Thread: HockeyPoolGeek Stats

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default HockeyPoolGeek Stats

Hey HockeyPoolGeek!

I am wanting to put together a ratings package for a sim called STHS and need to gather up as comprehensive a list of NHL stats as I possibly can, and would like it in Excel format if at all possible.

I noticed that for subscribers you have a crazy amount of stats that you track. Are those available as a downloadable Excel file? I am sure there are free places to get this info but would rather pay the Subscription fee if it's as easy as clicking on the site and downloading the entire set of stats in one shot.

Thanks!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If you enter your league settings (scoring cats, etc.) you can generate player rankings which you can then export to excel. These rankings include all players that play at least 1 game in the NHL during the selected year(s) along with a HPG value and all the stats relevant to your league (that you inputted in league setup).

Dobber Sports Ninja

Only really interested in the raw stats because I'll want to use them to generate player ratings for the sim itself.

But potentially that could work...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Only really interested in the raw stats because I'll want to use them to generate player ratings for the sim itself.

But potentially that could work...
    With a little work in excel you could narrow it down to that. However, maybe Paul will have a better option.

Dobber Sports Star

Dyz is right, Doulos... that'd work.

Drop me a line at [email protected] and we'll work something out!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Thought about it over lunch and it should work just fine. I basically just want to convert the Excel file into a .dbf and then manipulate it using a program I wrote - so I can just ignore the columns I don't want.

And this way I get all of the stats (including the more obscure ones) in an easy to access format!