Thread: prediction Versteeg

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default prediction Versteeg

Will be signed before his arbitration tomorrow.

So far no one has gone the distance.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think they would be wise to come to an agreement with Versteeg before the arbitration hearing. The Panthers have close to $21M in cap space and only Kulikov and Versteeg as notable guys left to sign

Dobber Sports Master

It'll be interesting to see what he gets.
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Wizard

He'll be horribly overpaid, the offense won't come at as high a level, and everyone will realize he's really just not that good of a hockey player. He can score, but that's really about all he does right.
    20 Team Dynasty (points per) - G (25, 50 for defense) A (25) PIM (3) PPP (15) SHP (25) OTG (15) GWG (25) HTr (50) SOW (75) HIT (1) BLK (2) W (50) SHO (100) OTL (10) GA (-15) SV (2) Use actual NHL salary

Start 12 F, 6 D, 1G weekly

F: Kucherov, Marchand, Barkov, Gaudreau, Laine, Aho, Dubois, Dadonov, Huberdeau, Trocheck, Bertuzzi, Beauvillier, Khaira, Grigorenko

D: Ekman-Larsson, Yandle, Edler, Pulock, Borowiecki, Weegar, Mike Reilly

G: Andersen, Hart

Farm: Boldy, Beckman, Wise, Mascherin, Kovalenko, Manukyan, Walker, Morozov, Shafigullin, Palmu, Tychonic, Zhuravlyov, Kesselring, Zamula, Lankinen, Sogaard, Ingram, Rybar

Dobber Sports Deity

I can see him getting around 4.5m/season. I am not a big Versteeg fan per say but you sure have to like the situation he has found himself in in Florida. If he can stay healthy he should easily get 60+ points playing on the top line.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Giant

4.5m-- overpayment.
    10 team Full Keeper Roto League
    4C-4LW-4RW-6D-2G-5bench-unlimited farm.

C= eichel,horvat,malkin,kuznetsov
    LW= forsberg,kreider,lee,b.tkchuch,hertle,granlund
    RW= reinhart,radulov,hoffman,laine,hayes
    D= doughty,ghostebehere,karlsson,jones,klefbom,dahlin ,skjei
    G= price,murray,grubauer,georgiev,ullmark,samsonov

under250gp=nichushkin,tuch,mathesson,marino,pujuja rvi,hosang,terry,andersson,j.hughes,patrik,crouse, zadina,podkolzin,k.miller,nedeljkovic,kravtsov,hay ton

--G,A,P,PPP,SHP,GWG,PIMS,+/-,SOG,hits,FOW,blks-Wins,GAA,SV%,saves,SO

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsrangers View Post
    4.5m-- overpayment.
    Compared to who? Go take a look at the players who are getting right around 60-65pts per season and check out their salaries. I would say 4.5 is actually right on target and may even be a bit of a bargain compared to some of the other "over-paid" players who score at that pace. *cough* Ovechkin *cough* to simply name one. If others in that point range arent making that much, I am willing to bet you they havent signed a contract recently, or are having their current contract expiring in the next year.

Dont get me wrong, is it an over payment?? Probably, but as I say when you compare to the other players in that point range, 4.5m is pretty much right on track. Versteeg is in a position to score 60+ (he had 54pts in 71g last season) and will be playing top line minutes. The opportunity is there.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Versteeg - $4.0 to $4.5M from the arbitrator.

His 49 points last year (on pace for about 56 points) put him in a good position.

I'd project him for 52 points this coming year, based on 82 games. 22 goals. He's an awesome third liner, that is receiving extra top 6 forward responsibilities in Florida. The first line is truly a second line, and possibly the third line, on a Stanley Cup winner.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by JHM View Post
    Versteeg - $4.0 to $4.5M from the arbitrator.

His 49 points last year (on pace for about 56 points) put him in a good position.

I'd project him for 52 points this coming year, based on 82 games. 22 goals. He's an awesome third liner, that is receiving extra top 6 forward responsibilities in Florida. The first line is truly a second line, and possibly the third line, on a Stanley Cup winner.

He had 54 pts last year and played in 71 games. Thats actually a 62 pt pace if he played in all 82 games.

Dobber Sports Master

Well i'm impressed here!
    "We've had a couple shakers in this place. This year we haven't had the time. We had a couple good ones last year, right?" - Phil Kessel

Dobber Sports Genius

My apologies. He had 49PM. I referenced one column too far over in the stats.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by JHM View Post
    He's an awesome third liner, that is receiving extra top 6 forward responsibilities in Florida. The first line is truly a second line, and possibly the third line, on a Stanley Cup winner.

Wow, that's quite the statement, I have to disagree. Sure White/Fleischmann/Versteeg isn't among the top 10 of no 1 lines in the NHL, but they are no slouches and would be an excellent 2nd line even on a Stanley Cup winning team. Can you name a 2nd line in the league that is better than them? I can't think of many that come close, maybe these:

- Pens simply because you'd talk Malkin with any two pylons in a second, perhaps.
    - Boston because either of Seguin/Bergeron + Marchand is a damn good combo.
    - StLouis, Perron/Berglund and maybe Oshie, now that's a hell of a 2nd line.
    - Chicago, if you split Toews/Hossa and Sharp/Kane or some combo.
    - Dallas, Roy/Ryder/Whitney will be pretty solid.
    - San Jose, Couture/Clowe/Havlat.
    - LA, Penner/Richards and Carter or Williams, maybe.
    - Perhaps the Flyers 2nd line but that's a major stretch in my mind.

I'd still take the Panthers top line over most of these, primarily because Stephen Weiss is one of the most underrated centermen in the entire league and a great two-way player, a Mike Richards-lite, and Fleischmann and Versteeg are very skilled players.

Anyway, thought i'd comment JHM as that statement was too difficult to read past!

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper