Thread: Completely BLOWN Game By Refs (MNF)

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Completely BLOWN Game By Refs (MNF)

On the last play of the game, the Packers were leading the Seahawks by 12-6. Seattle tossed a long ball deep down the field, and it appeared to be intercepted but Seahawk WR Golden Tate also had a hand on it. It was completely incorrectly called as an offensive Touchdown. Tate also committed extremely blatant offensive pass interference.

How the hell does the league not cave to the refs now? Wow. This is seriously one of the biggest gaffes in football history.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by dongjohnson View Post
    On the last play of the game, the Packers were leading the Seahawks by 12-6. Seattle tossed a long ball deep down the field, and it appeared to be intercepted but Seahawk WR Golden Tate also had a hand on it. It was completely incorrectly called as an offensive Touchdown. Tate also committed extremely blatant offensive pass interference.

How the hell does the league not cave to the refs now? Wow. This is seriously one of the biggest gaffes in football history.

The league doesn't have to cave. The fans keep coming and watching. The officiating has become a joke but we keep watching. Now if what I'm hearing about the millions of dollars affected in Vegas has something to say, the NFL will surely listen.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default The NFL

The NFL announced just a few minutes ago that they will leave the final outcome of the game to stand. They stated that the offensive pass interference should have been called but that the decision to leave the call on the field of play stand was fine.

Sadly, they would have gained MORE respect by simply saying the refs blew it. As near as I can tell, the ref who signal'd TD at the end of the game MUST have thought Green Bay was on offense. There's no other logical explanation for what he could have seen.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    The league doesn't have to cave. The fans keep coming and watching. The officiating has become a joke but we keep watching. Now if what I'm hearing about the millions of dollars affected in Vegas has something to say, the NFL will surely listen.
    what does the nfl care what vegas thinks?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

That mistake made me $50! I'm sure if the replacement refs continue there will be a day that they blow a call that ends up costing me money but until then WEEEEEEEEE!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

What were all the GB defenders doing?? They should have jumped up and swatted the ball away, they didn't need to try and catch it..

But yes, it was an ugly offensive interference play that was clearly missed..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..