Thread: Getting Bobby Lou

Dobber Sports Master

Default Getting Bobby Lou

Ultrawhiteness brought up some trade talk that really got me thinking and I thought I\'d ask the Dobber family for some advice.

Untrawhiteness offered louie for kane/leclaire in his pool and it got rejected. I\'m in a seperate pool and would sell the farm to get this guy and these are my thoughts.

The GM in my league that has Bobby Lou has Toews and Sharp and wants to build his team around Chi and Phx. When I say this trade it got me thinking cause I own kane and leclaire.

Looking at my team what else can I add to the deal to make it work. With 18 keepers I could afford to give up a 2 keeper for 1 because I could then bring up Price to fill the void.

I was thinking of adding my last keeper Horton to the mix aswell as the GM is high on youth and Horton in particular.

Bobby Lou for Leclaire, Kane and Horton. All three would be keepers for him. I have the most depth at forward in my league with all my guys in the top 30 in scoring aside from Horton and my rookies. Do you think this is enough or do I need to add in one of my 1st round picks in this summer prospect draft. I have 5th and 6th pick out of 6 GM\'s in a lottery style draft.

Thx in advance for any input.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty
    G A +/- PIM PPP SOG W GAA SV
    Start: 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1Utl, 1G
    C:Savard,Filpulla,Arnott,Ott,Boyd,Weight,Rupp
    LW:Heatley,Morrow,Sullivan,Tambellini,Bissonnette, Pierro-Zabotel
    RW: Hemsky,Backes,Orr,Tikhonov,Artyukhin,Ortmeyer
    D:EJ,Ehrhoff,Hjalmarsson,Babchuk,Commodore
    G: M.A.Fleury,Deslauriers,Koskinen,Monnino

Dobber Sports Guru

absolutely.

my only caution is that you may want to sound out with him what he thinks of leclaire. the only reason i thought of making that offer was:

1. i have bernier, so hopefully i only need a goalie to fill in for a year or two until he takes over

2. i just watched leclaire play the night before and was extremely impressed with him. enough so that i was willing to look past the injury history. also, my league doesn\'t count wins, so a columbus goalie doesn\'t look so bad.

Dobber Sports Master

He would take Leclaire over Brodeur. He has the oldest team in our league and is looking to get younger.

I doubt he is going to part with Bobby Lou but I shall try to give him an offer he cant refuse.

I really like Leclaire and have looked past his injuries too. He has played great all season and deserved at least a shootout loss against the flames the other night to give him a shutout.

I would like to get another elite goalie cause Brodeur will retire in a few years. Imagine having Luongo, Brodeur and Price.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Guru

unstoppable

have you seen how short leclaire\'s pads are crazy? its nuts. he\'s a little taller than kipper and his pads are still like 4 inches shorter. i wonder if thats meant to help his quickness?

Dobber Sports Master

anyone else have an opinion?

maple would be great to hear from you cause you always have a good idea of ways to mix it up with trades.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Star

The deal you proposed seems pretty good... I was just rummaging over Leclaire and he\'s made a fairly significant jump this year:

In 47 starts, 23-15-5 2.15/.923 with 9 SO

Last 2 years:

54 Starts, 17-30-5 3.12/.905 with 1 SO

Now I\'m sure that this is a mixed result of the system he\'s playing in now fully under Hitchcock as well as him maturing and becoming more consistent as a goalie.

If you want to make him an offer he can\'t refuse I would cash in on Ribeiro\'s overachieving year this year in place of Horton, and or to really overwhelm him throw in Gabby and his glass groin in place of Kane. I think that would get the deal done definately.

So either:

Leclaire Gabby Horton
    or
    Leclaire Ribeiro Kane

Now to play devil\'s advocate, if I was the other team I would see Brodeur Luongo and Price on your team and I would probably be asking for Price in place of Leclaire.
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Master

Kane needs to be part of the deal as he already owns Toews and I almost traded Kane straight up for his Zetterberg so he views Kane very high.

Thx for the input and I have been thinking of unloading an over acheiving Ribeiro.

As for Gabby I know he is injury prone and so do all the other GM\'s. For what I can get in return I am happy to hold onto him and reap the benefits while he\'s healthy.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Expert

as a luongo owner, I would not take this deal. Leclaire is unproven past this season, and is an injury risk. Kane is also unproven, and Horton just does ntohing for me.

If I were looking at your roster, and for some reason decided to trade luongo, I would ask for backstrom, price, and green. As a starting point.

Dobber Sports Master

repenttokyo i\'m using this as a starting point.
    what do you think about:

Leclaire, Kane and Ribeiro for Luongo.

I\'m trying to get Luongo without giving up my elite forwards if I can.

In our league this is how it breaks down:

Leclaire: 49GP 23W -5OTL - 9SO = 69 pts in our pool and a 1.41 PPG.

Luongo: He has 57GP 28W 9OTL 6SO = 77pts in our pool and a 1.35 PPG.

The point difference is not that big and remember this guy was thinking of doing Kane for Zetterberg straight up. He is trying to get younger.
    30 GM Commish Dynasty

Dobber Sports Star

If anything I would give up Kopitar before I would part with Backstrom.... Leclaire, Kane, and Kopitar... that addresses his need for youth, and with the extra punch up front might make him overlook the unproveness of Leclaire. If I was a Luongo owner I would have the same cautiousness as repenttokyo. However, since this guy was almost willing to trade Zetts straight up for Kane shows that you have some wiggle room and a deal should be plausible. Giving up a little in terms of Kopitar to get a stud like Luongo would be worth it, in the end you\'re getting the best player in the deal. You have to give a little to take a little and in the long run I\'d be happier to part with Kopitar than have to replace Leclaire with Price
    [color=#008000]24 Team / 3 Tier Roto League
    G|A|+/-|PIM|PPP|SOG|Hits|BS
    W|GAA|SV

Tier 1
    C: Tavares, Duchene, JStaal, Marner, Grigorenko, Dubois, Barzal
    LW: Landeskog, Teravainen, Pearson, Wilson, Pulkkinen, Bittner
    RW: PKane, Gaborik, Virtanen, Rantanen, Stewart, Sprong, Chiasson, Vey
    D: OEL, Barrie, Bogosian, Larsson, McNabb, Oduya, Bigras
    G: Bobrovsky, Korpisalo, Hutton, Hellberg

Dobber Sports Giant

I really like Leclaire, Ribs and Kane for Luongo... I\'m not sure I would take this as Luongo owner, but keep in mind that I traded Lundy/Gabby/4th round pick for Luongo/3rd round pick.

However, if Ribs and Kane will be keepers for him I think you got a deal.

Dobber Sports Giant

I really like Leclaire, Ribs and Kane for Luongo... I\'m not sure I would take this as Luongo owner, but keep in mind that I traded Lundy/Gabby/4th round pick for Luongo/3rd round pick.

However, if Ribs and Kane will be keepers for him I think you got a deal.

Dobber Sports Expert

Crazynuck wrote:
    repenttokyo i\'m using this as a starting point.
    what do you think about:

Leclaire, Kane and Ribeiro for Luongo.

I\'m trying to get Luongo without giving up my elite forwards if I can.

In our league this is how it breaks down:

Leclaire: 49GP 23W -5OTL - 9SO = 69 pts in our pool and a 1.41 PPG.

Luongo: He has 57GP 28W 9OTL 6SO = 77pts in our pool and a 1.35 PPG.

The point difference is not that big and remember this guy was thinking of doing Kane for Zetterberg straight up. He is trying to get younger.
    I understand what you are saying, but you need to take Leclaire\'s injury potential versus Luongo\'s durability into consideration. If Leclaire misses significant time during the season, it really impacts his value. Ribs is playing great this year - but is it truly a breakout? It\'s a risk, and I don\'t know how willing the other party would be to taking as many risks as there are in those 3 players, in terms of consistency / injury.

Personally, I feel that to get an elite player, you have to give up an elite player. That\'s usually how it works.

Dobber Sports Master

Giving up an elite player for an elite player is how I trade aswell unless I can get lucky and add a couple of good players for an elite. I don\'t think this trade will happen but its worth a shot. Our trading deadline is over so I still have the summer to get Luongo.

Thx for your inputs
    30 GM Commish Dynasty