Thread: Mock Draft - #1

Default Mock Draft - #1

So I downloaded a mock draft app to my iPhone, and decided to give it a test run. Had some interesting results.

First, a few points, it was my first time using the app so I inadvertently set set the pick timer to 5 secs (silly me), and it took a few rounds to get familiar with the app itself (eg navigating the rankings and such).

I set it to a 14 team standard (1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1D, 1K, 6Bench), snake draft.

I gave myself the first overall, cuz...well, it's my damn app. That's why. I chose McCoy. Now I normally would have went Rice, but I wanted to see how drafting McCoy first would effect the rest of the draft.

Not much, apparently as the first went thusly:

McCoy
    Foster
    Rice
    Matthews
    Megatron
    Rodgers
    Brady
    Brees
    CJ2K
    MJD
    DMc

Now Matthews at fourth overall is asinine...imo, but when I ran it a second time with me drafting 8th overall...Matthews was selected sixth overall (still asinine...imo)

Here's what took me aback, in the second round....(again, snake draft)

Fitzgerald
    Stafford
    Gronk
    Andre Johnson
    Murray
    Jennings
    Charles
    Steve Jackson
    AJ Green
    Welker
    APLynch
    Brandon Marshall
    Cam Newton (my pick)

I was so f-ing shocked to see Newton fall to me at 28th overall. Without blinking, I snatched him up. AJ over Welker was a bit of a surprise to me as well given the former's IR history.

Anyone else see Newton really falling to 28th, in a standard one year??
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

If Newton is available at half way through the second I would dump my pants. However, depends on how certain leagues value QB vs WR/RB.

I think the WR/WR strat of a couple years past is moot now, with good reason, as it was over-adopted.

I am gunning for Newt in the 2nd round. If he's gone, I'm going to wait until the Ryan/Flacco run starts and snatch Dalton. He's going to put up outskirt QB1 numbers this year, just need a second QB to play matchups.

AJ is the best WR in the game not named CJ, WHEN HEALTHY(which is the problem). Same kind of drive, hops, intelligence and ability to make the play.

If AJ has a good year, next year it will be CJ/AJ/AJG debate as to #1 WR in fantasy.
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft

Quote Originally Posted by Spec7ral View Post
    If Newton is available at half way through the second I would dump my pants. However, depends on how certain leagues value QB vs WR/RB.

I think the WR/WR strat of a couple years past is moot now, with good reason, as it was over-adopted.

I am gunning for Newt in the 2nd round. If he's gone, I'm going to wait until the Ryan/Flacco run starts and snatch Dalton. He's going to put up outskirt QB1 numbers this year, just need a second QB to play matchups.

AJ is the best WR in the game not named CJ, WHEN HEALTHY(which is the problem). Same kind of drive, hops, intelligence and ability to make the play.

If AJ has a good year, next year it will be CJ/AJ/AJG debate as to #1 WR in fantasy.
    Agreed, w/one addition. We may be adding Julio Jones to the last sentence.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

I recently did a redraft and newton fell to early 3rd round. I think there are many that don't believe he can repeat.

Observation- it seems like people don't care for a running back who only puts up 1500 plus yards a season. There's no other reason to not see Forte in the top 24.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWhale View Post
    I recently did a redraft and newton fell to early 3rd round. I think there are many that don't believe he can repeat.

Observation- it seems like people don't care for a running back who only puts up 1500 plus yards a season. There's no other reason to not see Forte in the top 24.
    People get sucked into the Michael Bush hype. In a dynasty league I can understand, but in one year leagues I don't see Forte's numbers dropping significantly enough to warrant a fall from grace.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Hey Bomm, why in your "14 team mock draft" is there only 11 picks in the first round and 13 picks in the 2nd round?? I am confused..

I would love to see the results for the entire draft..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Hey Bomm, why in your "14 team mock draft" is there only 11 picks in the first round and 13 picks in the 2nd round?? I am confused..
    Uh...cuz I am an idiot. Sorry, I deleted the results.
    @SmittysRant

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    Uh...cuz I am an idiot. Sorry, I deleted the results.
    HAHAHA.. ok!!

Dobber Sports Expert

Mock drafts are great and fun. The human factor has a huge impact drafts though, as we all know.

I am starting my second year of Fantasy Football this season. Depending where my pick is, I am definitely try to two RB's with my first two picks. Last season I got McFadden and Peterson and then Romo as my QB. Lost by 6 points in the final cause Romo was injured and didn't earn me any points. CRAZY...

I am gonna do some mock drafts as well. My question is, is it realistic to consider opponents taking Rodgers first overall?
    10 Keepers

10 Team, 10 Keeper
    Head to Head: G,A,P,PPP,SHP,BS,FW,GAA,SV%,SO
    Daily changes: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G
    C: Malkin, Pavelski, Domi
    LW: Gaudreau, Drouin
    RW: Kessel, B. Ryan, Nyquist
    D: Hedman
    G: Holtby
    Don't mistake opinion for fact.

I have been doing mocks drafts all week, LOVING IT!!

Dobber Sports Initiate

I just did a new 4-keeper league draft. I have no idea how but Foster dropped to me at 11th lmao. I will take that all day long.

I don't think it is realistic to expect Rodgers to be drafted first, unless you know the #1 pick is a huge GB fan.