Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: An Expert\'s Audit - Submissions Needed

I...am your father.

Default An Expert\'s Audit - Submissions Needed

We are looking for submissions to have your keeper league team audited/fixed by our expert Ian Fergusson. This time we need teams from those leagues that continue trading through the end of March and count the NHL postseason.

Send submissions to [email protected]

B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

I...am your father.

For samples of Ian\'s work, check out:

An Expert\'s Audit
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Stud

thank you Dobber for posting this.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Get those submissions in everyone. Ian does a great job and it\'s great to read.

I\'m in no leagues that include the postseason sadly

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Ian has been helping me the last week or so and it has been greatly appreciated!! So if you need a little advice or a push in the right direction I would send an email off to him immediately!! Thanks for the help so far Ian!!
    18T-Roto(13/yr)
    Sal:$1000
    PPG,PPA,G,A,PTS,SOG,PIM,+/-,GAA,S,S%,W
    F-Keller(42)Larkin(70)Zibanejed(102)Dvorak(20)RNH(11 4)Zacha(20)Seguin(20)PKane(220)Trochek(40)
    D-Theodore(20)TSmith(20)Hronek(38)Giordano(82)Lundkv ist(1)
    G-Shesterkin(20)
    R-MAF(20)Meier(29)Backstrom(1)Krebs(1)Radulov(75)Per unovich(1)
    16T-H2H(16/yr)
    Sal:$300
    A5 G5 DG5 GWG10 PIM1 PPP5 SHOG5 SOG1
    GA-5 L-7 S1 W10
    C-Barkov(65)Kuznetsov(15)Petterssen(8)
    LW-Ehlers(27)Panarin(27)Raymond(1)
    RW-Konecny(9)Hoffman(14)Kempe(1)
    D-Werenski(17)Klinger(46)Girard(8)TSmith(1)Yandle(22 )
    G-Saros(6)
    R-Turcotte(1)Holtz(1)Bean(1)Norris(5)Comtois(5)Roman ov(5)Addison(1)WEklund(1)

Dobber Sports Genius

great read and interesting insight on how to adjust a team.
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Ace

Hey Ian, have you ever revisited a team that you helped the previous season or do you prefer fresh blood each month??
    12 Team H2H keeper league
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, Hits, GWG & SOG. W, GAA, SV% & SHO
    Daily changes, Start: 3C 3LW 3RW 6D 1F 2W 2G - 10 Bench

Dobber Sports Stud

ah Shakespeare i believe (James N right?).

i\'d be willing to look around at a team again but not for a full EA option again. i do weekly reviews on my blog so i\'d certainly look at something like that. go ahead and contact and your name goes in the queue again.

Dobber Sports Ace

I\'d be in ! In the meantime, would I be giving up too much on this:
    My 2 Sedins + Karya + Michalek + Afinogenov + Cheechoo 4 his Ovechkin, Corvo, Brassard, S. Kostitsyn + Arnott + Olesz ? Thanks Shallow and all.
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Dobber Sports Stud

that\'s a huge deal Stephane but i\'ve got to think that i\'d want the AO side. i\'d do that one.

Banned

My team could use an audit, but the players in my league are too stubborn to make trades. I offered horcoff for zherdev, and got made a fool of. The other guy wants a 1st rounder with that. So I don\'t think my team is going to improve much unless I trade Malkin or Heatley and get very little to no improvement back

Dobber Sports Ace

Thanks once again Shallow, you reassure me.
    My keeper squad on this 10 team, no positional requirement league (except 1 goalie and 1 NHL team). Points only: Parise, Kopitar, Hemsky, Brunette, J Staal, Okposo, Doan, Roy, O.Jokinen, Giroux, Krejci, Oshie, Eberle, Little, Filpulla, Steen, Filatov, Hudler, H.Lundqvist, + NHL Team LA.

Dobber Sports Stud

Dutch wrote:
    My team could use an audit, but the players in my league are too stubborn to make trades. I offered horcoff for zherdev, and got made a fool of. The other guy wants a 1st rounder with that. So I don\'t think my team is going to improve much unless I trade Malkin or Heatley and get very little to no improvement back
    if it\'s any consolation Dutch, you\'re not the fool in this scenario. you actually offered more than enough to get the deal done, arguably too much.

Banned

thanks shallow

that\'s the kind of people I\'m dealing with all the time...

No one wants to trade me anything unless I give up malkin or heatley, or a huge overpayment.

My players are always undervalued, and theirs (like zherdev) are way overvalued.

It\'s kind of frustrating.

I do need a topnotch goalie, but I am not sure if it would be smart to part ways with a heatley or malkin to obtain a lundqvist or luongo kind a guy.

What do you think?

Dobber Sports Ace

shallowfrozenwater wrote:
    [quote]Dutch wrote:
    if it\'s any consolation Dutch, you\'re not the fool in this scenario. you actually offered more than enough to get the deal done, arguably too much.[/quote

I thought that this one was entertaining. Dutch is widely known to the GM that is always throwing out offers that are borderline insulting. Horcoff and 1st rounder for Zheredev is not something I would pay (I don\'t like trading away my picks) but it is a much more realistic offer that any offer I have ever seen from you Dutch. Stop and ask why Heatly and Malkin are the only players other GM\'s want to talk to about. Their value is agreed upon. When people approach you about Dubinsky, instead of trading him while he is hot you state that he is a future star. When people inquire about Cammalleri, you tell him he is a 80-90 pointer and want that sort of compensation. Your Perry? He is a future star and will be a 90 pointer... Mueller same story. When you had 1/2 of the Sedins, you said \"I think he is going to have a great year so I want a young 85 point guy for him\"... The only players you ever want to trade are the players you picked up off the FA the day before. This morning, I had offered you Langkow and Joe Thornton for Malkin and Langkow. I did not have time for my screen to load back to \"My team\" in yahoo before it was rejected and I did not ever know you were online. There was no consideration or any counter. You ONLY ever want to do a deal unless you know you are going to win the deal beyond a shadow of a doubt. That is not a deal. That is exploitation. I noticed you tend to complain a whole lot on Dobber about the GM\'s in our league, but maybe you should start posting some of your offers on here eh?

No sympathy for you Dutch. Maybe if you stopped initiating your negotiations by saying \"look, your team sucks, and I have a shot at competing vs Jordan\'s team this year but I only need one more guy\" you would get a better response. What you have to realize when you trade...A) You can either trade for points this year and in the process weaken your \"Keeper players\" or you can strengthen your \"Keeper players\" but you will have to give up points this year. You can\'t have both. That beings said...Good luck with the audit. Our league is neither a post season league, nor a complete keeper. But I hope you get the audit anyway. Maybe some expert advice will give your tact and trading methodology a wake up call.

Cheers. B)
    2010-2011 Team Try Hard League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Pirate League Champion
    2009-2010 Dobber Elite League Champion

I'm the best! Dutch is the Worst.