Thread: 2012-13 Season

The Great One

Default 2012-13 Season

I can't me in the minority here; who else can't wait for the season to start?

This will be year 5 in a keeper league, and after our draft I'm very pumped for the season to start.

The last two years, 2009-10 and 2010-11, I had a combine 3 draft picks, and this year I was loaded up with 10 so I was excited to add some players, and fill the cupboards with prospects again.

Year 1: 5th out of 9
    Year 2: 1st out of 10
    Year 3: 1st out of 11
    Year 4: 2nd out of 11

Guys I drafted this year that I'm excited for: Faulk (5th), Gardiner (6th), Henrique (7th), Teravainen (15th), Bjugstad (20th), Read (23rd), Faksa (29th), Rattie, Spooner, J. Larsson in the later rounds.

Please, no lockout! I don't think I could handle it!!!

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm going to be so upset if there's a lockout lol. I'm already jonseying for our draft to hurry up and roll around (September). Feels like an eternity away!
    16 Team, 50 Player Capped ($75m) Keeper (Overall Fantasy Points). 12F, 6D, 1G Active

Scoring - G, A, PPG/A, +/-, SHG/A, W, SO, (GA bonus's)

F - T. Johnson, Galchenyuk, Nyquist, A. Lee, Radulov, Nelson, Neal, Sharp, Atkinson, Ribeiro, Ryan, Staal, (Donskoi, Eller, Colbourne, Vermette, Rodin)
    D - Burns, Klingberg, Gohstisbehere, Weber, Parayko, Braun
    G - Allen (Luongo)

Farm
    F - Mantha, Wilson, Fast, Tolchinsky, Bracco, Merkley, Malgin, Novak, N. Paul, K. Roy, Maroon, Laughton, Lindberg
    D - DeAngelo, Sproul, Clendening, Trouba, Weircioch

Dobber Sports Wizard

I knew I would be super busy this year with work and no time to focus on fantasy hockey. I also knew that there was a chance there could be a lockout so...

In my keeper I went for broke and traded most of my early picks and prospects and won.
    So this year, I don't have much to do at the draft and I will likely be in dead last in a position to sell off my vets and then stockpile picks for next year's draft.

So I'm not looking forward to this season at all....
    Limited Keeper - Keep 5
    Auction draft with a budget of $600. Whatever is left becomes your acquisition budget for the season. At the end of the season 50% of your budget is carried over to the next year.
    Keeper players are taxed +$10 for forwards with over 75 pts. +$5 for forwards under 74pts. +$0 for forwards under 50pts.
    D = +$10 for 65pts +$5 for under 64pts +$0 under 40
    G = +$10 for 32W +$5 for under 31W & +$0 under 15W

(G) (A) 25, (+/-) 5, (PIM) 3, (PPG) 7.5, (PPA) 5, (SHG) 10, (SHA) 7.5
    (SOG) 1 (W) 50, (L) -20, (GA) -5, (SV) 2, (SHO) 50

Dobber Sports Ninja

Really excited about the Oilers this year so would really hate for there to be a lockout and kill all of that misplaced optimism.