Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hockey Pool Geek - Projection Based Rankings

Dobber Sports Star

Derek: updated the site yesterday with Dobber's updated release. Updates, updates, updates!

Robbie: to answer your question, if I know if the list of players will remain constant throughout the season... well, let me ask you another question! Can you give me a list of all the players that will suit up for an NHL game in the 2012/13 season? If you can, then I can answer your question positively.

What I'd suggest you do is keep a separate two-column spreadsheet that just has player name and position. Whenever you want to update the projections via the process you described (reset projections to Dobber's, export CSV, update positions, re-import), rather than just pasting it in, put in a vlookup in the position column. Any players that aren't in your position set will appear as a #N/A, and you can just add their position to your table, and it will be automatically reflected in the projections.

Drop me a line (you know the coordinates!) if you want any specific help on implementing this -- it's a very quick thing to do in Excel if you're not already familiar.

Cheers

HPG

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by hockeypoolgeek View Post
    ...let me ask you another question! Can you give me a list of all the players that will suit up for an NHL game in the 2012/13 season? If you can, then I can answer your question positively.
    Point taken; I'll get to work on this and send it over when it's complete
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeypoolgeek View Post
    ...rather than just pasting it in, put in a vlookup in the position column. Any players that aren't in your position set will appear as a #N/A, and you can just add their position to your table, and it will be automatically reflected in the projections.
    -- it's a very quick thing to do in Excel if you're not already familiar.
    Thanks for the idea - and the offer of help. I think I've got vlookup down, I just didn't think of it (duh).
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Another great improvement for Fantasy Hockey Geek!

Just wanted to give up some props to FHG (that feels weird to type that) for adding a new great feature for subscribers. When you establish custom stats, if you change the positions of players to match your league, the positions will not be reset when you reset your custom stats to a proved data set.Despite my being a pest about this, they did not say to themselves, "Boy, that Robbie guy is a pain. Let's not change this just to spite him," but rather showed their usual responsiveness.

Thanks!
    H2H 10 GMs Keeper: keep up to 4 at cost of draft pick (round) G, A,+/-,Blocks,SOG,PPP; Wins,GAA,Sv% Start 3C 3RW 3LW 4D 2G, weekly starts
    C: Еric Staal   Henrik Zetterberg (LW)   Matt Duchene   Brayden Point   Danny Heinen (C/LW/RW)
    LW: Johnny Gaudreau   Taylor Hall   Jonathan Huberdeau   Nick Schmaltz (C/LW)
    RW: Никита Kucherov   Blake Wheeler   Jakub Voráček   Teuvo Teräväinen (LW/RW)
    D: Shea Weber   Dustin Byfuglien   Keith Yandle   Seth Jones
    G: Ben Bishop   Jake Allen   Martin Jones