Listen, I make trades that are obvious wins for me right now, and obvious wins for other people in the future.
I trade away draft picks to compensate for the difference in players.

For example, I would trade horcoff and a 2nd rounder for Kariya... I win right now, the guy with kariya doesn\'t get utterly crap back, but gains a pick as well to compensate.

In regards to players such as mueller, dubinsky etc. They ARE going to be stars in this league, so it\'s only fair to consider them like that. For rebuilding guys it\'s great to pick up a guy like that, for an older proven guy and pick up a draft pick to compensate.

Not to mention Cammaleri. This guy is a ppg player, or if you think that\'s crazy fine a 75 pt player. So why would everyone else consider him as a 50 pt player. I wouldn\'t trade him for anything less. He\'s young, he\'s done the 80pt thing before, plays on a better team.

Last but not least....

I never even make any offers that include heatley or malkin in it, because I have no desire to trade them. That\'s why I don\'t ask for ovechkin or lecavalier etc.
Then when I inquire about hartnell who\'s on the block, I get offers that include hartnell, bouchard, boyle for heatley, krejci, doughty.

That\'s the insulting things that I have to deal with constantly.

I don\'t have any problems with paying in forms of picks what\'s however but I am not going to give up (for example) daniel sedin and a draft pick for kariya, because then there\'s no point of the trade, other than the other guy wins now and later.

The whole point of trading to me is that one person wins now, the other person in the future. Or if it applies the trade is equal but just different players for the hell of it

Dutch

p.s. Sorry that this thread has a couple of personal posts in it