Dobber Sports Genius

Default sim hockey

donpaulo wrote:
    of course free

www.apbahockey.com
    And how does it work ?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default sim hockey

Just to clarify, the FHLsim league I play in is not a single player game. There are 30 GMs in it.

This other sim is a single player game?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default sim hockey

doulos wrote:
    Just to clarify, the FHLsim league I play in is not a single player game. There are 30 GMs in it.

This other sim is a single player game?
    the \"other\" sim is for any many or as few as you want.

I play in a few leagues.

one league has 12 members. The link to the league I posted on the first page has 24 teams. You can also solo it if you wish.

I think eastside simply pumps out results and stats. APBA is a true sim. It sims the lines, the resulting move of the puck from backboards to sideboards, up the middle and in the paint.

I think it comes pretty close to what Stratomatic gives, except its free.

how does it work ?

download it. (you will need the sim and aphcomm which is a great utility that allows you to see your players and drag and drop them into their lines)

install it

find some league files such as the 81 season. That is great one. Or if you like modern stuff last years NHL season disk is available. The 82 draft is going to have the cannon Al Mac, Scott Stevens, Dave Andreychuk not to mention some other great names too.

setup your lines, choose the forechecking numbers, the physicality and players you want for your PP, your PK your 4 lines.

export the file(s)

open the sim

sim the game

enjoy the results

tweak the lines

repeat

enjoy again

there is another league which is making every season from 1917 or thereabouts to the present available. We are building it from scratch and its freeware.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Guru

Default sim hockey

haha, i like how his league lists 6 divisions: 3 us, 2 canadian, and 1 scandinavian

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default sim hockey

put me down for eastside. I\'ve played since the original (ridiculously easy, couldnt lose) and I\'ve also played the last 2 or 3 versions and have loved them. Not nearly as much of a walk in the park as the original. I\'ve wanted to get into a sim for a while just not sure if I have the time. Does it take more dedication than a normal pool?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default sim hockey

my league has 28 teams, expanding to thirty soon. Just like the real NHL with rules, games are simmed usually every two or so nights.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified

Dobber Sports Pro

Default sim hockey

donpaulo wrote:

I think eastside simply pumps out results and stats. APBA is a true sim. It sims the lines, the resulting move of the puck from backboards to sideboards, up the middle and in the paint.
    Except Eastside does that too? I watch and coach each of my team\'s games in Eastside. I manage the practices, I set the tactics, I set the lines, I match lines, and every time I play Washington, I have Robyn Regehr shadow Kovalchuk.

Of course, if you\'re just setting lines (and letting the AI coaches deal with everything else) and simming away, then things get somewhat boring, and it does kind of seem like it\'s just the score of the game and a bunch of unrelated stats.

If I have any beef at all with EHM, it\'s...well, either the broken morale system, or how over the past few seasons where my team has dominated, my 132 point total isn\'t considered last year\'s highest. Apparently Chicago\'s 108 was. Probably just a glitch.

But APBA also sounds like a hell-tonne of fun. I\'ll be checking it out.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default sim hockey

yah it\'s not perfect, especially some of the glitches in the record book. They also tend to make some weird choices, although that got fixed with the latest patch, e.g. the Penguins no longer decline to match an offer for Malkin as an RFA.

Personally I like to play as a bit of a medling GM. I set the lines sometimes but I\'m primarily there to manage the farm, sign fa\'s, draft and make trades. I dont control training and dont always set the lines, unless I think my coach is being an imbecile. I hire my coaches and assistant coaches based on this criteria. That\'s part of the reason I like EHM because you can get as involved as you want to.