Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Pick Two: Skinner, Yakupov, Granlund, Tarasenko?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JiminyCrickets! View Post
    ppg in his rookie year. book it.
    Who are you referring to?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Nail Yakupov.

Dobber Sports Stud

ppg in his rookie year. book it.
    and tequilamonster is roberto luongo

get off the sauce

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    I really don't see the point you're making here. And it's HF, c'mon TM...
    are dobberites more credible?

just another source of talent assessment

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Tony DeNiro View Post
    Actually, Granlund has already had 2 confirmed concussions. I'm interested to hear TM's answer on this as well.

And TM, you're completely off on Yakupov. Yes he's a good goal scorer, that's probably what separated him from the rest of the 2012 class. But to say he has no playmaking skills is simply false.
    to say granlund has no goal scoring ability is completely false as well. point is where yak outgoals granlund, granlund should get more assists. these guys go neck and neck this season pts wise.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

1.Curious as to who said Granlund had no goal scoring ability.

2.Would bet youv'e compiled your opinion based on other opinions. Before you eat all your words, you should watch a player before commenting on them.

Dobber Sports Stud

1.Curious as to who said Granlund had no goal scoring ability.

2.Would bet youv'e compiled your opinion based on other opinions. Before you eat all your words, you should watch a player before commenting on them.
    ouch!

easy tiger!!!

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Welcome back TM, haven't seen you in a while Tell me, did you ever had a discussion with MT319? I forget...
    GO WINGS!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Clarification, maybe

Quote Originally Posted by tequilamonster View Post
    im confused. Granlund is just as locked in the top 6 in minny as yak is in EDM. they will BOTH get top minutes.

once and for all. skinners going into his 3rd year. how can he even be compared to gman, yak or tarasenko?lmao

the OP wants someone with sophomore talent yet Skinners past being a sophomore. Im not impressed by those choosing a Skinner as duh? he already has put up NHL #'s
    I'm not comparing Skinner with other 3 at all -- I think I was pretty clear that I'd pick Skinner first, and then take any one of the other three prospects. Also, while I agree Granlund is the #2C in MIN, if they decide to stack Parise-Mikko-Heatley, then Granlund may be in the top 6, but playing with Bouchard and Setoguchi won't be ideal.

By comparison, Edmonton's top 6 will include RNH, Hall, Eberle, Gagner, Hemsky and Nail. The worst possible scenario for Yakupov slots him with Gagner and Hemsky on L2, both of whom are better playmakers than PMB or Gooch in MIN.

As for Tarasenko, he's trying to work his way onto an offense-by-committee team coached by Hitchcock. Even if he gets a sniff at the top-6, he won't get enough consistent offensive-zone starts to refine his offensive game. It's not to say that he can't excel under those conditions, but it certainly stacks the deck against him.

In sum, I'll just reiterate that I definitely think Skinner is the #1 pick from among these players, but I'd take any of Tarasenko, Granlund or Yakupov to go along with him. I give yakupov a SLIGHT advantage over the other 2 prospects, because of his situation in EDM.
    The League:
    11-teams, pts-only, no positional restrictions, top 12/20 count.
    1 in-season UFA (24+y/o), 3 round entry draft.
    Unlimited (24+y/o) off-season UFAs after the entry draft.

The Show:
    Crosby, Malkin, Kopitar, Eberle, Couture, Krejci, Subban, Simmonds, Hedman, Jokinen, Kesler, Barrie, Johansson

The Farm:
    MacKinnon, Toffoli, Bjugstad, Spooner, Zucker, Bjorkstrand, Jaskin

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by number54 View Post
    As for Tarasenko, he's trying to work his way onto an offense-by-committee team coached by Hitchcock. Even if he gets a sniff at the top-6, he won't get enough consistent offensive-zone starts to refine his offensive game. It's not to say that he can't excel under those conditions, but it certainly stacks the deck against him.
    i bet all of these guys will be protected and get A LOT of offensive zone starts... ideally, most of their time will be easy/protected minutes.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by sentium View Post
    Welcome back TM, haven't seen you in a while Tell me, did you ever had a discussion with MT319? I forget...
    Lmao- hahaha- that IS funny sentium. If I was wearing my conspiracy hat Id even point out that MT is a backwards acronym for Tequila Monster...

... duh duh duh!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMx1_1z63Zs

Dobber Sports Pro

hate to bring back an old thread but what would be your order 6 months later ?????
    6 teams dynasty pool,points only,no pos. for F, Keep All, 12F, 6D, 2G count.....backup=6F, 4D, 2G, 4 roster moves( 2 at 30th game and 2 at NHL deadline)
    F- , P. Kane,Eichel, DeBrincat, Kopitar, Wheeler, Kuznetsov, Point, Huberdeau, Verhaghe, Bergeron,Keller, Batherson, Schmaltz, W.Nylander, Buchnevich,Rantanen
    D- Makar, Gostisbehere, Carlson, Burns, Barrie, M. Rielly, Hronek, DeAngelo, KA Miller
    G- Vasilevskyi, Sorokin, Campbell, Markstrom
    Farm: Lundell, Guenther, Holtz, Glass, E. Svechnikov, Denisenko, Newhook, Heponiemi, Lauko,Neighbours, Bokk N. Foote, Borgstrom, Dahlen, Bokk, S. Poulin, Zelleweger, Liljegren, Heinola, Perunovich, S. Knight.

Dobber Sports Stud

Still waiting for a response from tequila monster regarding the concussion issue. Not surprising that he chose not to answer, but still...