Thread: Rizzo for freese and griffin?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Rizzo for freese and griffin?

Freese and griffin for rizzo and 3rd pick? What you think? My buddy asked my advice about this offer he got yesterday. He owns Rizzo now, and I don't know much about aj griffin so my first thought were no way but I thought I'd ask the pros! It's 14 team h2h pts. Keep 8

Dobber Sports Veteran

Depends on his team and how much value that third round pick has. I think Freese is a solid star at 3B, and Rizzo is at the easiest offensive position to get, so the wildcard is Griffin. I don't know exactly how high his ceiling is but it's not likely to be a keeper in a league where there are only 8. I know he can hit 93 and then break it down to 68, seems to have good movement too.

It just comes down to how badly he needs 3B vs 1B overall.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Veteran

If your friend can deal with Freese's injury issues, then this is a fair trade. Freese is a guy that is comparable to Ryan Zimmerman - a guy that can knock about 25 homeruns, 85-90 RBI and a good average. Griffin is kind of a wildcard as mentioned above. Doubt he'll keep Griffin in that kind of format, but while he has posted some nice numbers, I don't think they will be this good and think the strikeouts are going to decline next year.

Hope this helps.