Thread: Deadline Day Deal Blocked by Owner

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Deadline Day Deal Blocked by Owner

Ok, I can\'t get the link to work, but I read something in the Yahoo Sports rumour section that was very interesting.

Apparently Jacques Martin could be on his way out. It said that the Panthers owner blocked a deadline day trade of Olli Jokinen. It also mentions Joe Nieuwendyk as a possible replacement GM.

First of all, why would you trade Jokinen? He\'s your franchise player. Is there a conflict in the dressing room? Everyone seems to blame Keenan for trading away Luongo, but I wonder how much of it was Martin?

Even with his great regular season records in Ottawa, Martin could never inspire (allow?) his team to play with the passion required to win in the playoffs.

Yes sometimes that means you will take an undisciplined penalty every now and then, but that\'s hockey - you just kill off the penalty. The advantage to playing that style is that other teams hate to play against you. Not many players like to lose teeth or get a nasty bruise, broken appendage, etc.

It will be interesting to see if another ex-player gets a GM job. Hmm, no management experience required. If Martin is canned, I can\'t see him being out of work for long. He would be a great asset to any team, just don\'t let him run the show.:side:
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

I...am your father.

Default Deadline Day Deal Blocked by Owner

I can\'t judge the Jokinen thing until I hear about what he would have got in return. Everyone has a price!
    B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi