Thread: Stud RB's

I...am your father.

Default Stud RB's

We know there are 3 stud RB this year (McCoy, Rice and Foster) - who are the next few that COULD be first round talent this year? Is Lynch a first rounder?
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    We know there are 3 stud RB this year (McCoy, Rice and Foster) - who are the next few that COULD be first round talent this year? Is Lynch a first rounder?
    Chris Johnson - Bounceback
    Darren McFadden - No Bush
    Jones-Drew
    Ryan Matthews - No Tolbert

Lynch
    Demarco Murray
    League:Fantrax 18 Team Dynasty, H2H (4C, 8W, 6D, 1G)
    Cats:G, A, GWG, PPP, SHP, SOG, H+B, FOW, S, SV%, W, GAA

C: Backstrom,Giroux,MacKinnon,Seguin
    W:
    D.Brown,Hartnell,Hossa,P.Kane
    Kesler,Marleau,Perron,Zibanejad

D: Boyle,Del Zotto,Doughty,D.Hamilton,Hedman,Markov
    G: Rinne
    Bench: Braun,Comeau, Demers,DeHaan,Polak,Stempniak,Wingels --Fleury

But for injuries, McFad is a first round talent. Murray is my sleeper pick for stud-like this year - especially all purpose yds or PPR leagues. Felix Jones is toast, it's alllll Murray in Big-D.

Some are calling this a bust year for MJD. Myself, I wouldn't bet on it. Now Turner in ATL has bust written all over it so him I am avoiding.

CJ is all hype. He ever hits 1500+ again, I will eat my foot. That said, he'll be a fine #1 RB. I just think people will reach for him (haven't really looked at any mocks to check....just a hunch)

Matthews (a/k/a Mr Glass), no way I take him in the first round.

I would have said Richardson, but now he may miss the opener (having his knee scoped), and Hardesty is a strong handcuff. BUT if you want to view his work product from weeks 3-16 then I think you will have a stud RB on your team.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

Chris Johnson-good offensive line, great talent, has been the guy before.
    DMC- even if he plays 13 games this year he will still be top 10
    Forte- at least 1,400 yards a year with 45-50 catches. He's not a TD machine but that's never been his game. Top 5 finish this year (ppr)
    Matthews- has the talent to take the next step.
    Murray- No way Dallas only scores 5 tds on the ground this year again. And he is their only quality back.
    AP- the guy is a freak and if he continues to progress the way he has been, he may end up winning you a championship. I would gamble and take him if I was at the elbow.

As for Lynch. I say no way to the 1st round. He just signed a huge contract rewarding him for last year, may get suspended, if not he's always a candidate to get in trouble again. For the price he's going, you can grab Turner later. In my ppr league Lynch and Turner finished the year tied.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

This is the first year that I can remember that there really isn't alot of "stud" RB's to choose from.. I think we are going to see more QB's, WR's, and even 1 TE taken in the 1st round of drafts over RB's..

After the obvious 3(Foster, Rice, and McCoy) You have to step down a tier and consider taking: Johnson(TEN), Forte, McFadden, Matthews, MJD........... Then you take chances on injured guys like Hillis, Peterson, Charles.... Or take a risk on a older guy like Jackson(STL) or Lynch..........
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Ryan Williams is another to watch. Skills + great situation, that's the combo to look for and he and Murray are both primed to be legit #1 RBs
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Stud

I'd put lunch mid 2nd round.

McFadden is elite but injury prone, make sure to handcuff.
    Chris Johnson
    Murray
    Forte
    Mjd
    AP

Should all go in the 1st.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Murray
    CJ
    AP

DMC will continually be rushed back on minor injuries due to lack of depth, but if you can snake whats his name BU that;s huge value

Forte is already in trouble. Bush is a better bruiser, so Forte is going to turn into a REggie Bush tpe down player (sounds weird but it will happen)

Whale was pretty much spot on in hid assement. I have yet to spy me some preseason, but Murray was an absolute treat beast to watch last year, CJ has a bone to pick and AP is always a gamer.

If I was pciking at the corner ina 12 teamer and could spurn a second RB run, I'd do CJ/AP in a heartbeat (not sure ADP at this point but seems plausible)

*edit Murray should be gone by 12 but the other two could still be there easily
    Last edited by Spec7ral; August 19, 2012 at 5:36 AM. Reason: Murray will be picked by 12
    Tweet @ Me brah!
    10 team Auction Keeper-Year 7, No FAs, Points only, Weekly Lineups
    C-Backstrom, Stepan, Desharnais
    W-Ovie, Pacioretty, Kadri, Nyquist, Granlund, Schwartz
    D- Chara, Wideman, Kronwall, Phaneuf
    G-Varlamov
    Bench: Schenn, MSmith, Yakupov, Hartnell, Gionta, Williams, Carle
    Farm: Barkov, Kucherov, Monahan, Trouba, Klimchuk, Poirier, Nieto, Toffoli, Dumba, Gormley, GReinhart, BSmith, Aberg
    Proud owner of entire first round in KPL 2015 prospect draft