Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pricer's Picks - Week 3

Dobber Sports Pro

Default CJ Spiller's trade value - 1st rounder too much?

Hey Pricer, posted this another thread but thought I'd post it here too

A GM in my pool who has started the year is 0-2 has said he'd unload Spiller if offered a 1st rounder (won't do it for anything less or add in another player as Spiller would be his keeper so he's pretty firm on the price). I'm contemplating making this offer.

It's a PPR 12-team, keep 2 league, so that'll give you an idea of what that 1st will exactly be. My two keepers are Megatron and Foster so I (more than likely) wouldn't keep Spiller beyond this year, just use his (hopefully great) value this year to lead me to the promised land. Would you unload a 1st for him, or do you think that's too risky of a deal given the fact FJax will be back in a couple of weeks. I'm also thinking that if I trade my 1st I might be better off unloading it for a WR instead of a RB given my current team, or if I do this deal, I could always trade K.Smith/A.Morris for WR help.

Here's my current team:
    QB - Brees
    RB - Foster
    RB - K.Smith
    FLEX - A.Morris
    WR - Megatron
    WR - Maclin
    WR - Blackmon
    TE - Celek
    ----
    RB BN - D.Wilson, R.Jennings
    WR BN - M.Williams(TB), M.Manningham S.Moss, R.Streater
    TE BN - Witten

Thanks!
    12 teams h-to-h partial keeper league. Daily line-up changes.
    End of the year u keep 1C, 2W, 2D, 1G
    Categories: G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FW, W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    Lineup: 2C, 4W, 4D, 2G, 5Bench, 2IR

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    I'm one of those unlucky Hernandez owners (ugh).

My guess is he's out for 6 weeks minimum.

Whose the best replacement out of:

Pitta
    Rudolph
    Marcedes Lewis
    Chandler

Changing my stance on this one after doing some more research. be sure to check out the column on Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    Murray is going to have a monster game.
    so when my RB's are foster, murray and spiller and we only start 2 and have no flex spot, i should be playing foster and murray here?

Quote Originally Posted by chowder View Post
    so when my RB's are foster, murray and spiller and we only start 2 and have no flex spot, i should be playing foster and murray here?
    Wow, that's an amazing problem to have. You'll be happy with the production from all 3, but I actually have Spiller as the #1 overall RB play this week in PPR leagues and Foster as #3. Really though it's a coinflip and you should play the two you prefer. You can make an argument that Spiller loses some value in non-ppr, but he is still a top five play in all formats. If Spiller kills it again this week I would look at trading one of the three for an upgrade elsewhere since you will never be able to start all 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Leafs2014 View Post
    Thanks Pricer, one more for you Rivers or Dalton this week? WSH is giving up a ton of passing TD's and they are banged up to boot.

Passing 50 yds = 1pnt, TD = 6
    Tough call but I have to stick with Rivers. He has the higher ceiling in what will likely be a higher scoring game against the Falcons. Dalton has a higher fllor though if you would rather play it safe.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketRockets05 View Post
    Hey Pricer, posted this another thread but thought I'd post it here too

A GM in my pool who has started the year is 0-2 has said he'd unload Spiller if offered a 1st rounder (won't do it for anything less or add in another player as Spiller would be his keeper so he's pretty firm on the price). I'm contemplating making this offer.

It's a PPR 12-team, keep 2 league, so that'll give you an idea of what that 1st will exactly be. My two keepers are Megatron and Foster so I (more than likely) wouldn't keep Spiller beyond this year, just use his (hopefully great) value this year to lead me to the promised land. Would you unload a 1st for him, or do you think that's too risky of a deal given the fact FJax will be back in a couple of weeks. I'm also thinking that if I trade my 1st I might be better off unloading it for a WR instead of a RB given my current team, or if I do this deal, I could always trade K.Smith/A.Morris for WR help.

Here's my current team:
    QB - Brees
    RB - Foster
    RB - K.Smith
    FLEX - A.Morris
    WR - Megatron
    WR - Maclin
    WR - Blackmon
    TE - Celek
    ----
    RB BN - D.Wilson, R.Jennings
    WR BN - M.Williams(TB), M.Manningham S.Moss, R.Streater
    TE BN - Witten

Thanks!
    This one will be discussed in the article on Friday at greater length.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Price View Post
    Murray is going to have a monster game. My #2 RB this week so he is in. Morris has to be in. Despite less than 100 yards and no touchdowns, he actually ran BETTER in week 2 than he did in week 1. Andre Brown ran hard and as long as Bradshaw is out I would throw him in your flex. I do think that Charles bounces back this week against the Saints, but you definitely don't feel good about him. Charles definitely has the highest ceiling of your RBs after Murray, so if you have a tough matchup and you think playing it safe isn't going to get you a win, I would go ahead with Charles in the flex.

Receivers are easy. Green and LaFell and don't even think about it. Even if Maclin plays (which I don't think he will) he could reaggravate the injury again, just like last week. Despite his game last week Amendola is still a flex play at best in non-ppr leagues and you have much better flex options.
    Solid points, Mr. Price. My gut has been telling me all week to fit Brown in between him, Morris and Charles. Good thing I did so. Nearly one hundred yards and a TD in one half. wow! I'm sure i'll waffle the rest of the week on Morris vs. Charles now...lol. Still the same, thanks for the advice.

If Brown keeps this up, Bradshaw may get another week of rest.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury