Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Classic Crosby

Dobber Sports Wizard

Well, to be fair, Travis Hughes is one of the worst writers on the sbnation hockey blogs. This sort of article is kind of his forte.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    ...wants you to come away with the lesson that in today's day and age in the NHL there aren't many guys who won't take that extra shot at you if they can. ....
    The Sedins don't do this sort of thing and they get the privilege of being called 'the Sedin sisters' and every once in a while getting punched repeatedly in the face.

Dobber Sports Ninja

The Sedins do, just not as often.

One of the Sedins elbowed dustin Brown right in the head this year. It happens. But I get your point.

Dobber Sports Master

Just one more reason to get rid of the instigator rule...
    /S

~ I'm not a sociopath, it's just that my magnetic personality keeps throwing off my moral compass.~

Victoria DH
    C(3): Athanasiou, Sissons, Zibanejad
    LW(3): Lehkonen, Burakovsky, Hymen
    RW(3): Bjorkstrand, Smith, Palmieri
    F(3): Stepan (C), Bjork (LW), Poehling (C)
    D(6): Carlson, Heiskanen, Bogosian, Edler, Hakanpaa, Fleury
    G(1): Talbot, Sorokin, Varlamov
    Bench: Parise (LW), Motte (C), Richardson (C), Hagg (D)
    IR: Wood, Henrique, Johnson, Dvorak

Prospects: (F) Barre-Boulet, Khovanov, Beckman, Greig, N. Robertson, Fagemo, Tuomalaa, (D) Ceulemans, Hughes, Schneider, Zboril

Dobber Sports Pro

Considering the rivalry between PHI and PIT, plus the emergence of Giroux as an elite player in the NHL, Crosby slashing every faceoff does not sound unrealistic or improbable. It actually sounds nasty and competitive, so now we know he is dirty and smart. Obviously the refs and linesman did not detect it or see it as an infraction.

What I do not understand is why Giroux did not:

A - change his faceoff style
    B - slash him back
    C - change his gloves
    D - wear wrist guards
    E - Drop the gloves with Sid

I mean after the first wrist was broken, you would think he would make some sort of adjustment. Was Giroux the kid who keeps licking batteries to see if it will hurt next time?

I like Giroux a lot so I am going to just assume that he said this like 80 year olds reminisce about the good old days. The reporter then turned the comment into a flame war without a concept of the comments intent.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by reeveta View Post
    The Sedins don't do this sort of thing and they get the privilege of being called 'the Sedin sisters' and every once in a while getting punched repeatedly in the face.
    i believe the Sedins get called the "Sedin sisters" because they dive frequently.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by letangerang58 View Post
    i believe the Sedins get called the "Sedin sisters" because they dive frequently.
    more like SEAdin sisters bahahaha!! Because you dive into the sea!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by kluu View Post
    more like SEAdin sisters bahahaha!! Because you dive into the sea!
    Haha! I think we have it. The worst joke of 2012. Keep it coming!!!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Actually, the whole 'Sedin Sisters' thing coming on because they dive isn't even that valid to me. Daniel doesn't dive, Henrik does. If you think Daniel Sedin dives, I'd like to refer you to the video of Marchand punching him in the face over and over and he stays standing. He's the one that got crunched from a rough hit from behind from Ben Eager and got right back up.

But obviously when people see that video they just laugh and say 'look at that sissy he's not doing anything back hahaha'. I think people just like to hop on this whole 'Sedin Sisters' thing because they're twin brothers, and they play for Vancouver who as a whole has earned a bad reputation from some of the players that are on the team (and Henrik's antics)

Not saying diving is right, but there are plenty of other notable divers around the league that don't have to take the kind of bullshit that the Sedins do. People just like to hop onto fads and unfortunately for the Sedins, the fact that they are twins made them an easy target for that type of insult. Once people start getting an idea in their head that they find funny it doesn't matter how many rational arguments you make, it just stays the same.
    Last edited by bondon; July 28, 2012 at 12:16 AM.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by b0ndon View Post
    Actually, the whole 'Sedin Sisters' thing coming on because they dive isn't even that valid to me. Daniel doesn't dive, Henrik does. If you think Daniel Sedin dives, I'd like to refer you to the video of Marchand punching him in the face over and over and he stays standing. He's the one that got crunched from a rough hit from behind from Ben Eager and got right back up.

But obviously when people see that video they just laugh and say 'look at that sissy he's not doing anything back hahaha'. I think people just like to hop on this whole 'Sedin Sisters' thing because they're twin brothers, and they play for Vancouver who as a whole has earned a bad reputation from some of the players that are on the team (and Henrik's antics)

Not saying diving is right, but there are plenty of other notable divers around the league that don't have to take the kind of bullshit that the Sedins do. People just like to hop onto fads and unfortunately for the Sedins, the fact that they are twins made them an easy target for that type of insult. Once people start getting an idea in their head that they find funny it doesn't matter how many rational arguments you make, it just stays the same.
    I wonder if "The Staal Sisters" will catch on the same?
    "dARK wING dUCKS" 2011-2012 CHAMPS

10 Team Points Only Limited Keeper Pool (keep any 12)

Top 12 Forwards, 5 Defense & 2 Goalies Count
    Goals = 1, Assist = 1, Shutout = 3, Win = 2,

F: Kessel, Backstrom, Spezza, Benn, Voracek, Couture, Skinner, Wheeler, Stepan, Gaudreau, Schwartz, Ennis, Brown, Atkinson,
    D: Karlsson, Pieterangelo, Streit, Fowler, Enstrom, Gardiner, Sekera
    G: Price, Rinne, Smith

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Papps View Post
    Good ol' Canadian boys as sisters? Never!
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Giant

crosbys is good in the circle. his face off percentage was terrible against giroux. maybe he should have tried to just win the puck possesion.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Papps View Post
    Not sure if this was a sarcastic comment or if it was genuine, but...
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post
    Good ol' Canadian boys as sisters? Never!
    Either way, this is right on the mark.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    crosbys is good in the circle. his face off percentage was terrible against giroux. maybe he should have tried to just win the puck possesion.
    Perhaps this was the reason why he was slashing Giroux's hands rather than the reason why he was losing faceoffs.
    Fantrax - Salary cap dynasty - cap hit - H2H each category
    Start: 2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2UTIL, 2G, 6 Bench, 4IR
    Cats: G, A, +/-, PIM, STG, STA, SOG, FOW, GWG, Hits, BLK, W, GAA, Saves, SV%, SO

C: Getzlaf, Turris, Eakin, ____
    LW: Kunitz, MacArthur, Pacioretty, ____
    RW: Little (C), Tarasenko, Eriksson (LW)
    D: Pietrangelo, JJ, Streit, Brodie, Benn, ____
    G: Lundqvist, Bishop, Holtby

Farm: Grigorenko, H Lindholm, Faksa, Collberg, Grimaldi, Lee, K Hayes, G Carey, Schmaltz
    G: Grubauer, Gudlevskis