Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pricer's Picks - Week 4

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Pricer's Picks - Week 4

As we end week 3 with what looks to be a great game, start thinking about the uncertainties that lie ahead as we enter week 4. Great discussion last week, let's keep it up!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Hey Pricer,

Dalton or Rivers?

Scoring Passing 50 yds = 1pnt, TD = 6, INT = -2

And at WR which three would you start between:

Gibson STL
    Hartline MIA
    Young DET
    Jeffery CHI
    Edelman NE (waiting on injury update still but presume he is healthy)

scoring is .5 per reception, 20 yds = 1 point, TD = 6 points and 30 return yds = 1 point

Thanks in Advance!
    Last edited by TrueNorth; September 25, 2012 at 3:44 PM.
    12 team Keeper Head to Head: (10 Keepers)
    G,A,P,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,W,SV%,GAA,SO

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

What's this all about?? Do we just ask you NFL fantasy questions Price and you give us your thoughts?? If so, I am sooooo game for this. I could use all the help I can get..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by Leafs2014 View Post
    Hey Pricer,

Dalton or Rivers?

Scoring Passing 50 yds = 1pnt, TD = 6, INT = -2

And at WR which three would you start between:

Gibson STL
    Hartline MIA
    Young DET
    Jeffery CHI
    Edelman NE (waiting on injury update still but presume he is healthy)

scoring is .5 per reception, 20 yds = 1 point, TD = 6 points and 30 return yds = 1 point

Thanks in Advance!
    I believe you asked me this week and I told you Rivers... Sorry about that if you listened to me! This week the Chargers have to play in Arrowhead which is one of the loudest and toughest places to play in the NFL. The Bengals travel to Jacksonville who just gave up 300 yards to Andrew Luck.

Going Dalton this week, but don't feel great about it. For now I would ride the hot hand, but this is going to be a headache decision every week. Both are low end QB1/high QB2 so it really is a coin flip week to week. I think you have to play the matchups when you have two QBs like this. I still think Rivers has the higher upside, but AJ Green is far and away the best target on either team so it's a tough call.

Those WRs are so tough. Can you make a trade? Are you strong at RB? Maybe you can deal Rivers for a WR2 just based on name value. Off the cuff, I'd go Edelman(should be fine health wise), Jeffery, and Young. Hartline likely draws Patrick Peterson this week and Gibson is playing that tough Seattle secondary so both of those are out. Temper your expectations though. Edelman is much more valuable in full point PPR leagues, Young did basically nothing last week until the hail mary play at the end of the game, and Cutler isn't getting enough time to throw to anyone right now. The one thing Jeffery has going for him is that Cutler isn't afraid to just throw it up and Alshon has shown that "my ball" mentality so he isn't afraid to go up and get it.

If you post your entire roster maybe we can figure out a trade to help you with this WR group.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    What's this all about?? Do we just ask you NFL fantasy questions Price and you give us your thoughts?? If so, I am sooooo game for this. I could use all the help I can get..
    Hi Zorro, welcome to the thread. Basically I'm putting out a weekly column on Fridays where I will pick the best questions from the thread and give some deeper thoughts and answers to those questions.

I'll answer most of the WDIS type questions in the forums, but I'm really looking for the deeper issues that affect a larger number of people for the article. So feel free to post your sit/start questions and I will answer them, but be thinking about the bigger picture if you want to make the weekly column.

Last week Dave posted it under the daily ramblings header. I'm not sure how to find the older ramblings but it was posted last Friday September 21st if you want to check it out

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Ponder, Fitzpatrick or Russell Wilson this week?

Quote Originally Posted by The Rattler View Post
    Ponder, Fitzpatrick or Russell Wilson this week?
    Ponder against the street free agent Lions secondary.

Ridley(NE) or Martin(TB) this week??
    1pt for 10yds and 6pt for TD

Ridley(NE) or Martin(TB) this week??
    1pt for 10yds and 6pt for TD
    Doug Martin and not close against a depleted Redskins defense. He is clearly the feature back and should be considered a low end RB1/high end RB2 going forward.

Ridley all of the sudden has some cracks in his armor. Against the Ravens in week 3 Woodhead received 15 carries to Ridley's 13. After two weeks of Stevan Ridley getting the lion's share of the workload, we are now back to not knowing how the work will be split among the Patriots plethora of backs.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks...took Ponder....Do you think Ponder will be a reliable QB2 thru-out season in a 10 team 2QB league?

Dobber Sports Icon

Series of questions for you Matt.

Dropped Freeman for Dalton (Fitzpatrick was also available), to backup Brady, good move?

I have a chance to pick up Celek (have Hernandez injured and for now am using Pitta), would you drop Pitta for Celek?

I have LaFell as my WR4 (A Johnson, Decker, Garcon are my top 3), should I drop him for Hawkins, Simpson, Avery or Burleson? I am trying to make a 2 for 1 trade to pick up a big time WR (Cruz or Jones) offering up Decker and McGahee (or M Bush), hope it goes through, but if not I may do Bowe for Decker/Bush.

Finally, would you drop Philly D for Atlanta D? Scoring cats are compleated Yahoo cats, 6 pts for D TD, 1 pts for sack, 2 pts for fumbles and interceptions, and sliding scale based on pts against (10 pts for 0 pts against, to -4 pts for 35+ pts against).

Thanks!
    Last edited by ross10019; September 26, 2012 at 11:32 AM.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

I have both Celek and Pitta actually Ross.. Pitta has been thrown to 31 times in 3 games thus far, which is very promising.. Celek had that huge game against Arizona and thats about it.. I would roll with Pitta, 31 targets in 3 games, HUGE..

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    I believe you asked me this week and I told you Rivers... Sorry about that if you listened to me! This week the Chargers have to play in Arrowhead which is one of the loudest and toughest places to play in the NFL. The Bengals travel to Jacksonville who just gave up 300 yards to Andrew Luck.

Going Dalton this week, but don't feel great about it. For now I would ride the hot hand, but this is going to be a headache decision every week. Both are low end QB1/high QB2 so it really is a coin flip week to week. I think you have to play the matchups when you have two QBs like this. I still think Rivers has the higher upside, but AJ Green is far and away the best target on either team so it's a tough call.

Those WRs are so tough. Can you make a trade? Are you strong at RB? Maybe you can deal Rivers for a WR2 just based on name value. Off the cuff, I'd go Edelman(should be fine health wise), Jeffery, and Young. Hartline likely draws Patrick Peterson this week and Gibson is playing that tough Seattle secondary so both of those are out. Temper your expectations though. Edelman is much more valuable in full point PPR leagues, Young did basically nothing last week until the hail mary play at the end of the game, and Cutler isn't getting enough time to throw to anyone right now. The one thing Jeffery has going for him is that Cutler isn't afraid to just throw it up and Alshon has shown that "my ball" mentality so he isn't afraid to go up and get it.

If you post your entire roster maybe we can figure out a trade to help you with this WR group.
    Thanks Pricer, no worries on the Rivers play I had him in and felt confident he would have at least put some points up in the +++. LOL.

My Team:

QB Rivers and Dalton, WR Wallace PITT, Young DET, Jeffery CHI, Gibson STL, Edelmen NE, Hartline MIA. TE Gronk. RB Forte and Bush, Ridley and Vereen NE, D. Wislon DAL. Vincent Brown IR. Arizona D.

I have been trying to deal all season with no luck, don't have much to work with here.
    Last edited by TrueNorth; September 28, 2012 at 2:59 PM.
    12 team Keeper Head to Head: (10 Keepers)
    G,A,P,+/-,PPP,GWG,PIM,W,SV%,GAA,SO

Duchene - C,
    Marleau, Benn, Ovy - LW
    Eberle,P.Kane, - RW
    Green, Yandle - D
    Price, Rinne - G

Dobber Sports Icon

I have both Celek and Pitta actually Ross.. Pitta has been thrown to 31 times in 3 games thus far, which is very promising.. Celek had that huge game against Arizona and thats about it.. I would roll with Pitta, 31 targets in 3 games, HUGE..

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too, and Dickson (the other Ravens TE) is getting very few targets this year. Pitta's also best buddies with Flacco, which often makes a difference.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking too, and Dickson (the other Ravens TE) is getting very few targets this year. Pitta's also best buddies with Flacco, which often makes a difference.
    Definitely makes a difference.. Look at how close Manning and Dallas Clark got in Indy and how Clark became Peyton's fav target..