Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: [Trade] Rick Nash to NYR

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    Even if this is your argument, the injuries are also what makes NYR unhappy with Gaborik. If he wasn't injured and actually provided offense in the playoffs, they might not have even traded for Nash. They can't rely on Gaborik when they need him most, whether that be because of injuries or because he's soft and invisible half the time. He was literally a nonfactor in these playoffs, and if that's because of injury then it's still a concern because that's just who he is. When you're playing through injury and you don't reveal that you have one, well you're going to be scolded if you play like crap and you're invisible.

wouldn't be surprised if he's shipped out of New York now.

He's been with the Rangers three seasons. Two of those seasons he's had 40+ goals and 76+ points (including 86 in 76 games his first year in New York), and he was a +15 each of those seasons and a +8 in 62 games his 2nd season. How many wingers in the league had equivalent stats?

No question he could be a candidate to be shipped out now that they have Nash long term, but it won't be because he hasn't performed, far from it.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ross10019 View Post
    He's been with the Rangers three seasons. Two of those seasons he's had 40+ goals and 76+ points (including 86 in 76 games his first year in New York), and he was a +15 each of those seasons and a +8 in 62 games his 2nd season. How many wingers in the league had equivalent stats?

No question he could be a candidate to be shipped out now that they have Nash long term, but it won't be because he hasn't performed, far from it.
    What does that have to do with the fact that he hasn't produced in the most crucial part of the year, the playoffs? A guy named Alex Semin has similar stats and he can't find a job. Fact is Gaborik has been injured in the last two playoffs for New York and that is a concerning trend.

Banned

looking at this deal again, it is interesting to point out that although Kreider is getting the recognition lately, a lot of NHL people considered Erixon the Rangers' top prospect. He's a huge reason David Rundblad ripped up the SEL two years ago.
    Last edited by Big Ev; July 25, 2012 at 12:29 AM. Reason: missed the d in Rundblad. I'm embarassed

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ev View Post
    looking at this deal again, it is interesting to point out that although Kreider is getting the recognition lately, a lot of NHL people considered Erixon the Rangers' top prospect. He's a huge reason David Runblad ripped up the SEL two years ago.

There is no question that Erixon was a key component of that deal. The Rangers are very fortunate that they have so much depth at the D position that they were able to let him go. If Sauer comes back fully healthy again and they can sign a reasonable depth 5th-7th Dman to replace Bickel (who was just awful last year), that D won't miss a beat.

McDonagh Girardi
    Staal DelZotto
    Sauer Stralman (if re-signed)
    Anyone other than Bickel

As a Lundqvist owner, I'm happy.

As a Habs fan, knowing what we gave up in McDonagh, I'm depressed as all hell.

Can't win 'em all!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper