Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: One size does not fit all!

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by NoWayOut View Post
    This should be stickied in every section of the forums. Context is everything when it comes to advice about players.
    Context is usually a very important part in any question or subject on Earth.

Once again a great movement from Shoeless. Another tidbit - if you're in one league or perhaps 2, just put the details in your signature. Easy access, is everywhere and don't have to re-type it every now and then.
    UHL - Detroit Red Wings
    24 team H2H (W-:L) Dynasty - 3C/LW/RW/F, 6D, 1G.
    G/A/(+/-)/PIM/SOG/PPP/SHP/GWG/HIT/BLK/FOW
    W/GAA/SV/SV%/SHO

NHL Cap + 1M salary cap (AAV)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Context is usually a very important part in any question or subject on Earth.

Once again a great movement from Shoeless. Another tidbit - if you're in one league or perhaps 2, just put the details in your signature. Easy access, is everywhere and don't have to re-type it every now and then.
    What if you're in 10? :P

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    What if you're in 10? :P
    What if your in the UHL?

Twenty-three man active roster, twenty-seven on the farm, and sixteen scoring categories. Then note in your sig the ancillary details, twenty-four teams, head-to-head, salary cap, daily start, and you go way over the 600 character limit on signatures. And that is listing only last names and using abbreviations on everything else.

It's all Dyz's fault.

What if your in the UHL?

Twenty-three man active roster, twenty-seven on the farm, and sixteen scoring categories. Then note in your sig the ancillary details, twenty-four teams, head-to-head, salary cap, daily start, and you go way over the 600 character limit on signatures. And that is listing only last names and using abbreviations on everything else.

It's all Dyz's fault.
    The UHL is almost too complex for me at times haha. It's a good challenge though and some pretty intense competition... just need Eric's team to suck next year.

Dobber Sports Wizard

The UHL is almost too complex for me at times haha. It's a good challenge though and some pretty intense competition... just need Eric's team to suck next year.
    Complex is a good term, daunting is another one at times.

As far as the signature thing goes, I have all the info I would have put in my signature saved in a notepad document. That would be my suggestion to those in multiple leagues or extreme leagues like the UHL. It's fairly handy, and unless your the laziest bastitch on the planet, it's not hard to open notepad, pull up the league and then copy/paste into the body of your post.

One caveat though, it does require you to put in the time to keep it updated everytime there is a change to the roster etc. Just make it a habit that immediately after any roster moves you go right in and update that. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Administrator

just need Eric's team to suck next year.
    Daniel Sedin has other plans.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Veteran

I remember when I started posting here initially and Shoeless would ask "how many teams, what are your categories, how many do you keep, etc"

I learned my lesson fast and made doubly sure I put all the info in my posts so it would make it easier to get some quality responses that made sense
    Yahoo 1 Year Leagues:
    G, A, PIM, +/-, PPP, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 2G, 4Bn, 1IR

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Daniel Sedin has other plans.
    Like having his numbers drop as the rest of the division becomes less pathetic?

Dobber Sports Pro

Like having his numbers drop as the rest of the division becomes less pathetic?
    I'd love to get in on this bragging, but alas, my UHL team sucks just like in pron. My goal is not to be a lottery team this year - wait, isn't that a bad thing? :-)

EDIT: To avoid hijacking, like Shoeless brought up in another thread, I agree with him totally. All the information is absolutely critical. I like the idea of a n00b guantlet. They gotta read all these threads before being permitted to post. lol
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    UHL Dynasty St. Louis Blues
    ...playoffs, how the eff did I make the playoffs?

UDL Western Kings
    ...oh boy... this build is gonna be a while...

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_rogue View Post
    I'd love to get in on this bragging, but alas, my UHL team sucks just like in pron. My goal is not to be a lottery team this year - wait, isn't that a bad thing? :-)
    Just like in pron? What kind of team you running? :P

Dobber Sports Pro

The kind that you don't take home nor tell your friends about. Sort of like a scooter: fun to ride as long as no one sees you!

UDL Western Kings

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_rogue View Post

EDIT: To avoid hijacking, like Shoeless brought up in another thread, I agree with him totally. All the information is absolutely critical. I like the idea of a n00b guantlet. They gotta read all these threads before being permitted to post. lol
    Not only read all those threads, but then take a test administered by Sentium. If nothing else it would at least save his sanity by allowing him to weed out those with less then acceptable grammar. My grammar is far from perfect, but some of the posts even make me cringe. It's got to be taking a toll on Sentium's mental, and possibly physical, health given his passion about the subject.

Dobber Sports Pro

Not only read all those threads, but then take a test administered by Sentium. If nothing else it would at least save his sanity by allowing him to weed out those with less then acceptable grammar. My grammar is far from perfect, but some of the posts even make me cringe. It's got to be taking a toll on Sentium's mental, and possibly physical, health given his passion about the subject.
    Good idea on the grammar. It drives me crazy too. I would even venture to say that it makes me want to Eats, Shoots, and Leaves. (For those that haven't read the book, that was on purpose). :-)

UDL Western Kings

Dobber Sports Guru

If I can add a suggestion:

I would love it if people could have a bit more detail in the title of their post when asking for help. If you have a trade offer of Zetterberg and a pick for Eberle, then make a title like "Eberle for Zetterberg+", or "Should I trade Eberle?"

I find it a little frustrating when I go on the trade forum, and a bunch of posts have generic titles such as "Blockbuster deal help!", "Should I do this?", and "Trade advice". Especially if the post has been there a couple of days, because I end up reading the same first post several times.

And if we're talking McDonald's foods as well in this post, bring back the pizza!

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid

The Great One

All little guys- 5"5 and under...

Cause theyd all be shrimp!

(prawn)