Thread: Yahoo RECAPs: Pretty Cool

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Yahoo RECAPs: Pretty Cool

Has anybody noticed that the H2H match-ups in Yahoo! now include a RECAP a day or two after the week is ended. Fantasy football is so big now that they've put in the time to have some computer model the H2H match into a full write-up. It's pretty funny to read. It will identify the players that did well and compare them to who you could have started and how others did.

It's pretty cool.
    And it feels like somebody is complimenting or trash-talking your decision-making!!!

An example from the DobberFootballFFL Week1:

The Frisky Hobbit Gets Victory Against Discount Doublecheck

The Frisky Hobbit (1-0) 77.68 - Discount Doublecheck (0-1) 66.12
    The Frisky Hobbit (1-0, 77.68 points) found a way to defeat Discount Doublecheck, 77.68 - 66.12, despite finishing with just the 13th-highest point total in the league this week. The matchup was difficult for Discount Doublecheck (0-1, 66.12 points), who not only lost, but also ended up dead last in the league in points. Tony Romo (24.48 points) scored the third-highest total in the league this week for The Frisky Hobbit.

The Frisky Hobbit Smooth Moves

Tony Romo put up 24.48 points, which was the third-highest score in the league this week.
    Rob Gronkowski had the third-highest TE score in the league this week with 12.00 points.
    5 of the 9 starters on The Frisky Hobbit exceeded their projected points.
    By scoring 13.30 points, Miles Austin beat his 10.99 projected points by 21.0%.
    Even with both of their RBs falling short of their projected scores, The Frisky Hobbit still won.

Discount Doublecheck Regret Tracker

Had a chance to start Lance Moore, who outdid his scoring projection of 7.57 points by scoring 18.00 points.
    7 of the 9 starters scored less than their projected points.
    The WRs on Discount Doublecheck let them down, resulting in a 23.60 - 11.70 difference at the position.
    Discount Doublecheck could have used more points from the TE position, where The Frisky Hobbit beat them 12.00 - 4.30.
    With 3.40 points, Greg Jennings scored only 32.8% of his 10.35 projected point total.
    What If

*The Frisky Hobbit would not have beaten any other team in the league besides Discount Doublecheck this week.
    *If The Frisky Hobbit had scored 44.59 more points, they would have beaten all teams in the league this week.
    *Discount Doublecheck would have lost to every other team in the league this week.
    *Discount Doublecheck would have needed an additional 56.15 points to beat all teams in the league this week.

*Game Notes

*This matchup featured the two lowest-scoring teams in the league this week. (haha, I thought this was funny that it pointed this out!!!)
    *The Frisky Hobbit got 4.60 points from their RBs this week, the lowest combined scoring output from the RB position for any team this week.
    *Discount Doublecheck got 11.70 points from their WRs, the lowest combined scoring output from the WR position for any team this week.
    *The Frisky Hobbit was able to win despite putting up the smallest point total of any winning team in the league this week.
    *The 11.56-point margin of victory by The Frisky Hobbit was the third-biggest win in the league this week.
    *Discount Doublecheck lost, but Aaron Rodgers played well, scoring 23.82 points to rank fourth in the league in scoring.
    *The New England Patriots Defense tried to help Discount Doublecheck in the loss, beating their scoring projection by 71.7%, scoring 16.00 points versus a 9.32-point projection.
    *Fred Jackson was on the winning team, but only scored 1.50 points against his projected 11.79.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Very cool feature. And it even aids my own trash talking because last week I found myself just copying and pasting excerpts from it and texting them to my buddy that I beat.

Also Pengwin......you're going down!!!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Also Pengwin......you're going down!!!
    Not. a. chance.