Thread: Cam or Stafford?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Cam or Stafford?

I need to make a move to strengthen my QB position (Romo and Cutler have been varying degrees of awful the last couple of weeks) and have received a couple of decent proposals:

Cam/Moss for Andre Brown/Marshall

Stafford/BGE for McCoy/Romo

Cam hasn't looked great but I think he can still put up huge numbers from here on out - Stafford has been fine so far. I'm liking the Cam one a bit more as I don't lose any RB depth and I think I have decent enough depth at WR to make up for losing Marshall, who hasn't been too impressive in weeks 2-3. McCoy and BGE actually have about the same # of fantasy points thus far and I'm pretty strong at RB once Forte comes back so am still considering that move as well.

What would you guys roll with? Or should I just grab Fitz, Palmer or Dalton off the WW?

Dobber Sports Immortal

I wouldn't panic yet as you do have two good starters who have just struggled so far. I would do some patch work with Dalton as they play Jacksonville, Miami and Cleveland in their next three games.

Dobber Sports Padawan

DO NOT trade Lesean. That would be horrendous especially for someone as terrible as BJGE. That is a terrible trade for you DO NOT DO IT.

HAs STafford's injury been announced? And Romo's value will not get any lower all season. Andy Reid will get a tongue-lashing from somebody at some point (or better yet fired) and they will start feeding McCoy the ball. He is their best player by leaps and bounds, Reid is just an idiot.

I love the Brown/Marshall trade though. Brown will be looking at a timeshare, possibly as soon as next week (whenever Bradshaw is back). Although I think he looks the more talented of the two backs, they aren't just going to drop Bradshaw like a bad bean pie, and it's only one game for Brown. As news of Bradshaw's return comes out his value decreases.

Who do you have on the wire for wide outs that you can drop for Moss? I would actually counter with a Cam/(his worst running back)/(a better WR than Moss) for Brown/Marshall/(whichever QB you like least)

The FF playoffs Cutler goes : To Minny, GB at home, to ARI
    Romo: @Cincy, Pitt at home, NO at home.

I love that NO at home matchup for the finals. Cam will come around once Rivera and the OC unleash him. It's the same problem as watching Russell Wilson last night, they try to make these fleet-footed running QBs into pocket passers and it hurts the teams' ability to score TDs. In game two they started rolling him out in the bootleg and they started scoring points (Cam). They'll figure it out. I would much rather Newton over those other two so I would try to find a way to get him. Giving the owner Cutler as a replacement should allow you to get a better WR off him, since RB depth isn't an issue for you.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks very much for the responses, guys. I don't think it's quite a panic move, I'm just seeing an opportunity to buy low on a couple of QB's that really should be doing better. Plus I don't like trying to play the guessing game with Romo/Cutler each week and would like to have a clear-cut #1 guy I slot in every week, which Cam or Stafford should be.

Hadn't realized that Stafford has an undisclosed injury from the weekend's games. Might not be serious but that does remind me that he has some injury history and that coupled with having to include McCoy in the deal makes it less and less likely I would actually go through with that move.

Spec7ral, I like the idea of a counter on the Cam deal and I might do so to see what happens. The other guy already has enough QB's on his team (he is holding on to Cam, Eli, and Luck) so offering up Romo/Cutler would not do it. He's very low on RB and I know he's pretty eager to move Cam so I think I can probably work something out.