Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pricer's Picks - Week 4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Series of questions for you Matt.

Dropped Freeman for Dalton (Fitzpatrick was also available), to backup Brady, good move?

I have a chance to pick up Celek (have Hernandez injured and for now am using Pitta), would you drop Pitta for Celek?

I have LaFell as my WR4 (A Johnson, Decker, Garcon are my top 3), should I drop him for Hawkins, Simpson, Avery or Burleson? I am trying to make a 2 for 1 trade to pick up a big time WR (Cruz or Jones) offering up Decker and McGahee (or M Bush), hope it goes through, but if not I may do Bowe for Decker/Bush.

Finally, would you drop Philly D for Atlanta D? Scoring cats are compleated Yahoo cats, 6 pts for D TD, 1 pts for sack, 2 pts for fumbles and interceptions, and sliding scale based on pts against (10 pts for 0 pts against, to -4 pts for 35+ pts against).

Thanks!
    1. Great move. You picked the right QB. Dalton is hot right now. Young Baby Hawk Andrew Hawkins has given them a great underneath target and even though he is only getting a handful of targets a game, it's enough to open up the deep throws to AJ Green.

2. I wouldn't. Pitta has the most targets of any tight end through week 3 and is a legitimate TE1 who feels matchup proof to me right now. Celek has the volatile Vick throwing to him and until he can settle down abit, Celek is going to be a bit of a roller coaster ride. I do like Celek, but not as much as Pitta as of this post.

3. Simpson, Burleson, and Hawkins (in that order) are all great pickups right now. LaFell has flashed, but Cam needs to stop thinking so much and play his game. Think of Simpson as a WR2 with low WR1 upside going forward. Burleson is holding off Titus Young for now and in my opinion is a better complement to Megatron. I love YBH. A Redskins player who I can't remember right now tweeted out last week that he is much tougher to play against to Amendola who some have compared him to. YBH has to ability to take a short pass and turn it into a huge play every time he touches the ball. Love this kid.

I would definitely make either of those deals if you can get the owner(s) to bite.

4. I'd personally stick with Philly, but to be honest I don't get attached to team defenses. I prefer to play matchups by looking a couple weeks ahead and grabbing those types of Ds a week early when possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Hey Price, I am wondering who you would rather have for the rest of the season??

1pt for 10 yards rushing and receiving.. 6pt for TD..

D.Brown(IND)
    or
    R.Williams(ARI)
    Ryan Williams. With Wells on the IR (can't return until week 12), Williams is a RB2 going forward in my eyes. Strong defenses make strong running games. The OL is still suspect, but Williams has the talent to make it work despite that. He needs to keep building that confidence though as that seems to make all the difference for him

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    I already asked some of these questions in other threads, but I'm hoping you've got some input for me!

14 team league and we start QB, 2x RB, 3x WR, Flex, TE, D and 6 Bench spots
    Scoring:
    Pass 1/25, TD=4, INT= -2
    Rush/Receiving 1/10, TD=6,
    100+ Rush: 4 points
    100+ Receiving: 2 points

Roster (Highlighting my normal starters):
    QB: Rivers, Locker
    RB: McCoy, SJax, Green-Ellis, R Williams, J Best
    WR: AJ Green, Stevie Johnson, Torrey Smith, LaFell, Heyward-Bey
    TE: Pitta, O Daniels
    D: Bengals (playing the matchups)

My questions:
    1. Drop Heyward-Bey? Available: Hill (W), Sanders (W), Blackmon (W), Robinson, Binns, Stokley, Walter. The ones with a (W) were released today so on the waiver until friday. I am ranked #4 now, so dont want to spend my rank on any of them.

2. Trade a RB+WR for a better WR? Better RB? Alot of the other teams are pretty desperate for RBs, so going for a WR would probably be easier.

3. Just stay put?

I'd appreciate any feedback you've got for me!
    going to address this one in the article. check in on Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Price:

Would you start Jennings(GB) or Austin(DAL) in week 4??

1pt for receiving yards and 6pt for TD
    Tough one. Greg Jennings didn't look as explosive on Monday night but he is likely still nursing that groin injury. Austin is settling in nicely as a fantasy WR2 going forward and Romo still trusts him more than Dez.

I'd say that if you think you are the favorite in your matchup this week and just need some steady points (8-12) go with Austin. I also love having players on Monday nights so there is that.

If you think you are the underdog I'd say go with Jennings who could be in a shootout with the Saints. The Packers are going to be out for blood in this one after the MNF debacle.

Quote Originally Posted by ynotzz View Post
    Which of my RB's do I try to move? I dont think I will get fair value for Ryan Williams yet (was just offered Santonio Holmes straight up...), so I'll be keeping him. McCoy is also off the table.

That leaves me with SJax and Green-Ellis. I know SJax has a tough matchup this weekend, but who do you prefer going forward?
    I'm recommending to everyone that they try to get out from under SJax right now. He may still have some name value right now. If you can trade him for a solid RB2 I'd do it. Maybe a guy like Alfred Morris or a Frank Gore are potential targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Hi Guys!
    I have to decide today which one of these 3 I DON'T start... Help me!

Benson vs NO
    Sproles vs GB
    T.Smith vs Cleveland

10 yards= 1 pt
    1 TD = 6 pts

Thanks!
    Really tough one here, but if this is non-ppr I'd put Sproles on the bench. Benson has a better shot at a touchdown in my opinion. You can't bench Torrey Smith against the Browns tonight who are still without Joe Haden.

Hey Matt, Ryan Williams is available in my league but I'd have to drop one of McGahee or Andre Brown to pick him up. Is he worth taking over either of those? I'm thinking no but would be great to have another opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy View Post
    Hey Matt, Ryan Williams is available in my league but I'd have to drop one of McGahee or Andre Brown to pick him up. Is he worth taking over either of those? I'm thinking no but would be great to have another opinion.
    Going to discuss Ryan Williams in the column, but since this is time sensitive I'll answer this now.

I would lean on the side of picking up Ryan Williams, but both of those are tough drops right now.One of the (many) downsides of playing in 10 team leagues is that your roster is packed with "solid" guys that will get you points so it makes you hesitate to drop them for a guy that has a chance to really take advantage of an opportunity.

Who are your starting (top 2) RBs at this point? Are they solid enough that barring injury McGahee and Brown won't make the starting lineup except on byes or in an injury situation? Could you drop someone from a different position? Are you carrying 2 tight ends, 2 kickers or two defenses? If so drop a PK, D, or backup TE and get him now. How about your end of the bench WR? in non-ppr leagues RBs are much more important. Bradshaw is back this week so we'll have a better idea of how the Giants will use both backs. I envision a 50/50 split almost like when Jacobs was still in town, except that Brown can actually play.

I don't know if that answers your question, but I would get Williams for sure if you can drop a backup K, D, TE, or WR to do so. Stand pat on McGahee and Brown for now, but if you take a wait and see approach be ready to pounce on him next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    Who are your starting (top 2) RBs at this point? Are they solid enough that barring injury McGahee and Brown won't make the starting lineup except on byes or in an injury situation? Could you drop someone from a different position? Are you carrying 2 tight ends, 2 kickers or two defenses? If so drop a PK, D, or backup TE and get him now. How about your end of the bench WR? in non-ppr leagues RBs are much more important. Bradshaw is back this week so we'll have a better idea of how the Giants will use both backs. I envision a 50/50 split almost like when Jacobs was still in town, except that Brown can actually play.
    Starting 2 RB's are McCoy and MoJo, with Forte along with McGahee and Andre Brown. I am actively trying to move one of my RB's for an upgrade at QB where I am pretty hurting right now, so am hoping to snag a RB now to help out when that happens.

Not carrying a 2nd K, TE or DST, will just replace them on their bye weeks as needed. End of bench WR is Malcolm Floyd, who is pretty decent.

Basically I'm trying to figure out whether McGahee, Andre Brown or Williams will be the best bye-week/injury replacement for my starters or even a trade-chip for a team desperate for a good starting RB. This weekend will be a big one to help in figuring out whether that's Andre or Williams but don't think I can afford to wait much longer before making a move to pick up RW.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy View Post
    Starting 2 RB's are McCoy and MoJo, with Forte along with McGahee and Andre Brown. I am actively trying to move one of my RB's for an upgrade at QB where I am pretty hurting right now, so am hoping to snag a RB now to help out when that happens.

Not carrying a 2nd K, TE or DST, will just replace them on their bye weeks as needed. End of bench WR is Malcolm Floyd, who is pretty decent.

Basically I'm trying to figure out whether McGahee, Andre Brown or Williams will be the best bye-week/injury replacement for my starters or even a trade-chip for a team desperate for a good starting RB. This weekend will be a big one to help in figuring out whether that's Andre or Williams but don't think I can afford to wait much longer before making a move to pick up RW.
    In that case I'd look to deal now; though I do think you are OK with Romo. Maybe approach the RG3 owner if he drafted him as his 2nd QB to go with a guy like Rodgers/Brady/Brees/Stafford/Ryan/Newton. He might be willing to deal one of his two QBs for a package deal including McGahee and Floyd. You need to consolidate talent so that you have a "free" roster spot that you can rotate WW players through. Any kind of package deal can get you that. Maybe the 0-3 owners are panicking and willing to dump some of there roster relatively cheap to change things up.

Dobber Sports Icon

1. Great move. You picked the right QB. Dalton is hot right now. Young Baby Hawk Andrew Hawkins has given them a great underneath target and even though he is only getting a handful of targets a game, it's enough to open up the deep throws to AJ Green.

2. I wouldn't. Pitta has the most targets of any tight end through week 3 and is a legitimate TE1 who feels matchup proof to me right now. Celek has the volatile Vick throwing to him and until he can settle down abit, Celek is going to be a bit of a roller coaster ride. I do like Celek, but not as much as Pitta as of this post.

3. Simpson, Burleson, and Hawkins (in that order) are all great pickups right now. LaFell has flashed, but Cam needs to stop thinking so much and play his game. Think of Simpson as a WR2 with low WR1 upside going forward. Burleson is holding off Titus Young for now and in my opinion is a better complement to Megatron. I love YBH. A Redskins player who I can't remember right now tweeted out last week that he is much tougher to play against to Amendola who some have compared him to. YBH has to ability to take a short pass and turn it into a huge play every time he touches the ball. Love this kid.

I would definitely make either of those deals if you can get the owner(s) to bite.

4. I'd personally stick with Philly, but to be honest I don't get attached to team defenses. I prefer to play matchups by looking a couple weeks ahead and grabbing those types of Ds a week early when possible.

Thanks Matt!

Two questions:

- On Pitta, does last night's game change your impression? No receptions, but more importantly no targets! Both Rudolph and Celek are available. Then againd my Hernandez looks to be healing fast and could be ready Week 5 or latest 6 from what I can tell, so not sure it's all that big a deal at this point, I will soon probably ditch the 2nd TE and go with a 5th WR.

- On the WR, Simpson is available, so you are suggesting I drop LaFell for him? I'm not sure but who is YBH? Sorry for the ignorance!

UPDATE:

And now a 3rd question, a guy has offered me the following:

- Spiller for Colston
    - Spiller/Decker for Cruz (or possibly Jones)
    - Spiller for Colston/Hawkins

Would you do any of these? keep in mind that I am in pretty good shape at RB, with Peterson/Lynch/Spiller/McGahee/MBush.

I may counter with:

- Cruz/Martin(TB) for Decker/Spiller/McGahee
    - Cruz/Hawkins for Decker/Spiller
    Last edited by ross10019; September 28, 2012 at 11:51 AM.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Initiate

He must be talking about Hawkins?
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Thanks Matt!

Two questions:

- On Pitta, does last night's game change your impression? No receptions, but more importantly no targets! Both Rudolph and Celek are available. Then againd my Hernandez looks to be healing fast and could be ready Week 5 or latest 6 from what I can tell, so not sure it's all that big a deal at this point, I will soon probably ditch the 2nd TE and go with a 5th WR.

- On the WR, Simpson is available, so you are suggesting I drop LaFell for him? I'm not sure but who is YBH? Sorry for the ignorance!

UPDATE:

And now a 3rd question, a guy has offered me the following:

- Spiller for Colston
    - Spiller/Decker for Cruz (or possibly Jones)
    - Spiller for Colston/Hawkins

Would you do any of these? keep in mind that I am in pretty good shape at RB, with Peterson/Lynch/Spiller/McGahee/MBush.

I may counter with:

- Cruz/Martin(TB) for Decker/Spiller/McGahee
    - Cruz/Hawkins for Decker/Spiller

Pitta's game last night was an anomaly imo. If you played him then you made the right decision. All the components of the matchup were there for Pitta to have a great game. The gamescript just didn't go his way because both Smith and Boldin were having great games and the Cleveland secondary were giving up downfield plays to them. This made the underneath game with Pitta unnecessary. Earlier in the week the Ravens actually came out and started that he is the starting TE going forward, not Dickson so I think he will be fine. Rudolph is still a good option too and if you want to pick him up instead I have no problem with that. With Hernandez out I still think Pitta is the best option (currently) after Graham/Gronk/Gates/Davis.

YBH= Young Baby Hawk = Andrew Hawkins. It's his nickname and I just shortened it. More info about the nickname

I'd lean on the side of keeping Spiller if you can flex him, but if you can turn Spiller and Decker into Julio Jones I say do it. Since it isn't PPR Cruz isn't as valuable, but I'd say having him as your WR2 is still worth it. I would definitely NOT deal Spiller for Colston.

Not sure why the column isn't up yet. You guys will have to bug David about it

Dobber Sports Initiate

Not sure why the column isn't up yet. You guys will have to bug David about it
    hehe been spam refreshing here to see your answer before I go ahead with my trade.
    14 Team Dynasty League
    5 C's, 8 W's, 5 D's, 2G's - 3 Prospects.

Scoring
    F: Goals(3) Assists(2)
    D: Goals(4) Assist(3)
    G: W(3) Saves(0.15) Goal Against(-0.75) Shutout(2)

C: Datsyuk, Grabovski, Backstrom, Bergeron, Bozak
    W: Kovalchuk, Ovechkin, P Kane, Hall, Sharp, Kessel, Nash, Silfverberg
    D: Enstrom, Letang, Kronwall, Faulk, Chara
    G: Miller, Price

IR:
    Prospects: Galchenyuk, Nyquist, Shore