Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: [ELC Signing] Nail Yakupov signs 3-year with Oilers

Dobber Sports Pro

Very excited to see Yakupov suit up.
    Straight Points keeper league. Keep 5 Forwards,3 defence,1 goalie.

F: Nicklas Backstrom, Joe Thornton, Henrik Zetterberg, Zach Parise, Logan Couture

D: Erik Karlsson, Alex Pietrangelo, Oliver Ekman-Larsson

G: Sergei Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold View Post
    Ovechkin's whole family moved to Washington with him. If that it helps him concentrate on being a better hockey player then that's great news!
    Didn't know that at all. Interesting!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Alot of those guys are probably coming from terrible situations, so to move the family to US is probably a goal of all of them. Odds are thats why they might even play hockey. Of course I am not sure of each specific situation, but I know that a lot of Russia is not luxurious. Thats just me speculation of course, and could be an ignorant assumption.

Whats Yaks goal/assist predictions. I think he could possibly get 20 goals depending on if he starts in Edmonton.
    Girrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooux

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by kushmoney View Post
    Alot of those guys are probably coming from terrible situations, so to move the family to US is probably a goal of all of them. Odds are thats why they might even play hockey. Of course I am not sure of each specific situation, but I know that a lot of Russia is not luxurious. Thats just me speculation of course, and could be an ignorant assumption.

Whats Yaks goal/assist predictions. I think he could possibly get 20 goals depending on if he starts in Edmonton.
    I'd bet the over on the 20 goals mark. He'll be playing with two of Hall/Hemsky/Gagner/RNH/Eberle, will be given sheltered minutes, and has an absolutely ridiculous shot. Personally, I expect him to have a better rookie season than Hall (22G 20A 42P in 65GP).

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Wow consider me in on Yak then.

I have 1st pick in my 8 player keeper league and am planning on taking him.

Wow consider me in on Yak then.

I have 1st pick in my 8 player keeper league and am planning on taking him.
    It's tough to throw out an estimate on g/a totals because, frankly, 1st overall EDM rookies haven't had a good history of playing full seasons thus far haha. Hall played 65 and RNH played 62.

If Yak played a full season I could see him hit 65... but I'll go with an estimate of 69 GP 26G, 24A, 50P.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by dyzfunctioned View Post
    It's tough to throw out an estimate on g/a totals because, frankly, 1st overall EDM rookies haven't had a good history of playing full seasons thus far haha. Hall played 65 and RNH played 62.

If Yak played a full season I could see him hit 65... but I'll go with an estimate of 69 GP 26G, 24A, 50P.
    I havent watched much of him, just from what I read on here and on sites. Their 1st overalls certainly do not have a good injury history though, touche.

Its amazing that they've had such a string of high picks and yet still do not try to get a defensemen. Once they get themselves some nice blue liners, they will be a force. I understand they couldn't pass on Yaks but Murray had to be enticing for Edmonton.

I havent watched much of him, just from what I read on here and on sites. Their 1st overalls certainly do not have a good injury history though, touche.

Its amazing that they've had such a string of high picks and yet still do not try to get a defensemen. Once they get themselves some nice blue liners, they will be a force. I understand they couldn't pass on Yaks but Murray had to be enticing for Edmonton.
    Top end defensemen aren't easy to get - we have plenty of second/third pairing guys.

Hell, look at Philly - looking for a #1 d-man and threw out two $100M+ contract offers and struck out on both. Top pairing d-men don't grow on trees, that's for sure.

But if Smid stays true to form from last year, and Petry continues to develop, and Schultz proves effective... it's a lot of ifs... but if it all comes together, we'll at least have a serviceable d-corps next year.

Also I'm a big Murray fan but the gap between him and Yak was huge... the BPA available in the past 3 drafts has been a forward, and by a large margin at that.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

yea they couldnt pass from what I read...schultz was a great nab for them.