Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Help out an NFL newbie?

Dobber Sports Stud

Thanks guys - a lot of time and effort - much appreciated. A lot of food for thought.

I'm not thinking about trading Graham (for now at least). I realize that there are vastly different opinions on picking him as early as I did - for what it's worth, I followed Mark Berry's article for my draft strategy (http://espn.go.com/espn/print?id=8048797&type=story) and my friend told me he thinks Barry is an idiot - so who knows.

Week 1 my team put up the 5th most points (out of 12 guys in the pool) which gives me hope. I'm not thinking all is lost even though my thread title may have suggested that. More looking for advice on some depth moves rather than major overall moves - and your posts have given me a lot of food for thought. I'll try to stay away from the flavour of the week WR and instead focus on some RB that could turn into something - I'm particularly intrigued by David Wilson (as a couple of you have suggested) as he seemed to be ranked pretty high and went in the 10th round in our pool but was dropped right after the draft (not sure why). And I'm leaning towards dropping Jennings to pick him up.

I'll keep in mind Morris and Moreno too.

I will definitely also keep in mind that it would be a good idea to make a trade to upgrade my RB.

Our waiver setting is "Resets each week to inverse order of standings" so not sure if I need to worry about messing up my priority.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."

Dobber Sports Stud

Just wanted to update that I was able to pick up Wilson and Moreno and I dropped Jennings and Taiwan Jones. Neither of the pickups will factor into my starting lineup for week 2, but I'm happy with these depth moves. Thanks all.
    24teams;27players(20roster,7bench)dynasty(full keeper);
    Cap league based on NHL salaries (not cap hit);
    pool points:
    F/C: G 4pts; A 4pts; +/- 2pts
    D(min5,max9): G 8pts; A 5pts; +/- 4pts
    G(min2,max3): W 9pts; OTL 5pts; SO 4pts
    extra points for PPP

F:Kucherov,Kessel,Thornton,Galchenyuk,Hornqvist,Tr ochek,Atkinson,Jenner,SamBennett,Namestnikov,Point ,DShore,ZSanford,DStrome,ANylander,Guentzel,Kapane n,Kamenev
    D:Klingberg,Vatanen,Krug,Stralman,Pulock,Hanifin,W alman
    G:Fleury,Murray

"It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever."