Thread: Fantasy Hockey Player Rankings?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Fantasy Hockey Player Rankings?

As some of you may know, Im creating a fantasy hockey keeper league next year.

I have had a hard time finding a site that has player rankings including goaltenders and dmen as well as the players and prospects...I want to have my own little mock draft to prepare myself with each pick I may have. Dobbers list is alright, I suppose, but I don\'t agree with where the dmen are in the top 300 and the tenders aren\'t included.

I just want a list that might prove to be the actual draft results(i.e. Crosby, Ovechkin, Thornton, Malkin, Spezza, Luongo, Lundqvist....Gaborik, Lidstrom, Gonchar, Bouchard, etc...).

Anyone know what I mean? Anyone know of such a site that has such a ranking?

Much appreciated,
    Ben
    The League in London (20 Team Multi-Cat H2H $100 Dynasty League) - Season 11
    ... In memory of "The Net Detective"
    C Pinto kDach Hayton Roy / Lowry Bjugstad Blueger Carrick
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    Werenski Hronek Power Guhle McCabe Roy / Gudas Raddysh Pachal Evans Cormier
    G
    Swayman / Hill Mrazek Ivanov Kokko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Dobber gave an excellent explanation as to why he doesn\'t include goaltenders in the player rankings in the summer.

You should have two seperate lists on draft day. One for skaters, and one for goalies. If you don\'t have two lists you\'ll draft goalies either too early or too late.
    Today is the tomorrow I worried about yesterday.

Dobber Sports Master

I always have 3 lists.

Forwards, D and Goalies.
    I also seperate each list into tiers.

Dobber\'s rankings and pool guide are the best guide to drafting and give me the ability to set up my tiers. A straight list of drafting players is not the way to draft.

The key to good drafting is filling the correct holes at the right time, not picking up the best available player.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Sage

Waow. 2 replies and neither answers my question.

I SAID that I want a mock draft list that will probably end up being the draft results next year. I dont want to have to go through all the work of fitting the tenders and dmen into the list somewhere. I want a fantasy hockey player rankings list that includes EVERY POSITION. Im not blind nor stupid as I too have 4 seperate lists coming into draft day (players, dmen, goales, prospects).

Please, someone answer the ACTUAL question.

Thank you,

Ben
    LW Lehkonen Knies kJohnson Greenway / Laferriere Reichel Luostarinen Kartye Grebyonkin Buchelnikov
    RW
    Quinn Joseph Roslovic Chinakhov / Kakko Glass Brink O'Connor Holmberg Berggren Tuomaala
    D
    G

I...am your father.

Wait until May, Ben - at that point, all the injured players stop getting penalized and the rankings reset for brand new keeper leagues.
    I don\'t really know of any other keeper league player rankings, not that I look for them...but if I heard of any I would tell you.
    B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Sage

I cannnnnnt waaaait that loooong:unsure: .ok fine:woohoo:
    RW
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Guru

ben, you\'re looking for the easy solution, when there isn\'t one. if you simulated a draft straight from a list, you\'re not going to end up with a realistic result... which will leave you just as unprepared as you were when you started, just in a different way.

copy and paste dobber\'s goalie, dman, and players lists, adjust them as you see fit, then go through the draft by yourself, taking care of each simulated team\'s needs as you go. its the only way.

Dobber Sports Sage

yeah I suppose, thanks for your words of wisdom ultrawhiteness. karma to you.
    RW
    D
    G

Dobber Sports Padawan

Here\'s what you do.

1. Go to a psychologist.

2. Get indepth psychiatric profiles of each person in the pool, including but not limited to favourite team/players, favoured position, personality traits (aggression, vindictiveness, etc.) and their draft strategy.

3. Break into their houses and steal their lists.

4. Take the lists to said psychologist and have him apply the detailed work-up on each person to the lists in order to indicate who each person will draft (for this to work you should participate, cause he needs your reactions)

5. Go home with your break down of how the draft will go and sit pretty until draft time

6. If you dont like how the draft goes repeat step 4 until you get the result you want.

You cant get a mock draft that will mimic your league\'s drat unless the people in your league participate, this is because the people doing the mock likely wont draft the same way as your friends (unless your friends have mock drafts published repeatedly, if so please disregard).