Thread: Frolov Assist?

Dobber Sports Recruit

Default Frolov Assist?

Did Frolov deserve an assist on the 2nd goal in yesterdays game?
    It didnt look like the Mtl d-man had control of the puck before it went to Osullivan and on to Kopitar for the goal.

It sounds stupid but its the difference between me in or out of the playoffs

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Frolov Assist?

I would describe the Frolov assist as questionable, but probably deserved. An argument could be made either for or against. The Montreal defenseman failed to corral the puck initially. Then, when he finally did swipe at it, O\'sullivan wedged his stick in the area of the puck... It\'s not completely clear whether the Montreal defenseman made contact with the puck or O\'Sullivan\'s stick blade (or a combination of the two). Since the puck didn\'t really go far, it\'s not unreasonable for the official scorer to rule that possession remained with the Kings. However, that is quite a frustrating play to miss the playoffs on!

By the way, did anyone see Jeff Carter\'s goal yesterday. It appeared that the goal definitely belonged to Scottie Upshall, who banked it off of the Defenseman and Goallie from behind the net. It is obvious that Carter was not even close to touching the puck. I hope that one didn\'t cost anyone a playoff spot, because it was even worse, in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Master

Default Frolov Assist?

either way, the nhl determines if its a point or not
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino