 Wild
    Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - Trochek, Malkin, Scheifele, Seguin, Novak
    LW - J Robertson, M.Tkachuk, Barbashev, Sherwood
    RW - Kirill Kaprizov, Tippett, Evangelista, McBain
    D - Bouchard, K Miller, Valimaki, Forsling, Chabot
    G - Sorokin, Copley
    IR - Thompson, Svechnikov

Dobber Sports Ninja

I am also very interested in any responses here.