Thread: Biggest Team of "What Ifs" EVER

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Biggest Team of "What Ifs" EVER

Had my 2nd draft tonight and things just took a bad turn when I signed in and found out I was 11th of 12. Then things took another turn when Rodgers, Brady, Brees and Stafford went in the top 8.

Here is my team made up of potentially awesome players:

QB: Ryan, Palmer
    RB: Lynch, Martin, Tate, Royster, D. Brown
    WR: J. Jones, Nelson, Bowe, Little, Young, Blackmon,
    TE: Cook, Olsen
    DEF: Detroit
    K: Kaeding
    D: V. Miller
    DB: K. Rhodes
    DL: JJ Watt

Rep to anyone who makes me feel better

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Had my 2nd draft tonight and things just took a bad turn when I signed in and found out I was 11th of 12. Then things took another turn when Rodgers, Brady, Brees and Stafford went in the top 8.

Here is my team made up of potentially awesome players:

QB: Ryan, Palmer
    RB: Lynch, Martin, Tate, Royster, D. Brown
    WR: J. Jones, Nelson, Bowe, Little, Young, Blackmon,
    TE: Cook, Olsen
    DEF: Detroit
    K: Kaeding
    D: V. Miller
    DB: K. Rhodes
    DL: JJ Watt

Rep to anyone who makes me feel better

Haha, your team isn't that bad at all. You do have a lot of what if's but at the same time you have yourself some nice wr's. You can wait until a big week from nelson or bowe and sell them off for a rb1 to a wr needy team.

I won't sugar coat it, I would've taken someone other than lynch with my 1st (assuming that's who you took). Be sure to get on your waiver wire and grab Turbin though.

I like your boom or bust TE's. One in a contract year the other has great rapport with his qb. You'll be fine.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post

I won't sugar coat it, I would've taken someone other than lynch with my 1st (assuming that's who you took). Be sure to get on your waiver wire and grab Turbin though.
    Ugggh I know. I was in a bad spot. Other choices on the board were Forte (who I wish I went for), AP, Jamaal, Richardson and Murray.

Who would you drop to get Turbin? Royster?
    Last edited by hockeyrobot; August 29, 2012 at 9:18 AM.

Dobber Sports Genius

I know how you feel anout finding out last minute that you have a late round 1st pick, in my draft I found out 15 mins before the start of the draft that I was drafting 14 out 14 teams!
    Your team is missing some of the sexy names in football but your team will be ok as you have some solid guys who can produces who sometimes go un noticed.
    Your strongest position is you WR's spots. Just like The whale said you should be able to sell high on at least one of your WR and get a solid RB in return.
    Derek Reese - Future Hall of Famer

14 Team NHL Salary Cap Dynasty
    H2H, Salary Cap 108 Mil, Player actual salaries
    1 Week scoring period
    G,A,PTS,GWG,PIM,SOG,STP,HT,BL,+/-,W,GAA,SV,SO
    Starters: 12 Forwards, 6 Defense, 2 Goalies

F - Marchand, Marner, Marchessault, Stamkos, Tuch, Comtois, Farabee, Bennett, McCann, W. Nylander, Nugent-Hopkins, Kapanen
    D - Barrie, Oleksiak, Suter, Gudbranson, Savard, Lyubushkin, Ferraro
    G - Saros, Rittich

Bench - Mittelstadt, Reimer, Roslovic, Keller, Reaves, Toews
    Prospects - Byfield, Mercer, Veleno, Chmelevski, Tippett, Comrie, Tomasino, Valimaki, Gustavsson, Wolf

Dobber Sports Demi-God

What were your first 4 rounds of picks?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Starting at 11th overall....

Lynch
    Julio
    Nelson
    Martin

I took Lynch and Julio with Murray, Charles, AP, Matthews and MJD still on the board. Kind of wishing I went two RB first since there is such depth at WR....but every RB has so many question marks!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ugggh I know. I was in a bad spot. Other choices on the board were Forte (who I wish I went for), AP, Jamaal, Richardson and Murray.

Who would you drop to get Turbin? Royster?

I would certainly drop Royster for Turbin. Before you take/consider my advice know this, I have two rules in fantasy football.

1) Let the ACL guys be somebody else's gamble
    2) Never draft a Shanny back. It's just a headache.

I make up rules as I go along. These are my two faves for this draft season.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Starting at 11th overall....

Lynch
    Julio
    Nelson
    Martin

I took Lynch and Julio with Murray, Charles, AP, Matthews and MJD still on the board. Kind of wishing I went two RB first since there is such depth at WR....but every RB has so many question marks!
    Ouch. I probably would have gone Charles or Murray over Lynch. Ironically, I own both...lol, but I think they're better alternatives. I would have even taken a chance on MJD. I would have been fine with Lynch after those 3 and taking him ahead of Matthews and AP.

You were right to go RB before WR, due to depth. Unfortunately, I think you missed on the backs, my friend. Is Wilson (NYG) out there? If so, make room for him as Bradshaw is very fragile. Also, watch Det's situation. They are trying to trade for a RB. Good luck.
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default For myself

wishing I went two RB first since there is such depth at WR....but every RB has so many question marks!
    THIS quote is genius - get your RB early, or a pile late, because the stuff in the middle isn't all that great and people seem to be reaching for players at this point in 2012 drafts.

I don't care where you get 'em, but a pack of Steven Ridleys and Kevin Smiths late with the absolute studs you can get earlier OR the MJD's and AP's of the world with WR you can pile on later is looking like a good gameplan in 2012. Doing WR first, then RB then coming back to find anything other than WR or RB is a bit of a mess. Secure a top 5-7 QB, Secure a top 5-6 TE, Secure the best studs you can find at RB or WR early and then get a pile of whatever you missed out on (RB or WR) from rounds 6-12.

Quality in one area, quantity in another

Good luck!

(And your team is pretty solid, though your DB choice is odd - what rules do you use to make him a good choice? Are you using points for tackles, int's, passes defensed, tackles for loss, or ??? How complex are your IDP rules?)

And yes, I would have taken RB early with what you had in front of you - your WR are way deep. So? Fix it - make a trade!

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    I would certainly drop Royster for Turbin. Before you take/consider my advice know this, I have two rules in fantasy football.

1) Let the ACL guys be somebody else's gamble
    2) Never draft a Shanny back. It's just a headache.

I make up rules as I go along. These are my two faves for this draft season.
    I agree. I innately knew rule #2, which is more like my rule # 1, for years and abided by it. For some reason, a couple of seasons ago, I ignored it for a ride on the Torrain train... Boy did I get clowned, stuck juggling backs all season. For me, Shanny is the NFL's version of Torts (NYG) - Fantasy BASTARDS!
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Dyv View Post
    (And your team is pretty solid, though your DB choice is odd - what rules do you use to make him a good choice? Are you using points for tackles, int's, passes defensed, tackles for loss, or ??? How complex are your IDP rules?)
    IDP Im literally lost in the ocean. No clue who to pick and I never go for the high ranked guys. Here are our points:

Tackle= 1
    Sack= 3
    INT= 3
    Fumble Force= 3
    Fumble Recov= 1
    Safety = 3
    TD= 6
    Pass Defend= 1
    Block kick= 4

Any suggestions for guys that I should look for?

Dobber Sports Immortal

Just bumping this in case any one else has some lovely suggestions for some IDP guys for me.

Hate IDP.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I love your starting WR, and your RB are pretty solid. From camp reports Cook and Olsen are both being groomed for bigger roles in each of there offense so there is some upside there. Ryan should be solid this year and be passing a lot. Julio is going to be a stud this year and Roddy White should be better simply because Julio will get all the attension. I think Ryan will easily be a top 10 finish while flirting with top 5 status.