Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pricer's Picks - Week 4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    hehe been spam refreshing here to see your answer before I go ahead with my trade.
    I'll paste it into the forum if he doesn't have it up in a few hours

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    great! Got a few offers already, so its going to be interesting to see how you look at it all.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Dobber Sports Icon

Hey Matt, you missed one of my questions, whether to drop LaFell for Simpson. Also available on the waiver wire are Little, Meachem and Britt (although he's on waivers and may be snagged, and anyway is questionable for Sunday).

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Initiate

could you?
    14 Team Dynasty League

Scoring

IR:

I already asked some of these questions in other threads, but I'm hoping you've got some input for me!

14 team league and we start QB, 2x RB, 3x WR, Flex, TE, D and 6 Bench spots
    Scoring:
    Pass 1/25, TD=4, INT= -2
    Rush/Receiving 1/10, TD=6,
    100+ Rush: 4 points
    100+ Receiving: 2 points

Roster (Highlighting my normal starters):
    QB: Rivers, Locker
    RB: McCoy, SJax, Green-Ellis, R Williams, J Best
    WR: AJ Green, Stevie Johnson, Torrey Smith, LaFell, Heyward-Bey
    TE: Pitta, O Daniels
    D: Bengals (playing the matchups)

My questions:
    1. Drop Heyward-Bey? Available: Hill (W), Sanders (W), Blackmon (W), Robinson, Binns, Stokley, Walter. The ones with a (W) were released today so on the waiver until friday. I am ranked #4 now, so dont want to spend my rank on any of them.

2. Trade a RB+WR for a better WR? Better RB? Alot of the other teams are pretty desperate for RBs, so going for a WR would probably be easier.

3. Just stay put?

I'd appreciate any feedback you've got for me!
    Sorry guys I don't know what's going on or why it isn't getting posted. here you go ynotzz:

First of all let me thank you for posting your league size, scoring settings, and full roster. The more information you give me the better answer I can give you.

Before we look at your questions let’s take a look at the makeup of your team. You are OK at QB, but could definitely be better there. Both Rivers and Locker are marginal starters but since QB value is depressed a bit with the 4 point TDs, -2 for INT, and only 0.04 points per yard you should be ok. However, I would imagine if you played Rivers last week you had a rough week

At RB you are looking a lot better now that Beanie Wells has been placed on the designated to return IR (he can return in week 12). I firmly believe that Ryan Williams has top 10 talent at his position and now has the opportunity. Talent + opportunity usually equals good things in fantasy football. His offensive line is still a liability but great RBs can still produce behind bad lines. Ryan Williams can be great and could be a key to getting you to the playoffs. Arizona’s world-beater defense lends itself to going with a strong running attack, which will in turn help out Kevin Kolb. With the return of Larry Fitzgerald, and Kevin Kolb looking like an actual NFL quarterback, opposing defenses will not be able to stack eight men in the box. This will give Williams some running room despite the line play. Congratulations on having a potentially strong RB2 with RB1 upside.

McCoy is still a stud so don’t panic. The Eagles are 9-1 when McCoy gets 20 carries and I’m guessing that Reid figures this out and puts the ball in his playmaker’s hands more often going forward.

Steven Jackson, on the other hand, I would be looking to deal. Jackson just doesn’t look like the stud mired on a terrible team that he has looked like in the past. Name value is still there, but I think we have a short window to get any real value in return for him. You need to act quickly here.

BJGE is solid if unspectacular. He will continue to be a source of steady production.

You need to let Jahvid Best go. I know it’s hard, but if an entire offseason isn’t enough to clear his concussion symptoms, then I don’t think another six weeks will either. We are close to him returning though, so I don’t fault you completely for holding on, but if there is a good pickup I think he is the guy that has to go.

Not much to say about your WRs; great job here. LaFell is good depth, but we’ll see how Cam responds after being called out for pouting on the sidelines last week against the Bucs. DHB is going to be ok, but we obviously are not thrilled about starting him at this point and is a drop candidate given your top 3.

At tight end, you have the most targeted one in the league so you’re doing great here. Daniels is a fine backup.

On to your questions:

1. If it was my team I would drop DHB for Binns this week and see how he does. Keep an eye on the DHB news and be ready to grab him back again next week if the news is good, and Binns struggles. If you miss on DHB grab Sanders who should still be available with the Steelers on a bye this week. Another guy that might be out there is TJ Graham, the rookie WR out of Buffalo. The Patriots are going to try to take away Stevie Johnson this week and Graham could see a lot of targets. I also like Travis Benjamin, the rookie WR in Cleveland, as a preemptive pickup this week, with Greg Little focusing more on his celebration dances than catching the ball right now.

2. Trading for another WR is fine, but I would actually go a different way. I’’d look to upgrade that QB spot, as it is the biggest weakness and could kill your overall score in any given week. Rivers and SJax both still have name value so look for a team that is strong at QB and weak at RB. Maybe the owner that drafted RG3, is the same one that drafted a Brady/Brees/Rodgers/Ryan/Stafford/Newton, and is willing to deal one of them for a RB and a solid backup QB in Rivers in return. If he likes BJGE better than SJax then don’t let that stop a deal from being made.
    While I would say that upgrading your QB should be the first order of business, if you truly would rather get another WR, then I would look to package SJax and LaFell for someone like a Dez Bryant or Kenny Britt. Make sure it’s a guy that has the talent and opportunity to be a WR1, but maybe isn’t quite there yet. Don’t settle for a WR that won’t crack your starting lineup except on byes and injury situations. Another option would be to pounce on the Ryan Mathews owner and package SJax and LaFell for him. He could have serious reservations, particularly after Mathews’ performance last week, but you shouldn’t fall for it. Mathews is a bonafide RB1 and will be the centerpiece of the offense going forward. Take this opportunity to get him while you can as that window will likely close after week 4.

3. Never stay put! Always be looking to make your team better.

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Hey Matt, you missed one of my questions, whether to drop LaFell for Simpson. Also available on the waiver wire are Little, Meachem and Britt (although he's on waivers and may be snagged, and anyway is questionable for Sunday).
    I would drop LaFell for Britt first and for Simpson if you can't get Britt

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Who do I start this week Freeman(Have a good felling) or Ponder??
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Who do I start this week Freeman(Have a good felling) or Ponder??
    Christian Ponder

Dobber Sports Initiate

Thanks! Great answer! I actually won with 91 vs 85 last week with Rivers picking up 3fps and my 3 rb's only getting 19 fps in total He forgot to replace Ronnie Brown as his flex, and his Stevan Ridley + Ravens defence only got him a total of 5 points on monday night football Got a bit lucky there so 2-1 after 3 weeks.

The funny thing is that I dropped DHB for Binns just a few hours before your posted your answer, but then decided to switch again and handcuff McCoy. Some guys in the league tend to watch what I'm doing, so Binns was then picked up by another guy straight away. Sanders is still availabe though.

I picked up Jahvid Best earlier this week and dropped Robert Turbin, so not like I've got much invested in him. Figured I could hold on to him for a few weeks and see what happens when he returns.

One of my biggest problems right now is that almost all my players will be out in week 8. Bye weeks for: BenJarvus, AJ, Torrey, Stevie Johnson (my top 3 WRs), Pitta and Daniels (both my TE's).

Got an offer of BenJarvus+Torrey Smith for Andre Johnson and on for Percy Harvin but Torrey has looked so good the last couple of weeks that I might just stay put. The same package could probably get me Demarco Murray or Lynch as well.

Being a 14 team league there arent really anyone that is extremely strong on QB. Dalton/Vick, Peyton/Palmer, Stafford/Flacco, RG3/Schaub, Rodgers/Ponders, Fitzpatrick/Romo are the best ones. Not sure what I could get, but I'll look into it.
    14 Team Dynasty League

Scoring

IR:

Dobber Sports Icon

I would drop LaFell for Britt first and for Simpson if you can't get Britt

Thanks! Britt's a FA so he's ripe for picking, problem is Britt's questionable for Sunday and I have Garcon and LaFell as my WR3 (we start 3) and Garcon's also questionable, so if I drop LaFell and add Britt I might be left with an injured WR3 slot on Sunday. Decisions, decisions! Maybe best bet is to drop LaFell for Simpson and then, if it's determined that Britt's playing, i'll drop Simpson for Britt.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Thanks! Britt's a FA so he's ripe for picking, problem is Britt's questionable for Sunday and I have Garcon and LaFell as my WR3 (we start 3) and Garcon's also questionable, so if I drop LaFell and add Britt I might be left with an injured WR3 slot on Sunday. Decisions, decisions! Maybe best bet is to drop LaFell for Simpson and then, if it's determined that Britt's playing, i'll drop Simpson for Britt.
    I see your point but it would suck to miss out on Britt if he gets back to his old self. No way you can pick up both?

Stevan Ridley + Ravens defence only got him a total of 5 points on monday night football
    How does Baltilmore's DEF only get 5 points, when they scored a TD??

Christian Ponder
    You seem pretty confident in Ponder.. Or do you just not believe in Freeman??

Dobber Sports Icon

I see your point but it would suck to miss out on Britt if he gets back to his old self. No way you can pick up both?

Only way is if I drop Andy Dalton or Mike Bush (and I'd rather keep him for depth, although I do already have Peterson, Lynch, Spiller, McGahee). No one else I can drop. If I drop Dalton as my Brady backup, then I still might be able to pick him back up or pick up Ponder (still available) after this week's games.

I think I might just drop LaFell for Britt and take the chance on one of Britt or Garcon suiting up this week. I already have Pitta giving me 0 points this week so it's going to be tough to win this week anyway, but Britt can be a huge add for me that solidifies my WR corps (supporting A Johnson, Decker, Garcon) that wins me weeks when it counts later in the year.
    Last edited by ross10019; September 29, 2012 at 9:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    You seem pretty confident in Ponder.. Or do you just not believe in Freeman??
    I just think Ponder is going to be low end QB1 going forward and that this game will be his coming out party. The Lions secondary is one of the worst in the league. He finally has a deep threat in Jerome Simpson. All signs point to him having one of the best games of his young career.

Freeman has a good matchup too but I just really like Ponder a lot this week. I'm starting him in several leagues myself due to the bye for Roethlisberger.