Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: [Trade] Rick Nash to NYR

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Also, don't think NYR is the place for Nash to realize the potential so many think he has.

Richards and Cally/Gabby or whoever he gets paired with are certainly an upgrade on CBJ but it's not like Torts preaches offensive hockey.

Hell, Richards posted 91 points in 80 games followed by 77 points in 72 games (an average over 2 years of 90 points per season, pro-rated) and then posted his worst career totals (pro-rated) other than his first 2 seasons after posting 66 points in 82 games. NYR is really not a place I want my fantasy hockey players to go to at this point.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NYR9394 View Post
    Dubi was highly overpaid and overrated. I'm glad to see him go.
    same can be said for the guy they just brought in no?

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    LOL! How true.

I guess we will see now if Nash is really a star that most assume he is, or if it really was a bad CBJ team that was holding him back.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    Also, don't think NYR is the place for Nash to realize the potential so many think he has.

Richards and Cally/Gabby or whoever he gets paired with are certainly an upgrade on CBJ but it's not like Torts preaches offensive hockey.

Hell, Richards posted 91 points in 80 games followed by 77 points in 72 games (an average over 2 years of 90 points per season, pro-rated) and then posted his worst career totals (pro-rated) other than his first 2 seasons after posting 66 points in 82 games. NYR is really not a place I want my fantasy hockey players to go to at this point.
    Agreed. But positive is playing with a legit #1 centre now. He might have to focus on defending first though.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I agree.. I see Nash getting no more than 70pts in a Rangers unitard!
    TEAM 1
    10 Team league keep 15
    Top 15 fwd, 5 D and 2 G count G/A=1 , PPP= 0.5 W=2 SO=3

F: Crosby Benn Kucherov JT.Miller Marchessault Kadri Draisaitl Wheeler E.Staal T.Johnson V.Filppula M.Granlund Vesey Coyle Jagr Schwartz Parise Larkin
    D: Shattenkirk S.Weber Werenski Petry Klefbom Krug Savard Stone
    G: Rask Dubnyk Hutchinson Elliot

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by GMGates View Post
    see Dobber's article.
    Thank's, I hadn't left this thread in a while.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If Weber ends up in Philly, Devils are in biiiiig trouble. They need to sign Semin or else they'll be the new Islanders

Dobber Sports Pro

Interesting part of this trade is that Anisimov may play centre full time where he belongs. Might be a good sleeper in pools for 50+ pts. He never really got consistent quality ice time last season.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Also, just to expand on that last post, excluding Richards first 2 years in the NHL and this year as a ranger, he has a point per game average of 0.97 over the span of his career and 1.04 over the past 3 seasons in Dallas. With the Rangers he posted 0.80 points per game; that's a drop of close to 20% from his career average and even more from his past 3 years.

Nash has posted a 0.87 point per game average over his career (pre-lockout years ignored). Don't see this increasing in NYR unless Torts decides to emphasize offense and Nash and Richards really click. If we see a trend similiar to Richards, I'd be shocked to see him exceed his previous 3 years of production (59, 66, and 67 for an average of 64).

Quote Originally Posted by AldoWeldon View Post
    If Weber ends up in Philly, Devils are in biiiiig trouble. They need to sign Semin or else they'll be the new Islanders

Lou made a mistake by not forfeiting his fisrt round pick.

Banned

Maybe Redden gets a chance to play in the NHL again.

Also, just to expand on that last post, excluding Richards first 2 years in the NHL and this year as a ranger, he has a point per game average of 0.97 over the span of his career and 1.04 over the past 3 seasons in Dallas. With the Rangers he posted 0.80 points per game; that's a drop of close to 20% from his career average and even more from his past 3 years.

Nash has posted a 0.87 point per game average over his career (pre-lockout years ignored). Don't see this increasing in NYR unless Torts decides to emphasize offense and Nash and Richards really click. If we see a trend similiar to Richards, I'd be shocked to see him exceed his previous 3 years of production (59, 66, and 67 for an average of 64).
    Nash production will be a bit higher but not that much with Torts being the coach that he is.

The BIG advantage for the Rangers will be their Power Play. They were 23rd last season, now they they will be lethal and top 10 in the league. Which is needed to win the Cup.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post

haha, so true

Dobber Sports Veteran

Richards reallllllllllly stepped it up in the second half though. He had 33 points in his last 33 games and really became an unstoppable force in the playoffs. At the start of the year he didn't click with Gaborik and then they had him play quite a few games with Callahan in hopes of adding some offense on the second line, but they moreso just contained the top line of the other teams rather than trying to score every shift.
    Follow me for some fantasy hockey, Jays tweets @thelandshock

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by TeamRamrod View Post
    Anybody want to take a guess at the NYR's line combo's for this season?
    Nash-Richards-Callahan
    Hagelin-Stepan-Gaborik
    Kreider-Boyle-Rupp
    Pyatt-Halpern-Asham
    Zuccarello

Giardi-Staal
    Del Zotto-McDonagh
    Stralman-Sauer
    Bickel

Lundqvist
    Biron
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky