Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Lance Armstrong to be stripped of his 7 Tour de France wins

Dobber Sports Master

You know what this thread needs?
    (Heck, this whole story for that matter!)

/S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Banned

man, does america ever need a hero...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/richkarl...ide-more-dirt/

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by InnocentBystander View Post

That was quite the hack-journalist op-ed piece.

Best line:
    Let us remember that false testimony is called perjury, a felony. Jail time. Most people won’t perjure themselves for a vendetta.
    False testimony is risky in court sure, but the USADA isn't a court... it isn't even a government body. I'm guessing the people 'testifying' had no risk of perjury whatsoever.

Seems more and more like journalism in the US is devolving into influence and opinion peddling...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Ninja

I am starting to think someone in this thread is employed by USADA ... and it is't one of the cats. I don't think...

Yes, I am desperate so I chose a guy who rides a bike.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

That Forbes article does not surprise me.

http://boingboing.net/2012/08/24/how...lds-media.html

That video is about 10 minutes of facepalming regarding how the media is a complete mess. Thought of it today while reading this thread.

Banned

all right. i'll back off.

LA and his team of high paid lawyers, strategists and mRketers have obviously won you all over with their spin machine.

just wait though, cause this isn't over. this will be one of the biggest sports stories of our generation before it is all said and done. way bigger than balco...

but enough from me... back to hockey...

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm glad to be a member of the Armstrong zombie horde.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

all right. i'll back off.

LA and his team of high paid lawyers, strategists and mRketers have obviously won you all over with their spin machine.

just wait though, cause this isn't over. this will be one of the biggest sports stories of our generation before it is all said and done. way bigger than balco...

but enough from me... back to hockey...
    I'm with you, IB. How more people aren't calling for his head is beyond me. He cheated, now he'll have to face the consequences.
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Veteran

I dono how I feel. I mean, if he never failed a test, not one of any veracity, why should this happen? No threat of perjury, no quasi judicial process, not saying he didn't use something at some point but c'mon.
    12 team Full Dynasty w cap. 13F, 7D, 2G, 5B.
    G 4.25, A 2.75, PPP 1.5, SHP 3, Hits 0.4, Blocks 0.5, PIM 0.25, DFP 1
    W 5 OTL 1 SO 6 SV 0.25 L-1 GS 1

F:Stamkos, C Stew, R Johansen, B Dubinsky, Max Pac, Umberger, B Ryan, D Backes, T Ruutu, Lucic, Ott, MSL, Heatley, C Kunitz, J Benn, L Adam

D: C Fowler, Kronwall, A Goligoski, JM Liles, M Giordano, K Letang, N Nikitin, R Josi

G: J Quick, A Niemi, C Anderson, Rinne

Dobber Sports Demi-God

God forbid that the money spent chasing athletes who juice, be spent on fighting rapes and murders - that would be silly.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeless View Post
    God forbid that the money spent chasing athletes who juice, be spent on fighting rapes and murders - that would be silly.
    I don't think that's fair. No doubt about it, there are horrible wrongs like rape and murder that happen in society, and we could ALWAYS spend more money to see that they are dealt with fairly and properly. However, humans NEED things like sports, and movies, and music, and art. This includes cycling. We also need governing bodies to ensure that these facets of human life are conducted with integrity. I also will be the first one to say that these things have been handled strangely, to say the least, but cycling and everything it represents, is very important, as is a governing body to rule it.

How would you respond to somebody who said "God forbid the money spent on the NHL be spent on fighting rapes and murders"?

Rylant

Dobber Sports Demi-God

We live in two different worlds, Rylant. If having a cycling world with integrity is a human NEED - shoot me right now, because I know nothing.

Two Thursdays ago I carried a sick little girl into a hospital in Cambodia about 9 am - she wasn't feeling well - by 3 pm she was dead because she had become infected with the EV71 virus. Not normally life threatening, except when one's immune system is weakened significantly due to malnutrition, as in her case. Talk to her about 'fair'.

Millions have been spent on trying to put guys like Bonds, Clemmons and now Armstrong in jail for juicing and we can't even figure out how to feed one little 11 year old girl with Cerebral Palsy who was abandoned on the street because her family was too poor to feed her.

I get it that we want a society that operates on values and principles of integrity - and I certainly will never judge another individual over where they chose to spend their discretionary income, but I gotta tell you that when institutions funded by government spend millions upon millions on trying to bring down a guy like Armstrong, I'm going to call horseshit. "Save a sport, ignore a needy child" is kind of a catchy logo though.

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I'm glad to be a member of the Armstrong zombie horde.
    That's where you (and Sentium) are wrong. At this point, it's more about the process than it is believing in Armstrong's guilt or innocence.

I'm just not an ends-justify-the-means kinda guy. Apparently you are.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    That's where you (and Sentium) are wrong. At this point, it's more about the process than it is believing in Armstrong's guilt or innocence.

I'm just not an ends-justify-the-means kinda guy. Apparently you are.
    Completely agree with you here. My comment was tongue in cheek.